Code of Conduct

Forum for info about WM Althings, elections, questions about the Kingdom, etc.

Code of Conduct

Postby Porkins » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:09 pm

Westmarch,

For those of you who do not know, Amtgard passed a Code of Conduct for all members to abide by in 2013, with the intention of making Amtgard as a whole a safe and welcoming environment for all. The Code of Conduct can be found in the rules of play (v8) as well as here(http://caamtgard.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.p ... uct#p83730)While we as a Kingdom are like a large family we do not all share the same experiences and because of this what may seem like an innocent comment may very well make another member feel uncomfortable or unsafe. The Code of Conduct isn't just about harmful words, but about actions too. It is never okay to touch another person, especially in a sexual manner, without their permission. I was recently informed that some members of our Kingdom have concerns over some inappropriate behavior so what I want to do is remind everyone of the Code of Conduct and let people know that if they experience a situation that makes them feel unsafe in Amtgard to contact the closest person of authority that they feel comfortable talking to about the situation. It could be a Reeve, Knight, or a local or even Kingdom officer. I am always personally available on and off the field for any member to talk to. Alternatively anyone can look to the Amtgard ombudsman Grix to report any problems, concerns, or just to get some advice.

As for a little bit of homework, I would like all local monarchs, fighting company captains, and household masters and mistresses to talk with their respective group the code of conduct and how we can make Amtgard better by looking out more for each others safety and well-being. This is not about fixing any one problem it is about making sure that no member feels unwelcome or unsafe at Amtgard.

Thank you for your time,

-Porkins, King of Westmarch
In times like these, it's helpful to remember that there have always been times like these- Paul Harvey
Porkins

Re: Code of Conduct

Postby Grix » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:38 pm

The safety of those who attend our events is paramount, and it's important to remember that the need to create a safe environment extends beyond just our combat system to include all manners in which we interact with each other. The best way to promote that safe environment is to shine a light on anything that threatens it. If you see someone that appears uncomfortable, or someone that appears to be acting inappropriately, get involved. Reach out to an authority figure and notify them of the situation. If you ever feel harassed or threatened, find someone you trust and explain what happened. If you believe you are in danger or that someone has committed a crime, please contact mundane law enforcement.

If, for any reason, you need to reach out to someone outside of your group or kingdom to report an issue or ask for help, the Amtgard Ombudsman Office is available. The Amtgard Ombudsman Office consists of myself, Juju, and Scarab. Our function is to assist with issues affecting a player's enjoyment of Amtgard that require confidentiality and/or are beyond the scope of their local officials to handle. The Ombudsman team is empowered to informally investigate and assist with the resolution of said issues by working with the appropriate level of existing Amtgard authority. Specifically this should address sexual harassment, aggressive physical contact outside of the bounds of normal play, and inappropriate relationships between adults and minors.

Scarab, Juju, and I can be reached by filling out the Ombudsman Request for Assistance form: http://goo.gl/forms/b7ttuocNCR
\
\ji
/.(((
(,/"(((__,--.
\ ) _( /{
!|| " :||
!|| :||
''' '''
Grix
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅

Return to Important Westmarch Issues