Fund Raising Initiative

Forum for info about WM Althings, elections, questions about the Kingdom, etc.

Fund Raising Initiative

Postby KalevraFallstar » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:27 pm

Fund raising is an important part of any organization. Westmarch is doing well kingdom funds wise, but I feel like there is so much more we could be doing. I would love to see our kingdom coffers achieve a level where the kingdom can fund Kingdom events, without having to have the Autocrat front the bill and get reimbursed by the gate at the event.

I would love to see some Westmarch scholarships created, or various projects in the future be made possible because we have stepped up as a kingdom and provided the monarchy with the financial breathing room to make improvements as needed. At bare minimum we need to start funding things like storage for FoM gear and other Westmarch property.

Along those lines I propose another contest: one that will benefit both your local park and the kingdom. During this reign, ending at midnight on the day of Quals, we will be having a Fund Raising Contest. The Rules are outlined as follows:

1. This is strictly voluntary, but all parks regardless of status can have a team participate,

2. The only money counted toward the contest will be money given to the kingdom PM specifically noted as Fund Raising Contest (in other words, tithes and any other regular payments to the Kingdom of Westmarch do not count),

3. Any money raised for the contest that is not turned in by midnight the day of Quals does not count.

As I said this would benefit both your local park and the kingdom, and here is how I see that working: out of the total sum of money raised your park will keep 40% and you will send the kingdom 60%. In this fashion your park will also increase in funds but still get credit toward the rewards for the contest. The other benefit to your park is twofold and will have to wait till this coming Darkshore and Amtgard Food Fight.

For the first half of the winning team’s reward is of the money given to the kingdom for the contest, 30% of that money will be earmarked for next Food Fight. During Food Fight if your team’s park is able to fundraise up to or above the earmarked amount, the kingdom will make a donation to that park’s Foodbank of choice in your team’s name.

As an example: let’s say that Crimson Wood fields a team that raises $200 for the contest. The park will keep $80 and send the kingdom $120. The kingdom will then earmark $36 dollars for a matching donation during the next Food Fight. Assuming Crimson Wood raises at least $36; the kingdom will send an additional donation of $36 to the food Bank of Crimson Wood’s choice in the winning team’s name.

The other half of the reward is that the winning team will be treated to a royal feast at Coronation. They will have a table set aside with nice dinnerware and eating utensils and will be treated like royalty all throughout the feast.

I hope that you share my feeling that this will be enough of an incentive to really get creative and put in some good, hard work in fundraising for both your parks and your kingdom.

Marquee Paragon Kalevra Fallstar
Squire to Sir Euric Bloodstone
King of Westmarch
KalevraFallstar

Re: Fund Raising Initiative

Postby Water Hammer » Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:27 am

Love the enthusiasm, but have a slight issue. I see no method in our corpora for expending kingdom funds received in direct support of food fight. We do a great job of keeping those fundraising efforts significantly separated from park funds. Maybe I am missing something.
Baronet Water Hammer, Stalwart of Crimsonwood
Crimsonwood Rocks!!! I am humbled by your friendships.
Amtgard is the greatest thing my kids ever dragged me into.
Water Hammer

Postby Ka'a Acklie » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:32 pm

I also worry that any funds received now will not count towards Food Fight due to the clearness of the rules starting that funds cannot be gathered for it's purpose till the actual month of
Fru Squire Ka'a F Acklie

Ego Sum Finis
Ka'a Acklie

Postby KalevraFallstar » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:25 am

These funds raised are the kingdoms. The commitment to match a lands donation, is a separate issue.

So if you raise $100, you give the kingdom $60 and your own park $40. The kingdom then pledges to match donations at your park up to $15. That is not money stored for later use for food fight. It is a commitment to honor your hard work in this fund raising initiative, by pledging to match donations made. If your park only raises $10 during the next Food Fight, the kingdom will only match $10. If the raise $20, the kingdom will only match $15.
KalevraFallstar

Postby bill the nun » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:57 pm

So, what's the verdict? How'd we do???
bill the nun

Postby Azus » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:59 pm

Crimson Wood is da bestest!
Azus

Postby bill the nun » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:39 am

Really? Yaaaaaay!