Westmarch Tournament Series

Forum for info about WM Althings, elections, questions about the Kingdom, etc.

Westmarch Tournament Series

Postby BeliasNuulMora » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:36 pm

WMTS Facebook Group

Hey everybody, friendly champion Belias here. I am going to be running another Westmarch Tournament Series. It will be another 4 tournament series kind of thing. The first is midreign, which is the first weekend of February, the second is March 13 in TR, the third is quals, and the last one is at coronation. Now, onto how i will be running this whole shebang. This time around, it is a little bit different. I am eliminating the Pole/Great bracket from the series. Leaving us with Single, Flo, S&B, and Open. Now, I know you are thinking, "Wait a minute, if we are doing one at quals and midreign, won't pole have to be in it?" Well, you would be correct concerned Westmarch citizen. Those brackets will still happen per corpora, but they will not count towards the series standings. Speaking of standings, here is how it will break down:
You get points by placing in the 4 brackets.
1st place is 10 points
2nd place is 7 points
3rd place is 5 points
4th place is 3 points
5th place is 1 points
To further make winning feel special besides bragging rights, i will also be continuing the patch for tourney winners, and a to be determined prize for the overall top 3.
Also something that is changing this time around is the base format. If there are 24 or less people signed up, it will be best 2 of 3 double elim brackets. If there is 25 or more I will be running it WLS style. Which is a timed bear pit with multiple lines. The top 8 people from there go into a single elim best 2 of 3 bracket. For more details on this style, go to http://www.warlordsports.com/warlord-style-tournament
Now, here is where I call out for a bit of help. Doing this alone would be rough, so I am sending out a call. I would like 3 or 4 people who can be dedicated to going to all four events and helping me reeve and run this thing. If anybody is interested, please shoot me a PM. For anybody that does do this, and for any pick up reeves, I will be running a short tourney reeving class at every event.
BeliasNuulMora

Return to Important Westmarch Issues