Audit Results July–December 2015

Forum for info about WM Althings, elections, questions about the Kingdom, etc.

Postby ravenb » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:20 pm

AUDIT RESULTS
JULY 1–DECEMBER 31, 2015

Audit meeting attendees:
Ian (Fiks)
David (Azus)
Jodi (Raven)
Angel (Vidya)
Marcus (Colin)
Baylis (Ubrik)

The Board of Directors report the following audit results:
Aegir’s Hall: Fail (5th consecutive)
Missing/insufficient proof of advertising
Missing entire month of July for sign-in sheet scans
No scan of actual ledger
See below

Ashen Spire: Fail (5th consecutive)
No audit submitted

Aureus Saltus: Excellent (1st consecutive)
Event websites that were linked were accepted as sufficient advertising, any websites submitted for future audits should be in the form a screenshot with a visible date within audit period

Belial Peaks: Exempt
Joined November 2015 so exempt from submitting audit this period, but did anyway
Audit would have warranted a “Pass” rating
Missing sign-in sheet scans but not missing meetings
Just a photo of banner is not proof of advertising, photo of banner display at an event/demo more appropriate, or the usual flyer or recruitment website
Thank you for submitting an audit!

Bremen’s Fortress: Pass (1st consecutive)
Missing scans/screenshots of actual ledger and other supporting financial records, see below

Rating upgraded to "Excellent" on 3/2/16 after submitting scans of physical "ledgers" by online vote of the Board
The Board would like to encourage BF to adopt a more traditional business ledger with each individual transaction, both income and expense, properly documented line by line in one running ledger

Crimson Wood: Pass (1st consecutive)
Missing scans/screenshots of actual ledger and other supporting financial records, see below

Rating upgraded to "Excellent" on 3/2/16 after submitting scans of a physical ledger by online vote of the Board

Fal Dare: Pass (2nd consecutive)
Missing quals results (none held/canceled)
Proof of Advertising was very excellent, picture of flyer on wall, on line ads, etc.

Mistyvale: Excellent (3rd consecutive)
Many missing sheets, ORK verified attendance at least every other week
Advertising excellent!! Craigslist showing continuous advertising from August forward, newspaper article, meet-up

Seven Sleeping Dragons: Excellent (1st consecutive)
Flyer looks good
Attendance #s recalculated and still met attendance requirements as originally zeroes were assigned for rain or event days

Siar Geata: Pass (1st consecutive)
Sign-in sheets provided but 6 not entered in ORK, # meetings adequate but members may be missing out on credits?

Sunfire Bay: Exempt
Joined January 2016

Sunfire Valley: Pass (1st consecutive)
Missing many meetings/sign-in sheets for December

Thor’s Refuge: Fail (2nd consecutive)
Missing significant number if sign-in sheets
Missing Quals results
Missing scans/screenshots of actual ledger and other supporting financial records
See below

Valley of the Fallen: Exempt
Joined November 2015

Wavehaven: Excellent (2nd consecutive)

Wyvern’s Spur: Excellent (2nd consecutive)

The following lands have the option to make corrections and submit by February 29 for consideration of upgrade from a “Fail” to a “Pass”:

Aegir’s Hall: submit two out of three:
Scans of July sign-in sheets, acceptable proof of advertising, scan of financial ledger

Thor’s Refuge: submit two out of three:
Copy of Quals results, copy/scan of financial ledger, missing sign-in sheets for July/August

The following lands have the option to make the following corrections to upgrade their audit “Pass” to “Excellent”:
Bremen’s Fortress:
Scans/screenshots of actual ledger and other supporting financial records

Crimson Wood:

Siar Geata:

A discussion was held concerning “proof of financial records”, as 6 lands had deductions for financial records. As this may be due to inconsistency between BODs, a vote was held to allow these lands to upgrade their rating in this area. The Corpora Article X section 2. Audits. 2a: “iii. copies of financial records and ledger for the past six (6) months., iv. Copies of bank statements, if applicable.”
Please direct all questions and concerns to King Kalevra Fallstar.
ravenb

Re: audit results July-December 2015

Postby ravenb » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:21 pm

pdf of audit results
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ravenb

Re: Audit Results July–December 2015

Postby Scorch Flamedancer » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:48 pm

...I maintain my ledger on the audit pdf. Or at least I did when I was PM. And SG doesn't have enough expenditures to maintain a physical ledger.
My body is my sword, my mind is my blade. Without them, I would be nothing.
Scorch Flamedancer

Postby Laoric » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:00 am

How did Mistyvale get an excellent if they are missing sign-in sheets?
“I wanna live 'til I die, no more, no less.”
Laoric
Robbie Suxxorz

Postby Fiks » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:24 pm

Gonna put my BoD president hat on for a sec...Kalevra wanted to handle people's questions and statements about the audits so I won't address your guys' posts, apologies.

Just wanted to clarify that the BoD did vote to allow lands to submit missing financial records (or more in the case of TR and AH) for the rating upgrade. We will be accepting submissions for a week, so that we can get any upgraded ratings out by the second of March, which is the original deadline for audit ratings to be returned to the lands.

Submissions of missing data that has been found/scanned/screenshot can be submitted to me and Azus. Send us a PM or a message on FB for our email addresses, please.
"How harmful overspecialization is. It cuts knowledge at a million points and leaves it bleeding."—Hari Seldon
Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brotha', I hurt people. Bonk!
Fiks

Postby Fiks » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:45 pm

Fiks wrote:Kalevra wanted to handle people's questions and statements about the audits so I won't address your guys' posts, apologies.

Turns out I was mistaken about our King's intentions, so I find myself free to respond to concerns and questions. Putting the president hat back on, and striking the previous erroneous statement out...

Scorch Flamedancer wrote:...I maintain my ledger on the audit pdf. Or at least I did when I was PM. And SG doesn't have enough expenditures to maintain a physical ledger.

Hi Scorch. I know there wasn't a question in what you posted here, but I do feel the need to respond as the sentiment might agree with what other people could feel about this subject.

I disagree both personally and professionally with the assertion that a land of any size would not need a physical ledger. If you have members paying dues and have the park spending money on anything, receipts and a ledger need to be maintained to ensure future leaders understand where the moneys of the group came and went. From the paperwork side, a park has to be ran like a business, which it basically is. I don't know if you saw SG's audit (link for convenience sake) this time around, but on the form there were 13 members who paid dues in the audit period, there were two donations, and money was spent to maintain the park's MeetUp page. I feel all of these should have had a receipt drawn up for and/or an entry placed upon a ledger. Per the corpora, scans/screenshots of these were a required part of the audit submission so without them we voted for a "Pass" rating.

Azus, who admitted he had not thought to ask for these scans/screenshots of the several parks that were missing them before the meeting, has emailed Jose for a follow-up to see if a ledger or receipts exists and to see if they can be provided to allow for an upgraded rating. Since it might have been overlooked by previous boards, we're allowing for a brief grace period to make amends and to try and get the best ratings for everyone that we can while still following the letter and spirit of our guiding document.

Laoric wrote:How did Mistyvale get an excellent if they are missing sign-in sheets?

The statement of "many missing sign-in sheets" was sadly a misprint and I shall strike it out. Our secretary was furiously taking notes and I fear this might have been noted in error We didn't catch it before the results summary was published and for that I apologize. Mistyvale's audit was determined to be missing one sign-in sheet (7/25) and by all appearances they did not meet on one weekend (9/5). As those were not consecutive weeks and as such still met the corpora requirement for maintaining a shire, the board decided it was not an issue worth marking the park down for. That said, as they are up for promotion to Barony now, addressing missing sign-in sheets is something they will need to work on.

Judging by what I got copied on, emails have gone out to those lands who have the ability to improve their rating. If you are reading this and were the one to submit your land's audit, be sure to check your email carefully. And already we've gotten a response from one land that I've seen. Expect to see updates and voting on that in the BoD this coming week.

If anyone else would like to ask questions about the ratings, proceedings or to vent frustration, I'd be happy to continue to talk camp. If what I'm saying disagrees with anyone profoundly, our King has asked that you contact him with your concerns in private rather than overtly flame the board in a public space. Worse comes to worse, you can always present His Highness with a petition to impeach us and start from scratch.
"How harmful overspecialization is. It cuts knowledge at a million points and leaves it bleeding."—Hari Seldon
Fiks

Postby Collin the Red » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:41 am

FYI the "meny" missing sign is was a&s and FP sheets. Previously BoD asked for those to NOT be submitted as it doubled or tripled the work and was not used in the calculations of uniques.
Baron Collin MacAbee current King of Westmarch
Squire to Sir Smiley
Collin the Red

Postby Fiks » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:27 am

Hello, BoD President Fiks speaking:

We had two lands submit missing audit materials that were eligible for an upgraded audit rating: Crimson Wood and Bremen's Fortress. Online voting for an upgraded rating closed at 10PM tonight. Though we did not get a full seven votes for either, with six votes for Crimson Wood and five votes for Bremen's Fortress, we still maintained quorum as outlined in our corpora. After viewing the submitted missing material and offering unanimous support, the Board has elected to give both Crimson Wood and Bremen's Fortress an "Excellent" rating for the specified audit period. The results above shall be modified to reflect this.

All other ratings given at the audit meeting itself shall remain. This officially closes the audits for the period of July–December 2015.

Moving forward, we would like to ensure that all the lands are aware that the corpora asks for “iii. copies of financial records and ledger for the past six (6) months., iv. Copies of bank statements, if applicable.” In the case of financial records and ledger, this includes scans of a physical ledger or a screenshot of a digital ledger; filling in the ledger portion of the audit form is not sufficient by itself. This is to ensure the lands are all maintaining business ledgers that are accurate, legible, and up to date. Remember it's yours and your fellow Amtgarder's money that is being dealt with, so deal with it responsibly and maintain a ledger. The next audit period that this particular Board deals with (January–June 2016) will be graded with the same standard for ledgers, and options for upgrades will most likely not be offered that time around. Be prepared.
Fiks

Postby ravenb » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:14 pm

Westmarch BOD meeting notes
Thursday January 20, 2015
Meeting was called to order 1904 by Marcus Bergman (Colin McAbee)( alternate and past BOD member), sitting in for David Zucker (Azus)
In attendance: Marcus Bergman, Jodi Begley (Raven Skullsmasher), Angel Traub (Vidya), Bryan Wheeler (Kalevra Fallstar), Ian Crawford (Fiks), Robbie Starks (Laoric), Baylis Weaver.
First order of business: Election of officers
President Ian Crawford confidence 7 no confidence 0 abstain 0
Secretary Jodi Begley confidence 7 no confidence 0 abstain 0
VP Robbie Starks confidence 5 no confidence 0 abstain 2
Treasurer Baylis Weaver confidence 7 no confidence 0 abstain 0
Liason Angel Traub confidence 7 no confidence 0 abstain 0
Kingdom Monarch and PM serve on the BOD but cannot serve in a position. Marcus Bergman voted in place of David Zucker as David Zucker was absent.

OLD BUSINESS:
1 Vote to populace concerning detailed proof of advertising (a Corpora amendment) was declined by the populace. Marcus Bergman suggested trying to use the criteria of possible when evaluating advertising. We will review advertising procedures during review of audit procedures.
2 Follow-up on audit of Mistyvale books going to happen? To be determined.
Marcus Bergman left the meeting 1922. We have a quorum present still.

3 Review structure, function and activities of the BOD. Ian Crawford read and reviewed Article IX: Board of Directors http://caamtgard.com/docs/docs/wmk_corp ... -04-06.pdf. General Information, Officers of the Board, limitations of the Board. Minutes of the meetings will be posted electronically, broadcast over YouTube https://www.facebook.com/groups/Westmar ... age_bubble. A written copy of the Meeting notes will be posted on caamtgard.com BOD forum within one month after the meeting took place.
4 An attendance of 51% of the voting members is considered a quorum.

NEW BUSINESS
1. Angel Traub asked for clarification on the eligibility of Robbie Starks, Baylis and herself to participate on the BOD, due to questions as to whether they qualified as voting members. Article X, Section 1, item 3 states that only voting members may hold a seat on the BOD. They had achieved member status before the members of the BOD were officially elected January 10, 2016. Questions were raised about park attendance not being entered and sign-in sheet for Robbie Starks, and members announcing candidacy before they qualified as eligible voting members. The corpora states “only voting members may hold a seat on the Board of Directors. Voting membership must be maintained in order to remain on the Board”. Order of precedence: already voting eligible members are first to be chosen. Therefore, by althing standards, voting should have been first for members who were voting eligible at the time of declarations, then those who were not and declared, and then anyone else. Thus, the original election should have been only for those candidates who were voting members at the time of declaration.
a. In cases of contention, it is up to the monarch to ultimately decide if we need another election. If so, then those members in question would be asked to leave the BOD and we would need to refill the vacated positions. Kalevra Fallstar Bryan Wheeler declared that we will keep the positions filled as is and not hold another election, because members have all put themselves in good standing since being voted in.
b. There was still a concern about whether Robbie Starks Laoric is now voting eligible. There is a sign in sheet at a fighter practice that is unavailable. He needs to make sure he signs in definitively from now on to maintain voting eligible status.

2. LAND AUDITS

The agenda for the next meeting will consist primarily of land audits. Land PM’s submit their audits to Kingdom PM (Azus David Zucker) at any time, when asked, and/or every 6 months. The Confederacy Board of Directors shall conduct regular audits every 6 months (twice annually), typically the end of the first and sixth months. Fiks Ian Crawford referred to the Corpora Article IX Sponsored Chapters, Section 2 Audits.
All chapters must provide: copies of attendance sheets for the last 6 months, proof of advertising their chapter, copies of financial records and ledger for the past 6 months, copies of bank statements if applicable, and meet attendance requirements. Principalities, Duchies and Baronies must submit: a list of current officers, a list of current dues paid members, the results of the most recent crown qualifications, and the most recent crown election results.
Excellent rating: submits all required items
Pass rating: missing one required item but providing everything else
Fail rating: missing more than 1 required item. A fail rating is automatically assigned if the chapter’s audit is not received by the date set forth by the WM-BoD.
Minimum attendance is 75% of the numbers they needed to become their current size.
If a sponsored chapter gets two excellent ratings in a row, and meets requirements for status promotion, they will automatically be brought to a Westmarch althing for promotion vote. Likewise, if a chapter gets two consecutive “fail” ratings they automatically are brought forward for an althing for demotion consideration.
Promotion/demotion are not automatic. They require approval of the Kingdom Althing and Kingdom Monarch.
Audits will be posted by David Zucker at caamtgard.com, BOD site. Audit results need to be posted within one month from the deadline of January 31, 2016, thus the deadline for BOD review is March 2, 2016. The next BOD meeting date and time will be determined based on David Zucker Azus availability as the PM needs to be present. A meeting link will be posted on the Westmarch Facebook page.
ATTACHMENTS
Westmarch BOD meeting Thursday January 20.pdf
(112.82 KiB) Not downloaded yet
ravenb

Unread postby ravenb » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:20 am

Westmarch Board of directors meeting for Land Audits February 20, 2016
Members: Ian Crawford Fiks, president
David Zucker Azus Prime Minister
Marcus Bergman Colin vice president
Jodi Begley Raven Skullsmasher secretary
Baylis Weaver Ubrick treasurer
Angel Traub Vidya liaison
Notes: Brian Wheeler Westmarch Kingdom Monarch may be late due to Kingdom travel
Mark James Waterhammer not in attendance
Still have 51% quorum

I. Old Business
a. Westmarch PO Box status.
Per Azus, the PO Box fee is paid through the end of 2016.
The box fee is paid in one year installments and is good to 12/31/16. Discussion and volunteers to hold the WM PO Box keys, Prime Minister and one other in locale.
Robert Mott Sr. has (all) the keys to PO Box 66092, Sacramento, CA 95866. We will revisit moving the PO Box towards the end of the year. For now, the three keys will be distributed to: Kingdom Monarch Brian Wheeler, Kingdom PM David Zucker, and BOD secretary Jodi Begley.
The post office box is for official Westmarch use only.
b. Westmarch tax filings
Westmarch has tax-exempt status. There are three forms required to submit, with a $20 fee to file.
SI100 submitted to CA Secretary of State paid biannually, due this year
199N California Franchise Tax Board annual
990N Federal IRS annual
Forms need to be filed by May 15. Baylis (BOD Treasurer) and David Zucker (PM) will go over the paperwork by the next meeting, they will have a timeline and/or due date by the next BOD meeting, and we will continue as old business until all three are taken care of.
II. New Business
a. Land Audits
Ian read from the Corpora: Article IX, Section 2. Audits.

Section 2. AUDITS
1. The Kingdom may audit any sponsored chapter at any time to ensure the smooth operation of the sponsored chapter.
2. The Kingdom Board of Directors shall conduct regular audits of all lands every six (6) months.
a. All chapters must provide the following requirements:
i. Copies of attendance sheets for the past six (6) months.
ii. Proof of advertising their chapter, such as a flyer for a demo.
iii. Copies of financial records and ledger for the past six (6) months.
iv. Copies of bank statements, if applicable.
v. Meet attendance requirements.
b. Principalities, Duchies and Baronies must submit:
i. A list of current officers.
ii. A list of current dues-paid members.
iii. The results of most recent crown qualifications.
iv. The most recent crown election results.
3. Audits will be given ratings by the Board of Directors.
a. A land submitting all required items will earn an “excellent” rating.
b. A land missing one (1) required item but provides everything else earns a “pass” rating.
c. A land missing more than one (1) required item will earn a “failed” rating.
d. If the Kingdom Board of Directors fails to post the results of the audit within one (1) month of the deadline all lands automatically receive “excellent” ratings.
e. If a chapter’s audit is not received by the date set forth by the WM-BoD it will be considered an automatic rating of “fail”.
4. All groups must maintain minimum attendance requirements equal to 75% of the numbers they needed to become their current size.
5. Promotion and demotion themselves are not automatic, but require approval of the Kingdom Althing and Kingdom Monarch.
a. If a sponsored chapter passes two (2) consecutive regular audits with “excellent” ratings as well as meets the requirements for the proposed status promotion, they will automatically be brought to the Westmarch Althing vote for promotion consideration. There are several lands that got “excellent” last audit, so if they receive an “excellent” this audit, we will pass that on to the Kingdom Monarch as “Here are the lands that deserve consideration”. He then decides to move to an althing. Promotion is not automatic. The althing is automatic with or without Monarch approval, but in the end it is the Monarch who decides when, he can delay but the vote needs to happen.
b. If a sponsored group fails two (2) consecutive regular audits they will be automatically brought before the Westmarch Althing vote for demotion consideration.

Deadline for submission of land audits was January 31, 2016. Results need to be posted by the BOD by March 2, 2016, to meet the 1 month deadline.

Results- concise notes will be posted the night of or right after.

All lands submitted their audits on time.

Shires are required to meet every other week, so gaps not so much. Every other land is required to meet weekly, unless they provide a good reason for not meeting (historically this has been considered).

Audit items: bank account: if a land has a bank account, they must submit copies of statement: WH, WS, CW, TR, Siar Gaeta (personal account) - must have bank statements. Bank statements are optional, but not if there is a bank account.
Financial records and ledger- scan or screen shot of ledger (1/2 credit), transaction receipts (1/2 credit)

Proof of advertising: only 1 example given in the Corpora, (flyer for a demo), but it can be more.
Screenshots of websites- must be dedicated for the group.
Copies of a flier is proof of advertising material but better is to see it posted- shows trying to increase numbers. Same for business cards.
Is it acceptable to just submit the flyer, or better proof that it has been posted?
Historically we have accepted only the flyer, so this vote would need to be done before the NEXT audit to be fair on this audit. The Kingdom declined more exact verbiage so there is still a huge grey area
Social media? Facebook, it depends. If they use a link in addition- or business card in combination with something else, but per se FB is only a communication tool. Use link to Facebook of craigslist on the card as a contact. Need receipt of FB payment or screenshot. For example, Aegir’s Hall FB page-they can pay FB to promote their page, and then show a screen capture of receipt or screenshot of payment as proof of advertising.
Meetup-definitely membership generating. Screen capture has historically been accepted.
Article
Crimsonwood-photos at demo.
Demo-“assisted with demo”. Does that count? Did they really do anything there? No proof or photo or anything written.
Approving- has to show that it was directed toward a particular land.
It would be nice if the Corpora said: Recruitment activity vs advertising.
Next monarchy will be polled- how do you feel about the advertising issue?
Other Corpora suggestions: Table of contents, page numbers. These are mostly just formatting details which Fiks can add to the pdf.

AUDIT RESULTS
Aegir’s Hall. Reason FB advertising was brought up- did they pay to have the FB page promoted? No evidence. The only proof of advertising is their FB page. No receipt or screenshot. There is a way to find out more information, which could be documented with a screengrab, which would give more information. Therefore: missing proof of advertising.
Shire- so only required to meet every other week. Missing sheets for 9/6, 12/6, 12/27, and entire month of July scans. However, there were many discrepancies in numbers between sheets, the ORK and audit by one or so participants. Not as vital but sloppy paperwork or circumstances. Since a shire is required to meet only every other week, only one missing sheet isn’t a big deal, but a huge chunk of missing sign in sheets for July. Therefore: incomplete on attendance records
So:
1) Missing proof of advertising.
2) Missing entire month of July scans, Sept 6 and some in December. Number of discrepancies between sheets and the ORK (not a big deal). The main concern is the huge chunk of July sheets missing. (Incomplete scans)
3) Tithes ($40) vs dues ($90) - discrepancy-also from July when PM not keeping records well. Questioned record keeping vs when dues were paid. Has 8 dues paid members. No scan of actual ledger outside of audit. (Missing financial records)
Votes will be made alphabetically by name:
D (David) F
M (Marcus) F
B (Baylis) F
A (angel) F
J (Jodi) F
I (Ian) F
Unanimous fail.

Ashen Spire
Met once with one person during audit period. Nothing submitted.
A F
B F
D F
I F
J F
M F
Unanimous fail.

Aureus Saltus- Barony
Weaponmaster was cancelled- only one person. Large swings in attendance. Online event listing and patch article. Unique monthly sign-ins not indicated in audit. Noted in tabs. Edited uniques with 7/31, 8/14, 9/30, 10/11, 11/21, 12/17, met reqt for Barony.
?which park they were at- changing parks?
7/1 no sign in sheet-no ORK listing. Questions about where they were meeting. There was a question about where they were meeting in the last BOD reign. No ORK entry for 7/1, which is a Wednesday-midweek. about where they were meeting. Met 7/8 midweek-fighter practice? - should have been 7/5. Typo? No sign in sheet and not in ORK. “Wyvern’s Spur visit”- sign ins when did meet. Online sign ins-emails-copies. Wyverns Spur
9/6 WMW. No credits then.
All misses explained and all sheets accounted for. Checked Wyverns Spur in the ORK and identified AS members Lakvar, Emma. So good reasons for no sign in when they did not meet and sign ins when they did meet. Used online email sign ins which is new and works well if members have phones but no paper. Met attendance requirements.
Advertising- Mountain Mikes doesn’t really promote their park. Links difficult to open for some- would be better if it was a scan or screen capture. Article Ka’a wrote-is it personal to park? It lists all parks in CA Food fight is general to all parks in CA. Usa.net crown Quals. Adv 11/1 noon 1 day. It is questionable how well you could see this, like a single meetup and doesn’t denote an ongoing event. Pass with everything taken all together- needs improvement by criteria of Corpora.
Handful of audits that are just excellent- they have everything in a nice package, well formatted and were well done. Angel recommends posting some of these as an example for lands to use as examples of what we are looking for. These particular ones were nice and what should be strived for. We will revisit this at the end of the meeting.
Soft yes on advertising, everything else was OK. Ka’a did say that they were having stressful issues preventing them from their advertising as good as it should be. Hey- we don’t have enough people for our park so we are just going to pick up and go visit another park? Not a Barony move. New Barony- should be noted unless it was prearranged but when parks close on the same day that they travel if not enough members, should not be let go. They met requirements, once is OK, but not if it becomes more frequent. Also, day after a major holiday.
A E
B E
D E
I E
J E
M E
Unanimous excellent

Belial Peaks-Shire
Formed in April. Joined late last year November 2015 (only 1 ½ months), therefore exempt from this audit. First 6 months as part of WM only looked at but not P/F. Test audit? This is a grey area- not in the Corpora so not fair to grade this time. Next time Jan-June so then it will be fair to ask for a complete audit for the next audit period.
First 6 months as art of WM they are looked at but not assessed pass/fail.
Missing sheets in July/Aug but not missing meetings (before they joined WM, meetings are recorded in ORK). Photo of banner- assumption was they displayed it. Better would be a photo of the banner being displayed, say in a parade or a con. Just a photo- not a pass per Ian- needs to be a little more.
A P
B P
D P
I P
J P
M P
If with WM before July, would receive a unanimous pass (due to missing one item as insufficient advertising). Thank you for submitting an audit.

Bremen’s Fortress
Comment: file names in order please, which would make it much easier to go through if they appear in order.
All copies of fighter practice, therefore just main park day sign ins. Only time fighter practice sheets count is if they didn’t have a regular weekly meeting. Only park with a week night meeting. Fighter practice sheets are required if that is their weekly meeting and entered in ORK. Historically, TR was holding fighter practices and regular park day so had 8 sheets/week. The BOD at the time asked that they submit sheets for main park day only.
No scan or screenshot of ledger. Ledger was entered by hand into audit form. Ledger submitted on audit form would not match what the ledger would actually be, that is why we want a screenshot or scan of the actual ledger. Random order, credits by date, debits by date, interspersed. Running total is correct If the entries were as happened, mixing entries with receipts. Had to have a ledger somewhere to be able to copy the ledger into the audit entry. Need excel or ledger somewhere with a scan. So they need to show they have a ledger.
Per corpora, copy of financial record and ledger. Two parts to one requirement. On audit form +1/2, no screenshot or scan (-1/2).
Exempt last audit period, Joined just before 7-12/2014 audit period, therefore this is a live audit.
A P
B P
D P
I P
J P
M E (Only missing ½ of one requirement)
Pass.

Crimsonwood
Bank account closed due to the fact it was held by an individual, and was closed before the previous audit.
Ledger of dues paid and active players and uniques, but not financial ledger.
Has ledger, but not supporting financial records. (-1/2)
A E
B E
D P
I P
J P
M E
Discussion: Compared to BF- ledger at least that looks correct numbers-wise. Looks like a transcription of notes but looks like an actual ledger, vs BF. Has a ledger that shows monetary flow but not supporting records, vs BF who transcribed their ledger into the audit form but showed no proof of an actual ledger. BF also out of order, random amounts, different dates. CW more like what a ledger should look like so more accurate picture of actual monetary flow. BF missing ½; CW missing ½.
Tie: 3P:3E. BOD President tie break. NOTE: Pass for consistency missing ½ financial: proof of financial records.

Fal Dare-Barony
Quals- were cancelled as no one ran for office. All officers are protem. FB note the day of Quals that they were moved indoors/cancelled due to weather. They tried to run Quals at the last minute to get Quals before elections. Regent quit the day before Qual. Need to have some sort of Quals to have some sort of passing grade. Lists results of Quals which were null because there was no event. Can they use WM Quals? Notes on the audit form-local vs Kingdom Quals. The idea is that officers are actually qualifying and doing what they’re supposed to be doing. Doesn’t change the requirement, just the thinking behind why this is a requirement. Line on pro-tem officers is open to interpretation.
Entire monarchy as protem-should not be able to get excellent rating. Should be part of the audit system: #protems, and also limit ascent in the Kingdom land hierarchy, vs Amtgard officers. This would be something to look at then when considering for promotion- that’s where it would end.
Is attempt to hold Quals enough (does that count)? Or do you have to have Quals? Reqt is attending Quals and qualifying. Where do you draw the line on how many officers you have that are pro-tem?
Audit- held Quals, were elected, list of officers. Issue here is- no Quals-no results. The bottom line- hold quals, officers elected, list of officers.
Proof of advertising-picture of flyer on wall, online ads (carsonmail.org), business cards-FB. This is an example of what proof of advertising should be. Clear, good.
A P
B P
D E
I P
J P
M P
Pass. No Quals results.

Maybe we should post the excellents- these particular ones are a good example of what we are looking for in an audit.

Mistyvale-Shire
Sheriff had to do the audit on the evening of the 31st due to the PM being banned and got it in on time. GOOD JOB!
A lot of missing sheets-16-at least 10 in a row, not sequential but in groups. ORK verifies meeting at least every other week, therefore attendance is OK for a Shire.
Many difficulties with PM doing anything.
Scans of sign in sheets more than reasonable. 7/15 A&S, many sheets are arts and sciences meetings. Only ones that matter are the park days. Missing 2 park days but not sequential, most sheets ARE there. So the only sheets missing o 7/25, 9/9.
Sloppy ledger but there. Fixed and recently elected a new PM.
Advertising- Craigslist- adequate- shows continuous advertising from August forward. Newspaper article (good, shows both MV and TR) and the rest “icing on the cake”. FB page similar to AH, good but fails on its own.
List of past and current officers-backwards? Dues paid member list is immense.
A E
B E
D E
I E
J E
M P
Excellent. Second in a row.

Seven Sleeping Dragons
Cancelled great weapon in Weaponmaster due to gear breaking but Quals still happened. Gorilla elected because no one else ran.
David recalculated the averages, not counting the zeros for rain or event (coronation, FOM) days, and the numbers still met attendance requirements. Recalculations were higher. Don’t count zeros for those days as they are excusable.
Flyer-looks good- displayed on a board.
A E
B E
D E
I E
J E
M E
Unanimous excellent. Pass on previous audit.

Siar Gaeta-Duchy
Advertising- meetup qualifies on its own
Six attendance sheets not entered in the ORK. 11/28 – 12/23 no ORK entries but met three times in between. PM not entering?
As a land they met audit requirements but “semi-sloppy” PMing.
Note: sign in sheets are all there (not in order), but not all are entered in the ORK, therefore credits for players are not getting entered (not an audit requirement). 7/8, 8/15, 9/12, 11/7, 12/5, 12/12, 12/19
Ledger-no receipts, no scan of a working ledger. Paid $70 for meetup but no receipt (-1/2) for missing that part of financial records. Meetup costs are now higher. Had to speculate that $70 was for meetup as there was no scan of a receipt. Meetup costs paid every 6 months. Treasurer can do a receipt check- receipts can count as the financial record.
A P
B P
D P
I P
J P
M P
Unanimous pass. Missing ½ of financial records.

Sunfire Bay Exempt

Sunfire Valley-Shire
Failed Crown election requirement but is not a requirement for a Shire so OK
Excellent last audit.
Missing meetings? 1 sign in not in ORK. Joint Quals 8/9, so 4/5 meetings in August. Only met once in September, but WMW? Yes at WMW, covers September. No sheets for 9/6, 9/13, only 9/23 in ORK 9/20 and 9/27 have sign ins but are not in the ORK. Met ¾ weeks in September. November 22, 29 missing- 2 in a row. December- only 1 week, 12/6. ORK-3 meetings recorded 12/12, 19, 26. OK if fighter practices are the only weekly meetings. December- fighter practices. Do fighter practices count as weekly meetings? Met every other week. Missing sign in sheets, audit dates do not match ORK dates. Unique monthly average is 5.8 (6) which meets requirement for Shire (4), so failed to meet every other week in December.
Missing meetings in December, meetings weren’t cancelled, just people didn’t show up. A suggestion was in the past a place holder sheet was provided to prevent “missing” sheet.
Are “meeting requirements” the same as “attendance requirements”? Attendance requirements are outlined in Audits, section 2av4. Meeting requirements specific to a Shire are listed on the following Corpora page as “every other week”. This is a change in language from the original Dragonspine Corpora. Shire: 4 unique monthly average.
Missing attendance automatic failure? No, not meeting averages is auto fail.
Per Corpora 2a (v), meet attendance requirements. 4 all groups must maintain minimum attendance requirements equal to 75% of the numbers they needed to become their current size.
Failed to meet EOW- only met once in December. Missing meetings in December. In the past we required place holder sheets. To meet attendance reqts: meet # times, and 755 peeps
Section 4 clarification of 2av
Elections-lack of.
A P
B P
D P
I P
J P
M P
Unanimous Pass. Attendance requirements not met.

Thor’s Refuge
Quals results missing. Quals were held- hand-off issue.
Attendance- assuming they met in July-August. Missing sign in sheets and no attendance in ORK for a significant period. Met unique monthly average.
Bank statements, but no scan of petty cash ledger or receipts.
Missing sign in sheets without ORK entries. 8/16-8/23 consecutive without meeting/zero attendance. Plus all of July. Missing sheets for days they did meet (Colin was there and verified meetings did happen) failure of transfer from PM. If they met the monthly average, there would be no penalty for unexcused weeks in a row. SFV excused sheet for no meetings. Compare to the criteria used for SFV had ORK entries but no sheets. TR has no ORK and no sheets. Past PM passed off sheets to someone who did not enter them in the ORK and now missing those sheets. Therefore- failed on sign in scans.
Financial- can upgrade this area if they can later provide scan of physical ledger.
In the past, upgrades have only been allowed F=>P. Fails: AH, AS, TR. Of these two, AH would still fail if they submit financials.
A P
B F
D F
I F
J F
M F
Fail. Missing Quals results, did not meet attendance requirements, no ledger.
July 5 entered in ORK but no sign in. A lot of sign ins that didn’t get to PM, therefore missing sign in sheets. Hand off 8/30- 2 sheets in August entered but one of them lost

Valley of the Fallen
Joined in November-EXEMPT-not required to submit and they didn’t.

Wavehaven
Missing sign in sheet 10/10, no ORK entry- FOM
Flyer- proof it was posted? Permitted picture of flyer only for other lands so this is OK.
Bank card transaction accidentally used for personal charge. Account was promptly paid back.
A E
B E
D E
I E
J E
M E
Unanimous excellent: second consecutive excellent

Wyvern’s Spur
Food Fight donation sent out now
Spreadsheet of Winter audit- calculations for uniques and monthly average- not an audit document.
A E
B E
D E
I E
J E
M E
Unanimous excellent: second consecutive excellent. Has the numbers to request promotion to Barony.

Skipped: Valley of the Fallen- joined in November- and Sunfire Bay-joined in January, so exempt. Belial Peaks also joined in November 2015 but submitted an audit. Honorable mention.
Colin requested MV resubmit unique monthly sign ins since you can’t have uniques > attendance. For example, 3 weeks 28,36,37 with UMA 20, another 20, 30, 16 with UMA 7. If you go to two lands in one day you can only count one. Resubmission would not change the rating (excellent) and is still above what they need for a Shire and adequate for a Barony.
Corrections- upgrade scores:
TR- needs sign ins, financial records, Quals results.
AH (Shire) - advertising, copies of financial, sign in sheets. Last pass 2013. Fifth fail in a row. Recommend remove core status? Not automatic. Up to the King to decide, bring to althing. Would need to correct all three to bring up to pass.
Ashen Spire (Shire)-althing. Recommendation to the King to ask for althing to drop Ashen Spire as a viable land (would also remove core status).
AH: by Kingdom corpora, no Barony status removed, therefore removal not automatic. They were never a Barony, got core status through principality corpora. Question whether they submitted the request 6 months ahead of time, they said the King at the time lost it therefore they got it in anyway. They have nothing since gaining core status, only status of a non-Barony or higher being core.
Six lands had financial records missing.
We have never given an option of upgrade to excellent.

Three lands, Siar Gaeta, TR, AH: financial, financial, and financial no scan of ledger
Need clarification of what is needed. Possibly the lands did not realize exactly what they needed, and David expressed concern that perhaps he could have done a better job reaching out about this aspect of the audit. For example, Crimsonwood got a pass, through a tie breaker, due to -1/2 financial. The stakes for allowing lands to upgrade their scores by submitting a ledger scan vary between lands, and may supersede historically not allowing a land to upgrade from P=>E. For example, CW not much difference as it is a big land. BF the difference between P/E as they can get bigger. TR P/F-looking at a possible demotion (last five audits for them P/P/E/F/now F), AH pass- please don’t knock out of core. So in looking at the lands and what is at stake, votes were taken on:

Financial records review possibly different from previous BOD, so vote taken to allow missing scan/screenshot of ledger or receipts to upgrade rating “box ticked”
A Y
B Y
D Y
I Y
J Y
M Y
So for the Fails, resubmit at least 2 of the three audit items by February 29 to upgrade F ->P. Pertains to Aegir’s Hall and Thor’s Refuge.
A Y
B Y
D Y
I Y
J Y
M Y
Is submitting a scan of the ledger something that people just don’t know, is a veteran park unaware, or should they know better? CW last audit- bank statement. Maybe past BOD looked at financials differently, in which case if there are differences in grading between BoDs some form of clarification should be made.
Crimsonwood- Will be allowed to submit a copy of their ledger for an upgrade of pass to excellent.
Announce the results now, contact those lands affected, with a revision submission deadline of February 29th to Ian or David, to allow the modified ratings to be completed by the original deadline of March 2.

Other new business: Contract- Skyfire Bay cannot sign their contract because the founder and current sheriff is a minor. Need to have parent sign or re-election since Sherriff can’t be a minor. Contract cannot be waived. Since not an agenda item for this meeting, will add to next meeting’s agenda, the date of which will be determined
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ravenb

Return to Important Westmarch Issues