Running Amtgard International

Forum for info about WM Althings, elections, questions about the Kingdom, etc.

Running Amtgard International

Postby Azus » Wed May 25, 2016 9:12 pm

http://www.electricsamurai.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=29511

Sir Randall Andalsa wrote:Majesties—

On May 24, I was asked by Dame Caliana (the President of the Amtgard International Board of Directors) to bring forward an item of business regarding the filing of Amtgard International's non-profit paperwork. She has advised me that the cost to do the filing is $400. As some of you may be aware, the cost of organizing Amtgard at the interkingdom level has historically often been handled out of pocket by Executive Committee members—however, $400 is a large sum for any one person or collection of persons to offer up. It may also be in the interest of the kingdoms to have financial involvement in this stage of Amtgard's growth rather than rely on deep-pocket donors, similar to how the kingdoms earlier voted to contribute funds to pay for the Amtgard website. With that all in mind, and with a request by Caliana to handle this prior to Clan if possible, I ask you to consider funding this endeavor.

The Circle of Monarchs cannot compel kingdoms to provide money. Rather than a vote, I would ask which kingdoms would like to donate to this project, and how much. If each kingdom contributes to funding the filing of Amtgard International's non-profit paperwork, it works out to about $24 per kingdom. There are other board concerns on the horizon, such as opening a bank account for Amtgard International—any overage could, if you sign off on it, go toward that as well.

I will work out with Caliana the best way to handle the transfer of funds, and will provide everyone with details as soon as they are available. As these are your funds, I will also be working with the board to obtain receipts for this expenditure to bring back to the Circle of Monarchs. It's important to me that there is oversight of this.

Please let me know if there are any thoughts or concerns. If your kingdom is willing to contribute, please note how much, and whether you are okay with any excess being used for other board contingencies.

Thank you,

Randall Andalsa
ExCom Chair, acting
Azus

Re: Running Amtgard International

Postby Azus » Wed May 25, 2016 9:17 pm

Azus

Return to Important Westmarch Issues