July Althing!

Forum for info about WM Althings, elections, questions about the Kingdom, etc.

July Althing!

Postby Azus » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:47 pm

July Althing!

Seeing how our first weekend is 4th of July weekend, we're bumping Westmarch business to to the 2nd weekend, July 9th/10th.
Shall Westmarch purchase a generator for use at Westmarch Events? Maximum expenditure to be $400.
Discussion thread: http://www.caamtgard.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8635
Aye
Nay
Abstain
Postpone

Shall Westmarch contribute $24 to Amtgard International for Non-Profit Filing Paperwork?
Original post: http://www.electricsamurai.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=29511
Discussion threadhttps://www.facebook.com/groups/Westmarch/861647763940446/

Aye
Nay
Abstain
Postpone
Azus

Re: July Althing!

Postby Azus » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:39 pm

bump
Azus

Postby Faye » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:57 pm

From SSD, with 6 out of 10 dues-paid members reporting:

1. Generator Purchase
Aye - 6

2. Shall Westmarch contribute $24 to Amtgard International
Aye - 6
Faye

Postby Collin the Red » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:45 am

From TR, with 6 out of 17 voting eligible members reporting:

1. Generator Purchase
Aye - 6

2. Shall Westmarch contribute $24 to Amtgard International
Aye - 6

NOTE While last week was a national holiday, on the 10th TR had more travelers then stay home members due to WMTS, Quest at AuS, and the invasion Jugging game with BP also at AuS.
Also noted was the question as to why the Monarch and PM didn't just pay the $24, why vote if this is a 1 time $ amount and under the monthly draw for either officer.
Baron Collin MacAbee current King of Westmarch
Squire to Sir Smiley
Collin the Red

Postby Azus » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:45 am

Collin the Red wrote:Also noted was the question as to why the Monarch and PM didn't just pay the $24, why vote if this is a 1 time $ amount and under the monthly draw for either officer.

That was a possibility I floated; Primarily the monarchy's allowance is for running of Westmarch; Amtgard International doesn't fall under that purview. Also, (paraphrasing) Fiks had interesting comments that putting to althing opens transparency and in a way give a sense of ownership of Amtgard International to everyone.
Azus

Postby Fiks » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:57 pm

Azus wrote:
Collin the Red wrote:Also noted was the question as to why the Monarch and PM didn't just pay the $24, why vote if this is a 1 time $ amount and under the monthly draw for either officer.

That was a possibility I floated; Primarily the monarchy's allowance is for running of Westmarch; Amtgard International doesn't fall under that purview. Also, (paraphrasing) Fiks had interesting comments that putting to althing opens transparency and in a way give a sense of ownership of Amtgard International to everyone.

"Does this count for running of OUR Kingdom? Not really. But it's a no brainer Althing item to me. Vote yes and contribute to maintaining the Dream." "Having an Althing lends a formality and a sense of adherence to the spirit of empowerment that having Althings in the first place is supposed to provide. By having an Althing to support the continuance of Amtgard, Inc.'s restructuring, we're given a voice to support them and a chance to participate directly in the future of the Dream at a game-wide level. That's a bitchin' opportunity in my opinion."

Sometimes my thoughts come out nice.
"How harmful overspecialization is. It cuts knowledge at a million points and leaves it bleeding."—Hari Seldon
Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brotha', I hurt people. Bonk!
Fiks

Postby Azus » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:47 am

With 39 votes cast of 58 voting members

For a generator:
36 aye
3 abstain

For Amtgard International:
36 aye
2 nay
1 abstain
Azus