August Althing!

Forum for info about WM Althings, elections, questions about the Kingdom, etc.

August Althing!

Postby Azus » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:07 pm

Wow, my last one is a big one!

August Althing! Prime Ministers, please run this August 13th/14th, with results to me by midnight Tuesday August 16th.

Keep an eye out for upcoming Kingdom Prime Minister elections, to be declared by our GMR.

Corpora Amendments

Article II Ammendments:
1. Strike Section 1, Item 2 and replace with:
2. Persons under the age of fourteen (14) may participate in combat or be present on the battlefield with special permission from the local monarch after they have evaluated the person as per the RoP. Regardless of determination of field participation, a person under the age of fourteen (14) may still be a member of Westmarch as described above as long as their parent or legal guardian is present for the duration of their attendance.

This is to bring our under 14 policy in line with the RoP.
Aye
Nay
Postpone
Abstain

2. Strike Section 3, Item 1 and renumber remaining items accordingly.
1. All members who attend and play a class (including reeves and non-combatant roles such as color) at an officially scheduled meeting or function shall gain one (1) credit in that class.
Item 1 was determined to be redundant when compared against the RoP.
Aye
Nay
Postpone
Abstain

3. Insert the following into Section 3 as Item 4 and renumber the following items accordingly:
4. All members who attend and participate at an officially scheduled Arts & Science meeting shall gain one-quarter (1/4) Color credit.
a. A player may receive no more than one-half (1/2) Color credit per week of Arts & Science meetings.

This allows for color credits to be earned at officially scheduled A&S meetings, and is in line with fighter practice credits gain and limits.
Aye
Nay
Postpone
Abstain

4. At the end of Section 4, number the last line (begins "A person whose membership is terminated...") as Item 6 and number the next sentence ("Restoration of membership requires...") as subitem a. The corpora should then read as:
6. A person whose membership is terminated may appeal to the Kingdom Althing to have their membership restored.
a. Restoration of membership requires a ⅔ approval of an Althing vote.

Minor formatting correction.
Aye
Nay
Postpone
Abstain

Article III amendments

5. Section 1, Item 4: Append "concurrently" to the end of the item. The item shall now read:
3. No person may hold more than one (1) of the offices of Monarchy at any level of Westmarch concurrently.

This is to clarify that no one can be more than one Monarchy officer at any level concurrently. For example, one could not be King of Westmarch and Prime Minister of their home park at the same time. They would have to abdicate one of those offices to take the other.
Aye
Nay
Postpone
Abstain

6. Section 1, Item 4: Rewrite to read:
4. All Kingdom officers must maintain voting membership in one of the core chapters comprising Westmarch.”

This clarifies that this pertains to the Kingdom officers. All other requirements for officers at the individual parks (ie: be dues paid, reeves tests, etc.) are handled in Article VI. CROWN QUALIFICATIONS.
Aye
Nay
Postpone
Abstain

7. Section 1, Item 5: Rewrite beginning of item to read:
5. No Monarchy officer may hold an office for more than two consecutive terms.
a. A 2/3 majority of an Althing vote prior to declarations may allow an officer to run for another term.

Clarifies that the office limit only applies to the Monarchy offices only, as in: Monarch, Regent, Prime Minister, Champion. This means that GMR, GMK, BoD, and other miscellaneous offices and appointments have no hard term limit, which seems to reflect the reality of the past years for the most part.
Aye
Nay
Postpone
Abstain

8.Section 3, Item 6: Insert as item 6 and renumber accordingly:
6. The Regent shall be in charge of maintaining a list of all kingdom property and effects.
a. Any member wishing to take possession of a piece of property owned by the Kingdom or local park for more than the duration of a normal park meeting or one (1) day event must sign-out the property from the Regent. An expected date of return of the property must be provided.

Adds the responsibility of tracking Kingdom/park property to the Regent, as it was felt that the other officers already had enough on their plate. Exception being Champion who is already responsible for loaner equipment at the local park.
Aye
Nay
Postpone
Abstain

9.Sec 4, Item 6: Insert as subitem c:
c. Waivers must be renewed every three years counting from the date when the waiver was signed. Discarded expired waivers must be destroyed in a secure manner, ie: shredded, safely burned, etc.."

Mandates that a Prime Minister is to ensure waivers are up to date by obtaining new ones every three years, which is the minimum amount of time that the IRS wishes us to keep current records for. The idea there being that PMs are likely going to be going through their paperwork looking to dispose of three year old documents unless they're document hoarders like Fiks. If a PM wishes to do updates to waivers more frequently, that's up to them, but this establishes an "at minimum" time period.
Aye
Nay
Postpone
Abstain

10.Remove extra punctuation in Section 4, particularly in the word "O.R.K." as it's commonly written simply as ORK and at the end of Item 7, subitem b.
Aye
Nay
Postpone
Abstain

General Items
The Kingdom of Westmarch was asked to sponsor a lunch at Clan. King Kalevra fronted costs out of pocket.
Shall Westmarch reimburse Kalevra $100 for costs relating to Westmarch sponsoring lunch at Clan?
Aye
Nay
Abstain
Last edited by Azus on Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Azus

Re: August Althing!

Postby KalevraFallstar » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:17 pm

As a bit of clarification. I spent $150 on lunch, but am only asking of WM would like to reimburse me for 2/3 of it.
KalevraFallstar

Postby Azus » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:44 pm

Please note updated dates
Azus

Postby Collin the Red » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:49 pm

TR Althing results:
With 12 of 15 Voting members casting their votes:
  • Item 1: 12 of 12 Aye
  • Item 2: 11 Aye, 1 Abstain
  • Item 3: 11 Aye, 1 Abstain
  • Item 4: 12 of 12 Aye
  • Item 5: 11 Aye, 1 Ney
  • Item 6: 11 Aye, 1 Ney
  • Item 7: 12 of 12 Aye
  • Item 8: 8 Aye, 2 Ney, 2 Abstain
  • Item 9: 7 Aye, 4 Ney, 1 Abstain
  • Item 10: 12 of 12 Aye
  • Item 11: 8 Aye, 4 Ney
Baron Collin MacAbee current King of Westmarch
Squire to Sir Smiley
Collin the Red

Postby Fiks » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:40 pm

On behalf of PM Misty, who was out of town for this week's Althing, GMR Fiks reporting with Wavehaven's results, with 6 of 7 dues paid and voting eligible members responding:

Item 1: 6 Aye
Item 2: 6 Aye
Item 3: 6 Aye
Item 4: 6 Aye
Item 5: 4 Aye, 2 Nay (Dissenters noting that they felt some offices could be reasonably held at multiple levels, eg: champion)
Item 6: 6 Aye
Item 7: 6 Aye
Item 8: 6 Aye
Item 9: 6 Aye (Someone underlined "document hoarder like Fiks" on the ballot, and I may be offended)
Item 10: 5 Aye, 1 Nay (Dissenter just wanted to be contrary, I think)
Item 11: 6 Aye

And for your amusement and monkey-sphere-satisfying information, we also discussed two local items:

A vote to allow Misty to run for another term as PM, as there were no volunteers for the office and she enjoys doing the job as it allows her to participate even with the bebe: Passed unanimously.
On the matter of Kingdom Quals falling to Wavehaven to host, and of electing a Quals Coordinator, I volunteered to Do The Thing and was unanimously supported by a vote to do so. So expect Quals details sometime after Midreign.
"How harmful overspecialization is. It cuts knowledge at a million points and leaves it bleeding."—Hari Seldon
Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brotha', I hurt people. Bonk!
Fiks

Postby bill the nun » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:40 pm

Crimsonwood results:
12 voting members present:
Item 1: 9 aye, 1 postpone, 2 abstain
Item 2: 9 aye, 1 postpone, 2 abstain
Item 3: 6 aye, 2 nay, 1 postpone, 3 abstain
Item 4: 8 aye, 1 postpone, 3 abstain
Item 5: 9 aye, 1 postpone, 2 abstain
Item 6: 9 aye, 1 postpone, 2 abstain
Item 7: 7 aye, 1 nay, 1 postpone, 3 abstain
Item 8: 9 aye, 1 postpone, 2 abstain
Item 9: 7 aye, 3 nay, 1 postpone, 1 abstain
Item 10: 7 aye, 2 nay, 1 postpone, 2 abstain
Item 11: 8 aye, 3 nay, 1 abstain
bill the nun

Postby Faye » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:23 pm

SSD Results:

With 8 out of 11 reporting:

1. Aye - 8
2. Aye - 8
3. Aye - 8
4. Aye - 8
5. Aye - 8
6. Aye - 8
7. Aye - 7, Nay - 1
8. Aye - 8
9. Aye - 8
10. Aye - 6, Nay - 2 (Due largely to contrary-ness)
11. Aye - 8
Faye

Postby Azus » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:55 pm

woohoo! Everything passed!

69% of vote eligible folks votes. well above quorum.

#1 at97%
#2 at 97%
#3 at 91%
#4 at 97%
#5 at 89% (with a note that some positions a person might be able to hold some concurrently)
#6 at 94%
#7 at 91%
#8 at 91%
#9 at 78%
#10 at 83%

Reimbursing King Kalevra at 81%
Azus

Postby Fiks » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:43 pm

Can we get the actual numbers, please?
"How harmful overspecialization is. It cuts knowledge at a million points and leaves it bleeding."—Hari Seldon
Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brotha', I hurt people. Bonk!
Fiks

Postby Azus » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:33 pm

By the deadline, I had received 38 votes of 56 voting members *68%, sorry, typo up there of the percent voting)

aye 35
nay 0
postpone 1
abstain 2
97.22% aye

Aye 34
nay 0
postpone 1
abstain 3
97.14% aye

aye 31
nay 2
postpone 1
abstain 4
91.2% aye

aye 34
nay 0
postpone 1
abstain 3
97.1% aye

aye 32
nay 3
postpone 1
abstain 3
88.9% aye

aye 34
nay 1
postpone 1
abstain 1
94.4% aye

aye 32
nay 2
postpone 1
abstain 3
91.3% aye

aye 31
nay 2
postpone 1
abstain 4
91.2% aye

aye 28
nay 7
postpone 1
abstain 2
77.8% aye

aye 30
nay5
postpone 1
abstain 2

aye 30
nay 7
abstain 1

81.1% aye

-------------------------------------------------------------

I did receive late votes (not included in above, I received after I posted this) 6 of 11 votes cast. #5 and 9 had 4 aye, 1 nay, 1 postpone, 0 abstain. Everything else had 5aye, 0nay, 1 postpone, 0 abstain. So even if I factored in the late votes, the outcome wouldn't have changed.

On time and late, there appears to be 2 people who voted to postpone (I suppose it's possible that each vote a different person voted to postpone, but I strongly suspect that each park had one person voting to postpone on everything)
Azus

Return to Important Westmarch Issues