Corpora Committee Feedback

Forum for info about WM Althings, elections, questions about the Kingdom, etc.

Corpora Committee Feedback

Postby Fiks » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:00 pm

Hi, gang! I'm the current head of the Kingdom Corpora Committee. Most of this text you might recognize from the Facebook thread discussing the timing and content of the August Althing. Figured since I had a bunch of words written up that would serve well as a thread starter on the forums, I'd do that thing. So here we are, and please forgive all the duplicate words from Facebook. The text on the August Althing ballot is verbatim what we passed along, with the italicized verbiage being what I thought would succinctly summarize what the amendment intended, though the amendments should be self-explanatory, otherwise maybe they weren't written well enough.

Feel free to poke me about anything you have concerns with corpora wise. For your information: the Committee is working its way through the Corpora Article by Article, looking for loopholes, redundancies, unclear text and opportunities to either improve or at the very least update the corpora to reflect the reality of how the Kingdom has been operating. If you have something that you would like to bring up to us regarding an Article that has been already reviewed and sent to Althing, do let me know. We can make an effort to double back on something vital that has been overlooked if there's a good case for it. Been meaning to make a post saying as much for a while now, but it kept slipping.

So yeah, do speak up if you've any concerns over the matter of the amendments themselves and we can hash it out. I'm happy to explain how we arrived at the amendments that we did and am also happy to receive any input from the populous for the Committee to consider. In this thread is the perfect place for concerns and questions, as it's less likely to get lost in the flood of Facebook posts that occasionally happens.
"How harmful overspecialization is. It cuts knowledge at a million points and leaves it bleeding."—Hari Seldon
Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brotha', I hurt people. Bonk!
Fiks

Return to Important Westmarch Issues