Formal Proclamation of two bans

Forum for info about WM Althings, elections, questions about the Kingdom, etc.

Formal Proclamation of two bans

Postby KalevraFallstar » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:11 pm

Hello Populace,
I come to you today with a matter of great importance and sadness. It was brought to my attention on the last night of Feast of Mars, by the guilty parties, that money from the FoM account was removed and used for personal reasons. The guilty parties came clean, of their own volition, and had already returned the funds to the account. However, this is an extremely serious issue. An issue that knights have been stripped of belts and titles for, and people have been banned from Amtgard for life for. Removal of funds from a non-profit is a serious crime, that could have repercussions on the club as a whole. Due to their coming forward and making themselves culpable of their own volition, I am inclined to show as much mercy as I feel comfortable with, but cannot in good conscience treat this matter lightly or with no repercussions.

As the parties are both close to me, I have carefully consulted the rest of my monarchy, an Ombudsman, and a few knights I have a great deal of respect for. I very much want to make sure that my decision was thought out and considered from multiple perspectives. With that in mind I make the following pronouncement:

Due to violation of the number 4 section of the Code of Conduct, by joint agreement of myself Kalevra Fallstar, King of Westmarch, as well as Laoric Stark, the Prime Minister of Westmarch, I do hereby suspend Guyvas of Thor's Refuge, and Effani Fallstar of Thor's Refuge for a period of one year, from attending any event, function, or park day associated with Westmarch Amtgard. Additionally, upon returning from said one-year suspension, they will both be suspended from any position or placement within Amtgard that would give them unfettered access to funds belonging to any organization sponsored by Westmarch Amtgard for an indefinite period of no less than 5 years. A violation of this nature does enact the IK Shared Ban treaty, and thus they will not be allowed to play ant any park within a kingdom that has signed. This suspension will begin immediately. Further detail of their infractions will not be provided by this Monarchy, and any questions or explanations sought should be done so through the suspended parties, and will be given at their discretion.

It is with great sadness that we must do this, but let me reiterate that this issue is of the gravest nature. One that we cannot allow to be even considered, by future members with access to any of the resources Westmarch has at its command.

Sincerely,
Marquis Paragon Kalevra Fallstar
King of Westmarch
KalevraFallstar

Return to Important Westmarch Issues