FOM wrap up thread

Forum for info about WM Althings, elections, questions about the Kingdom, etc.

FOM wrap up thread

Postby Etah » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:48 am

Hello citizens of Westmarch!

I had the pleasure of serving as your (co)autocrat for FOM/Olympiad this past September.

There were lots of highs and a few lows.

I’d like to give a big shout out to Kat Bloodrayne and Petra for flying in just to work their tails off. They had a big job and were thrown a couple of major wrenches which they adjusted to admirably. This event would not have seemed so smooth without their expertise.

I wanted to specifically thank Fiona for stepping up and taking a daunting job and smashing it out of the park.

I want to thank Guyvas for asking me to join this team. He is the one that started this project. In the run up to and during Olympaid he took on a lot of responsibility and he did pretty well.

Seras, Athena, Kalevra, Clenawe, Lothar and tons of other people also stepped up to various roles and did damn fine jobs.

It was both rewarding and humbling to be work on such an important event and to work with such a great team.

One of the hiccups was that the main sign in was lost at some point. That means two things in particular:

The first is that to assign credits the Kingdom Prime Minister has to rely on the land sign-ins. I counted about 200 people across all these sign ins. That means that about 40 people won’t be getting credits. If you think you are one of those 40 people (the ones that did not sign in on the land sign-in sheets), and you want credits for FOM, then message me with the days you were there and your chosen class and I’ll confirm that you attended and make sure you get those credits.

The other thing that means is that we can’t pinpoint for sure the total receipts we should have taken in based on the number of full price attendees, day trippers and the small number of people excused from paying.

What we do know is that total receipts for gate, including prepay, were an estimated $6931.37, about $5705.37 was spent on overhead. I have $1226 on hand.

Unfortunately the money we were given from the FOM account plus the Kingdom draw the King loaned to us equales $1713.48 altogether, which means I have to assume the event lost roughly $487.48

I apologize for this and take full responsibility. In hindsight we could have planned better and shown more discipline. If and when I run events in the future, I will definitely take a much more fiscally cautious approach.

That being said, pending the approval of the Kingdom monarchy, I will be running a series of fundraisers to recoup the losses for the Kingdom coffers. Since Food Fight just passed not long ago I will wait and string these fundraisers out in the period of time following SKBC and ending with Darkshore.

One last note, if you have not gotten a FOM belt favor I have a few extras and will be glad to distribute them to people, just message me and ask.

Thanks for attending FOM and thanks for reading this far!

Yours in service
- Baronet Squire Etah Landshark
Corsair of Asgard
~Baronet Squire Etah Landshark
Corsair
Shire of Aegir's Hall

"Hate is a strong word, but I found out if you say it backwards what appears is a bald nerd." - MC Nameloc
Etah

Return to Important Westmarch Issues