BOD declarations for WM 2017 BOD

Forum for info about WM Althings, elections, questions about the Kingdom, etc.

BOD declarations for WM 2017 BOD

Postby ravenb » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:37 pm

USe this thread to declare your intentions for WM BOD 2017. Don't miss the opportunity!!
The following is the information copied from last years announcement, per Azus.

We need to get declarations for Westmarch's Board of Directors! We need a minimum of five volunteers; ideally at least 6 people so that we can have an alternate in case a position is vacant.

Section X of the Corpora discusses the BOD and duties.

To declare:
a. Only voting members may hold a seat on the Board of Directors.
i. Voting membership must be maintained in order to remain on the Board.
b. Candidates must announce their candidacy publicly and in writing to the Prime Minister at least one
(1) week prior to the election.
c. All candidates must be eighteen (18) years or older.
d. All Candidates must qualify with a simple majority confidence/no confidence vote.
e. The winners of the election will be the five (5) people who pass a simple confidence vote with the
highest number of confidence votes, with the 6th person reserved as the alternate member.

What is required?

Be available for a meeting once monthly; normally meetings are held online. Historically we used Ventrillo; recent technical issues mean we've used Skype more recently. Google hangouts has certain useful options (like publishing a recording to youtube, making meetings more accessible). All of which means... you need, via smart phone or computer, the ability to participate in online meetings. I saw once monthly, the reality is that many months there is no business requiring a meeting.

Be able to deal with bureaucracy. The treasurer of the BOD files the paperwork to the IRS, tax board, secretary of state that keeps us a legal entity. Members of the BOD discuss boring stuff like insurance and liability coverage for events - then sign their name to those documents. The BOD reviews the land audits to try to make sure things are going ok (like, no strange cults arising, or funds disappearing)
ravenb

Re: BOD declarations for WM 2017 BOD

Postby Fiks » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:12 pm

I hereby declare my intention to run for another term on the Westmarch Board of Directors. This past year I served as the Board's President, and I have served on many more previous year's Boards. It's a distinct honor and my pleasure to volunteer on the Board and to do what I can to ensure the company behind the Kingdom runs smoothly.
"How harmful overspecialization is. It cuts knowledge at a million points and leaves it bleeding."—Hari Seldon
Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brotha', I hurt people. Bonk!
Fiks

Postby ravenb » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:44 pm

I will also declare my intent to run for another term. I have served on the WM BOD for the past year as Secretary. I have valued the knowledge about the Corpora and the function of WM I have gained, and would love to serve another term.
Sincerely, Raven Lunatic
ravenb

Postby SirEuric » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:51 pm

I also declare my intent to run for Westmarch B.O.D. I have been in almost every Westmarch BOD, until this last year because I thought we were moving away. I have already passed reeve and corpora test.
Sir Euric Bloodstone
SirEuric

Postby sirnakita » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:51 am

I will also declare for the BOD. I have been on the BOD for several terms.
sirnakita

Postby Collin the Red » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:55 am

I declare for the Westmarch 2017 BoD. (if this missed a deadline I understand)
Baron Collin MacAbee current King of Westmarch
Squire to Sir Smiley
Collin the Red

Postby Ka'a Acklie » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:41 pm

As posted to the Facebook group yesterday at 9:40am, and confirmed by both Laoric and Clenawe:

I've been debating on it, and after seeing we only have 4 people running for BoD I'll put my name in to run for a seat. Please let me know if I need to do anything further at this time to run. Thank you. - Frú Squire Ka'a
Fru Squire Ka'a F Acklie

Ego Sum Finis
Ka'a Acklie

Postby Dratz » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:58 am

I, Lord Dratz, Baron of Wyvern's Spur, am willing to join the BoD if there is a spot open. Thanks.
Dratz

Return to Important Westmarch Issues