Queen's Action Plan, Phase One: Hail Hydra!

Forum for info about WM Althings, elections, questions about the Kingdom, etc.

Queen's Action Plan, Phase One: Hail Hydra!

Postby bill the nun » Sun May 07, 2017 6:25 pm

Greetings populace of Westmarch!

I am humbled by the opportunity to lead you into greater things; I can’t wait to see what we can accomplish together!

I noticed while poking around on the ORK that there are some specific award discrepancies. Understandably these things do happen; I know I was asked to fix a fair share of issues when I last served as Prime Minister of Crimsonwood. This inspired an idea for the first movement toward the Pay it Forward theme of the reign—award reconciliations. I know this can sound daunting, but I have every confidence in our lands to at minimum to correct Hydra awards. Hydras are really the only black and white award that specifies an exact way to earn one; furthermore most of these can be easily identified by going through the audit history to see what monarchy qualified for office. I firmly believe that recognition for all your hard work and the time you devote to your land as well as fellow amtgarders is an important aspect of the game to encourage personal growth and maintain relationships (or make new ones).

As such, I request of all lands to go through their records and award any due hydras from at least the past 3 years (6 reigns). If you find other awards that are out of place, I encourage you of course to reconcile this as well, but the required resolution will be hydras for now. I would like to know the following data on your quest:

1) How many hydras should have been awarded (who qualified for office, etc)
2) How many hydras were actually awarded (what was your original success rate for awards)
3) How many were corrected (how many did you find, and how awesome do you feel now)
4) Did you find any additional information that was corrected? Did you find this exercise encouraging to your populace? If you were 100% correct, did you do anything to thank your monarchy for doing such an amazing job?

The deadline for this task will be Kingdom midreign (at the moment TBD). If any land needs assistance, they are welcome to reach out to me personally and I will do my best to help. If I cannot help adequately, I will help you get in contact with the right person for the job. If you find a hydra that you are due that you cannot award yourself (current monarchy) please reach out to me personally so that I can make sure that it is corrected at midreign.

Our kingdom Prime Minister Laoric and I will be working together to double check that lands have followed through with this task. If for some reason the monarchy does not comply locally, I will see to it that the populace still receives what they are due.

This is meant to be a team-building exercise—encourage our populace to participate in helping with this task, it doesn’t need to be a task specifically for the monarchy. Support one another and game plan!

I will also be lobbying for a discussion topic to amend the corpora to include defining a task of the individual that runs an A+S event where hydras can be earned, that there is a list of hydra qualified persons passed along to the monarchy as such so that this issue will be eliminated from future reigns.

Good luck, and hail those hydras!

<3
~Queen B
bill the nun

Re: Queen's Action Plan, Phase One: Hail Hydra!

Postby Collin the Red » Sun May 28, 2017 8:31 am

Thor's Refuge Results:

1) How many hydras should have been awarded (who qualified for office, etc)

2) How many hydras were actually awarded (what was your original success rate for awards)
34 aka 72% so a "C"

3) How many were corrected (how many did you find, and how awesome do you feel now)
10 plus 3 current reign 3 pending end of suspensions and 3 Kingdom will be issuing.

4) Did you find any additional information that was corrected? Did you find this exercise encouraging to your populace? If you were 100% correct, did you do anything to thank your monarchy for doing such an amazing job?
Yes. We will find out today as we present these long over due awards. Some monarchies were on it, others were not. I think this will have future monarchies on notice to recognize efforts when it happens, and not rely on 3rd party requests to give awards.
Baron Collin MacAbee current King of Westmarch
Squire to Sir Smiley
Collin the Red

Return to Important Westmarch Issues