Declarations!

Forum for info about WM Althings, elections, questions about the Kingdom, etc.

Declarations!

Postby Azus » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:53 pm

What time of year is it? Declarations time!

Winter reign is coming up, and it's time to organize our declarations for who will run this fine Kingdom!

Please post in the caamtgard or the facebookthread.

Declarations started early this time, with a bid for king; I request that all who declared already to do so again, in one of these two threads, to consolidate our declarations. Also, please give a brief overview of what you hope to do, especially our regents as last I looked we had three declarations - wow!

Open positions are:
King/Queen
Regent
Champion
GMR

Declarations are due Sunday November 5th
Crown Quals are November 12th, details to be announced by Thor's Refuge
Coronation is November 25th at Mistyvale

Please try to keep these threads focused on declarations. thanks!
Azus

Re: Declarations!

Postby deimos » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:55 pm

Well, I do declare for the office of King (Emperor) of Westmarch
Deimos
GMR of SSD
deimos

Re: Declarations!

Postby ravenb » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:42 pm

Greetings from the Lady Lunatic! It seems that this L5R reign theme is quite popular!!! So much so that many have already begun thinking and planning. And declaring. In that context I am declaring my intent to run for WM Regent for the next reign. Here is a vaguely specific description of what I intend to do and achieve if elected as WM Regent.
The Arts and Sciences Competition that I started Winter Reign 2017 has been successful. The modifications made to the scoring, as well as having themes, was a great idea! So I will continue that with the same scoring system (thank you Kalevra). Since this is so early, and all we know is that Winter is coming, I will just say that, in general, I will continue the themed series incorporating the L5R Clans. Which means that the themes will include the Major Clans of Dragon, Scorpion, Lion, Mantis, Crab, Crane, Spider, Phoenix, and Unicorn. Minor Clans will be included TBD. May have to double-up on the themes? And we will try to hold each monthly contest at the land(s) whose Clan is part of the theme, to encourage travel and connection between the lands within Westmarch. In the initial contests, all categories will be considered, except for Rose.
The last competition will be a bit different, open to all Clan’s identities. However, the category will be (only) Rose. All entries of the final competition will need to be unique, individual work, of the Reign theme, and provide a significant benefit to your local land, or WM as a Kingdom. The intent is to provide consistency between reigns with the “Pay It Forward” theme of the Summer 2017 reign.
I will also encourage “apprentice” judge training, and also feast-o-crat apprentices to help provide the Midreign and Coronation feasts. I anticipate the opportunity to serve Westmarch as Regent again.
ravenb

Return to Important Westmarch Issues