Board of Directors 2018 Declarations!

Forum for info about WM Althings, elections, questions about the Kingdom, etc.

Board of Directors 2018 Declarations!

Postby Azus » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:14 am

We need to get declarations for Westmarch's Board of Directors! We need a minimum of five volunteers; ideally at least 6 people so that we can have an alternate in case a position is vacant. Please declare by midnight Friday Dec 29th. Elections to happen Jan6-7.

Section X of the Corpora discusses the BOD and duties.

To declare:
a. Only voting members may hold a seat on the Board of Directors.
i. Voting membership must be maintained in order to remain on the Board.
b. Candidates must announce their candidacy publicly and in writing to the Prime Minister at least one
(1) week prior to the election.
c. All candidates must be eighteen (18) years or older.
d. All Candidates must qualify with a simple majority confidence/no confidence vote.
e. The winners of the election will be the five (5) people who pass a simple confidence vote with the
highest number of confidence votes, with the 6th person reserved as the alternate member.

What is required?

Be available for a meeting once monthly; normally meetings are held online. Recently we have been using Google Hangouts, make sure you have (or create) a google account. Google hangouts will likely be used in the future.

Be able to deal with bureaucracy. The treasurer of the BOD files the paperwork to the IRS, tax board, secretary of state that keeps us a legal entity. Members of the BOD discuss boring stuff like insurance and liability coverage for events - then sign their name to those documents. The BOD reviews the land audits to try to make sure things are going ok (like, no strange cults arising, or funds disappearing)

Please reply on my declarations threads in CAAmtgard or Facebook (I prefer not hunting down half a dozen posts with various declarations!)
Azus

Re: Board of Directors 2018 Declarations!

Postby ravenb » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:41 am

I will be declaring for a seat on the BOD for the coming year as an incumbent. I have served on the WM BOD for the last two years, and have held both the Secretary and Liaison positions. This has been a rewarding and fun way to serve WM, and has allowed me to hone my note-taking skills, and learn to spell "liaison" correctly. I also meet all of the requirements, and MORE!! So Please-vote for me!! The sometimes not-so-humble, Lady Raven Lunatic at your service
ravenb

Postby Fiks » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:01 pm

If it would please the people of the Kingdom, I would be honored to serve for another year on the Board. I have been the President of the Board for the past two years, may my labors please you all. I have also served for many years off and on before that as Secretary, Treasurer, and I think even Vice-President once? Or maybe it was Liason. Regardless, in my duties as President I have been setting up and running the meetings from both the "back stage" technology and the "stage center" of acting chair. I would be honored and happy to continue the former at least to keep the meetings running smoothly and allowing any who wish a chance to watch the meetings live.
"How harmful overspecialization is. It cuts knowledge at a million points and leaves it bleeding."—Hari Seldon
Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brotha', I hurt people. Bonk!
Fiks

Postby Collin the Red » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:25 pm

I am declaring for the 2018 Westmarch Board of Directors.
Baron Collin MacAbee current King of Westmarch
Squire to Sir Smiley
Collin the Red

Return to Important Westmarch Issues