Westmarch corpora change

Forum for info about WM Althings, elections, questions about the Kingdom, etc.

Westmarch corpora change

Postby Xiaho » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:10 pm

I would like to propose a change to the corpora, as follows:

Section 4. KNIGHTHOOD
1. Candidates for knighthood must have achieved the criteria listed for that knighthood and have the approval of the Westmarch Circle of Knights.

I would like to remove this language from the corpora: “and have the approval of the Westmarch Circle of Knights.”

I think this line gives too few people too much power, in the knighting process and the language is mostly used to keep people from achieving their goals.

I would like to start the discussions now and vote on this topic in July.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GMR of Westmarch
Xiaho

Re: Westmarch corpora change

Postby ElSpeth Sharrisselva » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:13 am

As previously stated multiple times, this will not be added to the althing agenda.
ElSpeth Sharrisselva

Postby Xiaho » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:51 pm

Respectfully there is nothing in the corpora that grants the monarch the power to deny a vote on issues that were raised by the populace, the only express power that is given to the monarch is the ability to cancel an Althing, and to establish the rules of order of the Althing.

If a vote is not held this could be seen as a dereliction of duty, and it would not be unwarranted to levy impeachment on the offending monarch.

I also find this method of handling the situation to be the antithesis of what knighthood is supposed to represent. Knights should be the stewards of the game and should be actively working to include all voices, and to apply the rules fairly to all of the populace as well as grow the current and future leadership in the game. The monarch is not elected to deny other people the right or ability to bring about changes to the game, regardless of your feelings on the proposed changes.

This attitude reflects very poorly on the current monarch CoK and further proves that the CoK is interested more in excluding people from its ranks, than bringing people in and growing the leadership core of the game.

If this issue cannot be dealt with In a fair and appropriate way as laid out in the corpora, I will be reaching out to Amtgard Inc as well as the circle of monarchs, for guidance on the issue and will be collecting signatures to levy impeachment against the monarch.

As per the corpora any impeachment that is legitimately presented can’t be ignored by the monarch.

This should have been a fairly straightforward affair, with the populace being given a chance to both voice there opinions as well as hold a vote to change the corpora. I find it extremely disappointing that the discussion has come to this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GMR of Westmarch
Xiaho

Postby Azus » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:30 am

Well shitballs on a dragon's ass. Facebook is a horrible platform for a lot of what we do, and yet that's where the vast majority of the conversation is happening.

Here's an update:
So next month we vote on an important topic which can change the direction Westmarch is heading. I'd like to start a discussion on this topic.

The topic is changing the vote for knighthood from a super majority (66%) to a simple majority (51%) or in the case of a tie, the GMK breaks the tie.

I've heard a lot of good arguments for loosening the reigns on knighthood in Westmarch, but I would like to hear from anyone who is actually against this idea. Hearing from opposing viewpoints can be healthy in that it may change our views or allow us to properly vote on a topic to the best of our ability and knowledge.

As always, keep this post civil, orderly, and informative of ones views and why they think or they don't think such a change is warranted.

Later one, I might see about snagging several threads worth of conversation to post here, to keep you (and any others who stay off Facebook) in the loop.

Hm. Personal thought. Not sure the Monarch has to bring every suggestion to althing vote. This one is an important one; there can also be stupid suggestions that are better blocked. And some that need wait. And ill fate awakes the monarch who doesn't bring to vote a topic of great concern to the populace...
Azus

Postby Ubrik » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:44 pm

I dont have a particular opinion on the COK voting threshold question but I did want to echo the sentiment that Elspeth's rule seems to be heavy handed and opaque.
I also just wanted to participate and encourage use of the forum.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
Ubrik

Return to Important Westmarch Issues