New CoC Ban item (2019)

Forum for info about WM Althings, elections, questions about the Kingdom, etc.

New CoC Ban item (2019)

Postby ElSpeth Sharrisselva » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:52 pm

Good evening everyone,
I know there’s a lot of anticipation with the latest of the issues and changes addressed by the International Circle of Monarchs this past weekend at Gathering of the Clans. After a seven hour meeting, there is much to discuss. I don’t want to info dump on you with all of it at once, especially since two items are of the utmost importance. I will bring up each separately, a few days apart, so the conversations for each are in the same thread and don’t drown each other out. Does that make sense? After those are completed, we’ll start discussing the rest.

I do ask for your patience because all of these changes mean we all will be up to our necks in implementing them. The awards stuff simply cannot be taken care of in a day. It WILL be taken care of but on the timeline of myself and my PM alone. We both have full time jobs and other commitments to work around. Pestering us will only slow us down so please don’t. Thanks.

So, first item:
This is a serious subject we MUST make clear to every member. We have a new CoC violation. Amtgard wide, all bans of this type will be honored across all lands and events. It is also a no tolerance policy. Obviously an emergency would be an exception since this whole thing is about keeping people safe.

This violation concerns any adult repeatedly spending time alone with a minor who is not their child/ward. Never be alone one-on-one with someone under the age of 18. Bring along a second person. Please refer to the 4 Basic Principles for Adults working with Youth in Amtgard document I put in the Westmarch Facebook files section for more definition. I will include a link to that at the bottom of this message. It is also posted on the 2019 ICoM agenda items post on this forum.

The verbiage of the banable offense will be clarified, hopefully in the next couple of weeks. It also applies to one-on-one conversations online, text, IM, and any other social media. There should always be a second adult in-person and online. Just add their parent or another adult to your reply. It is also acceptable for two minors and one adult to fulfill the extra person in the conversation or situation. Just don't be with a minor alone.

Okay youth of Amtgard…we DO want you to come out and play Amtgard. We want you to learn to make your own weapons and swords. We want to laugh and have fun. We also want it to be the safest place for every single member, no matter what their age. For you, we say NEVER be alone one-on-one with an adult who is not your parent/guardian.

Everyone: if you see something which looks sketchy, say something…to parents or monarchy. I don’t mean gossip; I mean putting someone on our radar so we can prevent someone from getting hurt.

All our monarchs will be addressing this at the park. Please join in on the conversation. Talk about it to members who aren’t out this weekend. It is imperative that everyone is aware. I don't want to see someone get banned because they "didn't know".

Thank you.
ElSpetshepsuth

https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/Best%2 ... CPlQsuClNG
ElSpeth Sharrisselva

Return to Important Westmarch Issues