The New Orders of the Crown

Forum for info about WM Althings, elections, questions about the Kingdom, etc.

The New Orders of the Crown

Postby ElSpeth Sharrisselva » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:45 pm

[attachment=0]introducing orders of the crown.pdf[/attachment]

Good afternoon everyone,
This post has two important elements so please read it all the way through.
It’s time for the next item to bring up which was voted in by the International Circle of Monarchs this past Gathering of the Clans. This one is the new Order of the Crown.

The explanation is this: Orders of the Crown replace crown points. Lions will now be for outstanding service OUTSIDE of office while Orders of the Crown are for outstanding service WHILE HOLDING an office. It IS a ladder award which applies to all offices and all land levels. For Westmarch that means monarch, regent, GMR, champion, and PM of any land size can earn a Crown order. Anything else falls under a Lion.

We have a ton of updating to do before we can do a true conversion from the old crown points to Orders of the Crown. This is why we’ve asked you to get with your local PM and update your ORK records. Because we have so many years and so many people to go through, we will only be looking at the ORK. This means it’s imperative for you to take action to make sure your ORK records are up-to-date by August 11th. We won’t have the time to search Amtwiki or any other place for information on your offices held. Fenra leaves office at Midreign in less than a month; the plan is to hand out the first round of these Orders of the Crown at Midreign.

I am uploading a chart, adopted by the International Circle of Monarchs, on how to best award Orders of the Crown. We will be using this guideline as we proceed with determining these first Orders of the Crown.

ORDER OF THE CROWN
The Circle of Monarchs voted in favor of creating the “Order of the Crown” award path to replace the “Crown Point System”.

What does this mean?
The Crown Path of Knighthood now works like the other three paths, players must earn their 10th level Order of the Crown to then be [b]eligible[/b] for a Crown Masterhood. Masterhood must be awarded before being [b]eligible[/b] for consideration for Knighthood. 10th level orders are not a guaranteed Masterhood; nor is a Masterhood a guaranteed Knighthood. Each rung on the ladder must be accomplished separately.

Examples of Orders of the Crown:
A first level Order of the Crown might be for serving as a Shire Prime Minister and keeping all necessary records up to date. A tenth Order of the Crown might be awarded for serving as kingdom monarch and encouraging their kingdom in such a way as to promote new player growth.

Now, for the second part of my post here. It’s been suggested that we must reconsider our Corpora Core Lands designations. This is to open up the ability for a Crown Masterhood, and possible subsequent, Crown Knighthood to members who serve in office but live in non core lands. Our current corpora restricts them from ever holding kingdom office and, therefore, blocks any ability to earn higher Crown orders.

I am hereby organizing a Corpora Revision Committee, consisting of five (5) members. The first of which is the sitting monarch. The other four are elected positions. This committee is tasked with two items: first, to revise Westmarch’s Corpora to include any and all changes voted in since the last edition was released. Second, to remove all verbiage regarding core land designations. This will also result in additional changes with regards to items such as the kingdom Crown Qualification rotation schedule. This committee is given a six (6) month deadline to incorporate these changes and submit the revised corpora for a kingdomwide althing vote for adoption. The idea is to end up with a clean, updated Corpora to move forward with.

These four positions will be voted upon on August 17-18 at the same time Kingdom PM elections take place. Declarations must be in to GMR Po by August 11th . The winning seats will be announced and the committee begins work at Westmarch Midreign on August 25th.

Things are changing, folks. Now’s the time to be involved in Westmarch’s future. I urge you to hold office (and do it effectively), serve on this committee, or fundraise to your heart’s content. There are many places where a single person can contribute to the whole of our kingdom. Change like this is scary as heck but also exciting!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ElSpeth Sharrisselva

Update on The New Orders of the Crown

Postby ElSpeth Sharrisselva » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:34 am

Good Morning Westmarch,
I come to you today to give an update on these Orders of the Crown. I planned to give the first round orders out today, with a second round at Feast of Odin, and a third round at Coronation. However, this is a massive process. Perhaps my goal of getting them out to you all this quickly was naïve. They simply aren’t ready yet.

Both Fenra and I have put in a lot of late nights. I didn’t want to divy up the work among many hands (more hands=more chance for errors) but instead relied on players, PM’s, and land monarchy to see to updating records and sharing information. Most have come through and I thank you for that. It has helped tremendously.

I want to share some information on the process so you know how this is going. Fenra pulled monarchy lists from land audits back to when Westmarch first started. Unfortunately, we don’t have a clean resource for information on the lands which existed prior to the formation of Westmarch. Some audits went to Dragonspine back then; some lands were under Burning Lands who did not require audits at that time. When caamtgard was put into play, the individual land message boards and email lists were taken down.

I went in search of players who held offices in other kingdoms. So far, only one Westmarch land hasn’t gotten back to me. I also began going through the ORK.

The information Fenra produced gave me 1400 line items to go over. (1400 line items, not 1400 players…some held multiple offices and each is a line item). I’ve reduced that to a little over 900 by moving off members who were permanently banned, play elsewhere now, or haven’t been active in over five years. Now, of that remaining number, I’m looking each player up on the ORC to determine offices prior to the formation of Westmarch. I’m about half way through the list.

I want to close by saying, “Thank you” for your patience with this process. It will still be messy for a while but we’re working on it as best we can. I have full confidence Clenawe will step in where Fenra has been rock solid.

I am including a pdf of the criteria we’re using to determine Orders of the Crown. Each kingdom was left to interpret it as they will. There were a couple of charts floating around I hoped to use but they weren’t as helpful as I wanted. So, this is what I’m using. Thank you again for your patience.

ElSpeth
[attachment=0]Criteria for determining OoC.pdf[/attachment]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ElSpeth Sharrisselva

Return to Important Westmarch Issues