Oh Hay Gaise

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Siar Geata

Moderators: LucasTheLost, Scoot, Scorch Flamedancer

Oh Hay Gaise

Postby Xeno » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:45 am

Xeno here,

In an effort to pick back up the dying Sunset Cliffs, I'm going to be experimenting with a bunch of different parks in the area to see what kind of walk up attendance we can get. Therefore, for the next few weekends I'll be posting some fluctuating start times and locations over in the Sunset Cliffs forums. If any of you guys feel like getting in double the fighter practice, or seeing new parks, we'd love to see you, even for only 30 minutes. This weekend I'll be at Brengle Terrace Park in Vista, from 11:30am to 3pm, on Saturday, March 9th. I understand that this time conflicts with Siar Geata start time, and naturally I don't want you guys to ditch your own park. BUT on the off chance a few of you are super pumped about amtgard and want to come from like 11:30 to 1pm before heading to your place, I'll have a group of about 6-10 people just hanging out. Brengal Terrace is only about 20 minutes from Poinsettia Park, according to google maps. I'd wager it doesn't take THAT much time, but whatever. Anyway this is by no means a permanent location or start time, we'll just be roaming until we find a place we like. If anyone is interested, or wants a heads up on where that crazy Xeno will be setting up park next, I'll be over in the Sunset Cliffs forum. Again, my intent is not to conflict with Siar Geata; the time this weekend and the fact that it's on a Saturday were just what everyone had available. Later guys.
Xeno Masaki
Official GM of Megalodons
Xeno

Re: Oh Hay Gaise

Postby Randy » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:01 am

I'm confused your going to run sunset cliffs the defunct san diego park from vista where SG has relocated, in an effort to rekindle sunset cliffs?
Randy

Postby Scoot » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:54 am

Makes loads of sense, doesn't it? Moving the southern-most park, which was located southerly so that it could draw all the southerners, to a location more northerly than SG? And then posting about it in the SG forum, rather than the SC one? Is this all because I called you out for improper weapons construction during a weapons check and told you to re-build them?

I wasn't gonna respond, but now I'm curious about Land Contracts and if they designate a city/location.
"Any attack on this monarchy would be useless. The Corpora is the ultimate power in the universe.
"The Corpora is insignificant next to the power of the Althing."
Scoot

Postby Scorch Flamedancer » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:28 pm

I think it doesn't matter where he sets up in the early process of reopening a park, and that's it's what he said, experimental.
My body is my sword, my mind is my blade. Without them, I would be nothing.
Scorch Flamedancer

Postby Xeno » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:26 pm

Nah bros, I ain't out to hate on your park. Its like I said, I'm just experimenting with different places. Remember when we used to get 30+ people in escondido? That was rad. I figure in order to get numbers like that again, we need kids. Some of you bros don't like playing with kids, and I understand that. But right now, I'm experimenting with parks close to schools. Try to get walk ups. Poinsettia Park? Great place, but its a bit hidden.
Now, like I said, I'm going to be trying several different parks on several different saturdays/sundays over the next few weeks. I'll probably do a few south. The idea is to get walk ups, more people. The good news? If I DO get walk ups in vista, I can send them your way while I'm moving around doin' my thing. The idea of posting here was under the assumption that you guys don't care where your playing as much as the people you're playing with. A weekend spent at a different park might net you five or six players. Didn't mean to pull up so much hostility.

Edit: Alright gents, lets take a quick jaunt over to the SC forums if we're still interested in this. I tried to clear a few things up.
Xeno Masaki
Official GM of Megalodons
Xeno

Postby Lady Tamara » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:23 pm

Wife to Collin the Red
http://www.meetup.com/amtgard-sacramento
Tamara on the AmtWiki
O.R.K.
Facebook
Woman at Arms to Sir Francis of Ravensholm
Lady Tamara

Postby blackbirdjsps » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:52 pm

Were is everyone ... I am on the hill overlooking the baseball diamond.
blackbirdjsps

Postby Lady Tamara » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:32 pm

Their Facebook page says they meet at two....
Wife to Collin the Red
http://www.meetup.com/amtgard-sacramento
Tamara on the AmtWiki
O.R.K.
Facebook
Woman at Arms to Sir Francis of Ravensholm
Lady Tamara

Return to Duchy of Siar Geata - Oceanside, CA