Food Fight

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Siar Geata

Moderators: LucasTheLost, Scoot, Scorch Flamedancer

Food Fight

Postby Scorch Flamedancer » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:29 pm

So Fuzzy and I are going to put on the food fight. For those of you who don't know, its an Amtgard wide food drive for the whole of September. We're partnering with the North County Food Bank in San Marcos, so all the proceeds will go to helping our local community. At the moment Fuzzy and I are putting together some prizes for a dollar tourny and a raffle. any other ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
My body is my sword, my mind is my blade. Without them, I would be nothing.
Scorch Flamedancer

Re: Food Fight

Postby Lady Tamara » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:03 am

Please be sure to view the food fight videos on YouTube. There are tons of great ideas there!!
Wife to Collin the Red
http://www.meetup.com/amtgard-sacramento
Tamara on the AmtWiki
O.R.K.
Facebook
Woman at Arms to Sir Francis of Ravensholm
Lady Tamara

Postby Ka'a Acklie » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:23 pm

Also, please let me know if you're land would like to join the Westmarch Raffle! https://www.facebook.com/events/187914501387128/
Fru Squire Ka'a F Acklie

Ego Sum Finis
Ka'a Acklie

Postby Scorch Flamedancer » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:32 am

Ok so September is officially here, and we are going to be starting the Food Fight for Siar Geata. Our first event is going to be this weekend, so the 7th. I'll keep everyone posted.
Scorch Flamedancer

Postby Scorch Flamedancer » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:29 pm

This Saturday will be the dollar tournament commencing the start of Siar Geata's Amtgard Food Fight! It's $1 to enter, and if you lose and want to continue to fight, is $1 more. The winner of the tournament will receive an Amtgard and Belagarth legal flat blade.

All the money earned will be going directly to the North County Food bank to be helping homeless and hungry in our local community. Every dollar has the spending power of five through the food bank through discounts given to the organization.

Join us as Amtgard fights hunger!
Scorch Flamedancer

Postby Randy » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:50 am

Great tournament and we were able to raise a little over $100! Woot! Grats to Sir Deimos for placing first and thanks for visiting!
Randy

Postby Scorch Flamedancer » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:19 pm

This Saturday will be a second Dollar Tourny! Instead of $1 (or can of food) per life, it's per arrows. Shoot at the target (a kind volunteer in full armor with a tower shield) as much as you like. If you run out of arrows, feel free to buy more. If you don't have a bow or arrows, we will gladly lend some to you. The prize will be a plastidiped buckler.

All the money earned will be going directly to the North County Food bank to be helping homeless and hungry in our local community. Every dollar has the spending power of five through the food bank with discounts given to the organization.

We raised $117 in cash yesterday, and about 10 cans of food. Let's keep it up guys!
Scorch Flamedancer

Postby deimos » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:44 pm

Thanks to all of SG for letting me come visit and play with you guys. It was nice to meet the new faces (can't believe I haven't visited since Monster Mash!) and see some familiar ones that have been way too scarce. You've got a fun group of Amtgarders out there and I hope to visit much more often.

Northerners don't know what they're missing!
Deimos
GMR of SSD
deimos

Postby Rose » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:25 am

I had a ;ot of fun with the archer tourney, even if I did place third. :P
Far dearer the grave or the prision illumed by one patriot name,
then the trophies of all who have risen on liberty's ruin to fame!
(Forget no the field, Thomas Moore)
Rose

Postby Scorch Flamedancer » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:34 pm

Alrighty, so yesterday's archery tourny earned an extra $50 towards the Food Fight putting us at $167 in total. Next week we'll be doing a Pie Face Contest! Pay money towards a member of the group to get a pie in the face! Mawahahaha!! If a person has "won" the contest and doesn't want a pie in the face, they can pay the amount put towards their name to cancel it out. Say someone paid $50 towards Scoot getting pie-face'd and he didn't want to, he can pay another $50 to make it go away, so then Fuzzy will have to take a pie to the face with $45 to his name.

The pie will be simple whipped cream in a pie tin, unless someone wants to donate a specific pie for the cause. (Towels will be provided for the victim to wipe their face afterwards.)

Keep it up guys!
Scorch Flamedancer

Return to Duchy of Siar Geata - Oceanside, CA