Fair

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Siar Geata

Moderators: LucasTheLost, Scoot, Scorch Flamedancer

Fair

Postby Rose » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:19 am

Hi,

Angel is busy so I told her I would help her out with fair prep,
so.....

There will be a fair meeting on the 21rst of this month, I.E. Next Saturday. If you are planning to come to fair, please either attend the meeting or state here that you are going to be unable to attend the meeting. (This is a preliminary numbers and ideas meeting. )

Over the week I will be coming up with a schedule for fair. IF there are any activities that you would like added to the schedule please post them here. Hopefully we should be able to come up with people for any special digs you guys want to do.

I will also be making a preliminary outline of job duties sign up sheet for people to review and see if they are ok with.

Lastly I will be coming up with a Fair Reeves test. (Note, this does not count as the official Reeves test for the rest of the park. Becoming fair qualified does not count as becoming normal Reeves quald. Anyone who wishes to attend fair must take this test. (even if you do not plan on fighting!)

We will have a 2nd more mandatory meeting on the 12th of next month. If you are attending fair and do not make that meeting, please have a very good reason why. I understand if you have to work and can not get out of it, or if there is a wedding or some over special really important event, but please don't tell me you just had to go paint balling, or needed to see this new movie. Fair is important to us as a group, but it can only run smoothly and be fun if everyone works together as a team on it. The difference between a fun fair and a horrible fair is not money, or supplies or garb. It is whether we pull together and act like what we are, the best damn ren fair group at the fair, or if we let petty differences pull us apart. The most important thing is, were all friends. I like you guys better than anyone else in my life. Sometimes we lose sight of the fact that what mostly has kept our park going is the bonds we share, the fact that all of us are friends who enjoy each others company. That's what pulls other people to us, and that's what keeps them coming back. Yesterday we had several walk ups, and the one thing every walk up left saying was , "You guys are really cool to hang out with."

I'm sorry if I'm going off on a tangent but I couldn't agree more. That is our greatest strength, the fact that not one single member of our park is a douch in it for their own pride or talent. I am honored to call all of you my friends and there is not a single member of our park I would dislike hanging out with outside of the park. I don't know how we got so lucky, but I am very glad we did.

So yeah, meeting on the 12th.

Thorn'
Far dearer the grave or the prision illumed by one patriot name,
then the trophies of all who have risen on liberty's ruin to fame!
(Forget no the field, Thomas Moore)
Rose

Re: Fair

Postby Angel » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:53 pm

Thank you for your help, Rose! I look forward to seeing what you come up with on Saturday! This is going to be a great faire!
“We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.”

(Hindu Prince Gautama Siddharta, the founder of Buddhism, 563-483 B.C.)
Angel

Return to Duchy of Siar Geata - Oceanside, CA