Fall Faire 2013

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Siar Geata

Moderators: LucasTheLost, Scoot, Scorch Flamedancer

Fall Faire 2013

Postby Angel » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:47 pm

Time for the Renaissance faire again! Rose has already been kind enough to help me out by send out the first faire message of the season. As stated she will be putting together a preliminary schedule, that she and I will go over and then propose to the group at the first faire meeting this Saturday.

The only real rules are that if you do decide to come, please expect to spend some time working (Be it the field, procession, or front gate.) Same as last time, I want to concentrate on recruiting and building our involvement with the entire faire. Remember the more people we have come and help out, the more fun we can all have.

We will have two faire meetings, the first is this Saturday, September 21st and the second is Saturday, October 12. The second faire meeting is mandatory. If you have work or an unbreakable engagement, I understand, but please let me know ahead of time so I can discuss the meetings agenda with you separately.

Underage Rules: If you are under 18 your parent or a legal guardian (with signed permission by parent) must be on faire grounds with you at all times (you don't have to be together, but they must be on the premises); No one under 18 can stay a night without a parent or legal guardian there with them at all times (sorry guys just for safety reasons); If you're under the age of 21 there is no drinking alcohol on faire premises (this means the whole park). Sorry guys but this will be strictly enforced.

Please PM me or text me if you would like to be on the gate list. I need to know your full name, persona, and what days you will be able to be there. This last one is especially important so we can have a head count on who to count on for what day. Also if you are under 18, I need your age and who your guardian is going to be. I need to have everyone's names by 10/15/13.

The Dates of faire is October 26th, October 27th, November 2nd, and November 3rd. Set up will be Friday, October 25th (info for setup will be discussed at the faire meeting).

I'm looking forward to another amazing season with an amazing group of people, who, as Rose put it so wonderfully, who we are lucky to call our friends!
“We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.”

(Hindu Prince Gautama Siddharta, the founder of Buddhism, 563-483 B.C.)
Angel

Re: Fall Faire 2013

Postby Beboman » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:04 pm

is this a big amtgard event? like battlegames and such?
Please visit the Crimson Sanctum website here, wiki here, and ORK here.
Beboman

Postby Scorch Flamedancer » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:05 pm

It's not an Amtgard event sadly, it's just the local Renaissance faire. So it's got a bit of everything. Pirate guilds, SCA groups, live steel fighters, historical reps, vendors etc. Come out for the meetings and help us out there like Angel said and we can get you on the gate list.
My body is my sword, my mind is my blade. Without them, I would be nothing.
Scorch Flamedancer

Postby Angel » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:04 am

Today's meeting will be held at 3pm. Hope to see everyone there!
“We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.”

(Hindu Prince Gautama Siddharta, the founder of Buddhism, 563-483 B.C.)
Angel

Return to Duchy of Siar Geata - Oceanside, CA