Help Restart Amtgard in LA

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Siar Geata

Moderators: LucasTheLost, Scoot, Scorch Flamedancer

Re: Help Restart Amtgard in LA

Postby Beboman » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:12 pm

so lets say i lived in one area for 2 weeks and another area for 2 weeks, i couldnt run both of them?
Please visit the Crimson Sanctum website here, wiki here, and ORK here.
Beboman

Postby Azus » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:24 pm

Hmmm.......

You can officially be in one office of one group at a time. Though, if a group lacks full officers, one person might wear a few hats.

I don't have the corpora in front of me, I doubt you can be official officer of one park and protem officer of another. Even if it's not explicitly stated you can't it's against the spirit of not holding more than one office at once.

However.... Shoot, if I stepped out of all office at Wyvern's Spur, some folks would still ask for thoughts on quests, daily games, safety, rules. And I know there's people out of official power in other lands who are seen as the defacto leaders. There are "Elder Statesmen" or whatever title you want to give; the Jimmy Carters of Amtgard, who weild political influence greater than the average joe, even though they hold no office at all. De Jure no you can't run two lands. De facto, you can unofficially run another as long as that the populaces permits you to, and providing you don't get yourself banned from Amtgard for shenanigans. Oh, and people do get banned from Amtgard for shenanigans.

Or, with the agreement of the populaces, you might have one land that meets in two different parks in different areas. Expect people to stare over your shoulder looking for shenanigans if you do that.

So, um.... by da book, no you can't. If you really want to, you might be able to.
Azus

Postby Scorch Flamedancer » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:39 pm

I wouldn't if I were you. Focus on growing one park, and then move on from there.
My body is my sword, my mind is my blade. Without them, I would be nothing.
Scorch Flamedancer

Postby Fiks » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:19 pm

What Karissa said. Getting one group going is hard enough, don't set yourself up for a failure by trying to do too much at once.
"How harmful overspecialization is. It cuts knowledge at a million points and leaves it bleeding."—Hari Seldon
Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brotha', I hurt people. Bonk!
Fiks

Postby Beboman » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:54 am

ok
Beboman

Postby dudexxzy » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:14 pm

Yep, Rosebowl isn't too far. I could make the drive. When? What time? Which park?
dudexxzy

Postby Beboman » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:05 am

its every Saturday and sunday, but let me know in advance, its normaly at 1 or so
Beboman

Previous

Return to Duchy of Siar Geata - Oceanside, CA