Newbie here

Discussion/Information about the Shire of Nymyr's Sanctum

Newbie here

Postby Synisterr » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:56 pm

Hey all, came by last Sunday with my son to watch some action. Interested in joining, have read some of the rules (skipped over all the magic), and making my weapon this week. Will most likely be there next sunday to test the waters and whatnot. Hope to talk to more of you then!

- Kraven (real name)
aka Kael
"Faugh a Ballaugh!"

"I'm part of the siege weapon."
Synisterr

Re: Newbie here

Postby Jangular » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:05 pm

if you were thinking about coming this upcoming sunday, I think a fair amount of people are going to be in Sacramento for an event, Tevas should know if there are going to be people at the field as I'm not sure if everyone will be in Sacramento, the weekend after I think should be a weekend as normal, don't quote me on that, I'm still pretty new too :p

Jangular

Postby Fiks » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:52 pm

You crazy AS kids planning on storming TR's dungeon?
"How harmful overspecialization is. It cuts knowledge at a million points and leaves it bleeding."—Hari Seldon
Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brotha', I hurt people. Bonk!
Fiks

Postby SirEuric » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:07 am

Other than the gas to come up, the dungeon is free. Come up Sunday and play in a haunted house with us, it should be a big day. A real dungeon crawl with monsters and everything.

Sir Euric
Proud Thorian
Sir Euric Bloodstone
SirEuric

Postby Tevas » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:28 am

Fiks wrote:You crazy AS kids planning on storming TR's dungeon?

We were told there would be punch and pie.

And I am unsure how many will be out for the normal day. Perhaps a few. We will certainly have our usual numbers the following Sunday (Nov 8th).
Tevas wrote:You will soon come to fear the Wrath of the Righteous.

Matt Larsen wrote:The defining characteristic of a warrior is the willingness to close with the enemy.

Ashen Spire wrote:I am part of the siege weapon.
Tevas

Postby Jangular » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:50 am

what is up with you crazy people up at 7 am checking the forums >_< that is just insane, 7 am is sleepy time :p

Jangular

Postby Azus » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:58 am

Synisterr wrote:... and making my weapon this week. Will most likely be there next sunday to test the waters and whatnot. Hope to talk to more of you then!

- Kraven (real name)

If I can offer a suggestion - most weapons I've checked made by new people are borderline or illegal. You might want to wait until you see a few, get a feel for how hard they are, talk to people one on one about what foam and how much tape, etc. Or if you want to make some, be ready to not use it and rebuild it later.

I assume Ashen Spire has a couple extras people would be willing to lend...
Azus

Postby Tevas » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:43 pm

We lend our new players MC.
Tevas wrote:You will soon come to fear the Wrath of the Righteous.

Matt Larsen wrote:The defining characteristic of a warrior is the willingness to close with the enemy.

Ashen Spire wrote:I am part of the siege weapon.
Tevas

Postby Aurel Von Slade » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:50 pm

Tevas wrote:We lend our new players MC.

There is much truth in this statement.
"Banana Check!"
Aurel Von Slade

Postby Synisterr » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:53 pm

MC? Checked the TR boards, that sounds like a lot of fun! I grew up in Sac, but don't think I'll be able to make a trip there this weekend. Azus - thx for the advice, I'm still gonna try to make my own for fun, but if it doesn't pass standards, I have no prob rebuilding it. Fiks - Thx for responding to my email, after I sent it I discovered this group. I live in SJ, so Ashen is closer, but I may make an appearance out there in SC at some point. *Edit* Still gonna try to show up on Sunday. Even if it's just a few people, I'll enjoy the practice.
aka Kael
"Faugh a Ballaugh!"

Synisterr

Postby Aurel Von Slade » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:58 pm

Synisterr wrote:MC? Checked the TR boards, that sounds like a lot of fun! I grew up in Sac, but don't think I'll be able to make a trip there this weekend. Azus - thx for the advice, I'm still gonna try to make my own for fun, but if it doesn't pass standards, I have no prob rebuilding it. Fiks - Thx for responding to my email, after I sent it I discovered this group. I live in SJ, so Ashen is closer, but I may make an appearance out there in SC at some point. *Edit* Still gonna try to show up on Sunday. Even if it's just a few people, I'll enjoy the practice.

MC stands for Microcell, if memory serves correctly. MC Swords are notorious for being highly durable and somewhat uncomfortable in comparison to regular swords (an understatement).
"Banana Check!"
Aurel Von Slade

Postby SirEuric » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:22 pm

Aurel Von Slade said
MC Swords are notorious for being highly durable and somewhat uncomfortable in comparison to regular swords (an understatement).

Which means until broken in they are slightly less firm than concrete but they do last a VERY long time. I am just not a fan.
Sir Euric Bloodstone
SirEuric

Postby Arthur_MacG » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:40 am

Synisterr wrote:Hey all, came by last Sunday with my son to watch some action. Interested in joining, have read some of the rules (skipped over all the magic), and making my weapon this week. Will most likely be there next sunday to test the waters and whatnot. Hope to talk to more of you then!

- Kraven (real name)

You're doing it right!

SirEuric wrote:Aurel Von Slade said
MC Swords are notorious for being highly durable and somewhat uncomfortable in comparison to regular swords (an understatement).

Which means until broken in they are slightly less firm than concrete but they do last a VERY long time. I am just not a fan.

I'm a big fan.
ImageImage
Recipient of 1st order of the "you funking suck"
Arthur_MacG
Intimidating Board Presence

Postby Gonzo » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:26 am

Arthur_MacG wrote:
I'm a big fan.

As am I and if you break them and then trim them down to about 24 inches they gain alot of fun value
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonzo_journalism

This is where the symbol from my avatar comes from but not my name (which was gotten from the Muppet/my last name)
Gonzo

Postby Jareth » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:07 pm

Synisterr wrote:MC? Checked the TR boards, that sounds like a lot of fun! I grew up in Sac, but don't think I'll be able to make a trip there this weekend. Azus - thx for the advice, I'm still gonna try to make my own for fun, but if it doesn't pass standards, I have no prob rebuilding it. Fiks - Thx for responding to my email, after I sent it I discovered this group. I live in SJ, so Ashen is closer, but I may make an appearance out there in SC at some point. *Edit* Still gonna try to show up on Sunday. Even if it's just a few people, I'll enjoy the practice.

Unfortunately no one is going to be able to make it so we are going to cancel for November 1st. We will be out in full force on November 8th though. I can guarantee that. I just posted in another thread we aren't going to meet this sunday the 1st. But we look forward to seeing you the next week :)
"Banana check!"

Part of the ~Brian Hive Mind~

"I don't think that's a good idea."
Jareth

Next

Return to Shire of Nymyr's Sanctum - Santa Clara, CA