Fighter Practice -UPDATED-

Discussion/Information about the Shire of Nymyr's Sanctum

Re: Fighter Practice -UPDATED-

Postby Yamamoto » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:35 am

Twice would be nice, but I do think that is pushing it a bit >_> Anyways, its just that today I decided to chill with my smash buddies today since I havent in like, forever. However, next week, Ill be sure to make it out & I hope Jangular and the others will be able to make it as well. In addition to Tim if he isnt being lazy.
Yamamoto

Postby Tevas » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:11 am

I bought a six pack of beer, ate a steak and watched Megan Fox being hot while robots blew each other up.
Tevas wrote:You will soon come to fear the Wrath of the Righteous.

Matt Larsen wrote:The defining characteristic of a warrior is the willingness to close with the enemy.

Ashen Spire wrote:I am part of the siege weapon.
Tevas

Postby Aurel Von Slade » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:39 pm

Tevas wrote:I bought a six pack of beer, ate a steak and watched Megan Fox being hot while robots blew each other up.

YEAH, WELL, WE HIT EACH OTHER WITH FOAM SWORDS! LIKE REAL MEN! :(
"I'm part of the siege weapon."
"Banana Check!"
Aurel Von Slade

Postby Chetare » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:05 pm

Tevas wrote:I bought a six pack of beer, ate a steak and watched Megan Fox being hot while robots blew each other up.

I'm not sure how this has any relevance to the topic whatsoever, but I'm jealous. And when is Megan Fox not being hot?
Jareth wrote:
tarsus wrote:Aren't we supposed to make some sort of human sacrifice now?

Let's be safe and do two. BRING OUT THE REBARDS.
Chetare

Postby Jangular » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:45 pm

Aurel Von Slade wrote:

YEAH, WELL, WE HIT EACH OTHER WITH FOAM SWORDS! LIKE REAL MEN! :(

I wanted to hit people with foam swords...but but had to go shopping for birthdays/christmas >_<

Jangular

Postby Jareth » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:09 am

Because Tevas is pointing out that he WASN'T waiting around for nobody to show up again. Additionally, I defy Yama to explain how twice a week is pushing it.
"Banana check!"

Part of the ~Brian Hive Mind~

"I don't think that's a good idea."
Jareth

Postby Fiks » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:01 pm

I'd hazard Yama said as much due to there only being three people at the last, once a week practice. Defy all you want, but maybe it would be prudent to challenge your peeps to show up to the once a week practice and up its numbers before challenging everyone to show up twice a week.
"How harmful overspecialization is. It cuts knowledge at a million points and leaves it bleeding."—Hari Seldon
Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brotha', I hurt people. Bonk!
Fiks

Postby Jareth » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:36 pm

Fiks wrote:I'd hazard Yama said as much due to there only being three people at the last, once a week practice. Defy all you want, but maybe it would be prudent to challenge your peeps to show up to the once a week practice and up its numbers before challenging everyone to show up twice a week.

Well played good sir. Well played.
"Banana check!"

Jareth

Postby Ranvier » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:50 am

I do not know what you guys are complaining about. 6 people at a weekly fighter practice is pretty good for the size of the shire. Plus at these practices you have more time to really try out some fun drills. Like 2-4 on 1-2. Also work on muscle memory drills (ask me at practice on Sunday if you do not know what this is). It is a great time to learn team work and fighting superior numbers. Change up the teams so everyone is comfortable with fighting with each other. This will make us a stronger shire.

Plus for the more experienced fighters, there is more time to help the newer members with their form and shot selection. Maybe have a theme for each fighter practice. Post here and talk about on the prior Sunday which technique you will work on at the next fighter practice, kind of like sword knight boot camp. Maybe even have people watch some of those videos before coming out and then work on those moves at practice. Build up the hype and not so much the you guys suck why did you not come out mentality.

Use your time well at these practices and have fun. If people have fun and learn, more and more people will show up as time goes on. I will try to make a couple at the end of December when I have time off from work.
I am part of the siege weapon.
Ranvier

Postby Chetare » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:03 pm

Yeah, I think showing up twice a week for fighter practice is quite taking it a little to the extreme right now. I know we're supposed to invade Concord and all, but still I think we should stick to one for now. Additionally, 6 people is fairly good considering the average amount of people that show up on Sundays. I'll be coming next week for fighter practice so that's one more person. I like Ranvier's idea on themes and muscle memory practices, it'd probably help a lot.
Last edited by Chetare on Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jareth wrote:
tarsus wrote:Aren't we supposed to make some sort of human sacrifice now?

Let's be safe and do two. BRING OUT THE REBARDS.
Chetare

Postby Jareth » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:36 pm

Just a reminder to all of us Ashen Spirens out there, tonight is FP at 6. Hope to see as many as you out there as possible
"Banana check!"

Jareth

Postby tarsus » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:25 pm

You have my sword.
In Soviet Russia, siege weapon is part of you.
tarsus

Postby Jam » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:31 pm

Is anyone going to be there tonight? What time is it at, and where? I just moved to call and desperately need to get some fight in.

Peace,
Jam
Jam

Postby tarsus » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:37 pm

I'll be there but I might be a little late. Got a bunch of kids staying late for Finals.
In Soviet Russia, siege weapon is part of you.
tarsus

Postby Aurel Von Slade » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:03 pm

Jam wrote:Is anyone going to be there tonight? What time is it at, and where? I just moved to call and desperately need to get some fight in.

Peace,
Jam

Bowers Park
2570 Cabrillo Ave
Santa Clara, CA

We typically run fighter practice from 6 PM to 9PM, though we'll go later if we feel like fighting more.

We meet on Sundays at the same place from 1PM to 6PM.
"Banana Check!"
Aurel Von Slade

PreviousNext

Return to Shire of Nymyr's Sanctum - Santa Clara, CA