Prime Minister Goals - Updated 1/27/14

Discussion/Information about the Shire of Nymyr's Sanctum

Prime Minister Goals - Updated 1/27/14

Postby Se Virux » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:04 pm

Ashen Spire Populace,

Concerning the position of Prime Minister, I will be working towards a couple goals regarding finances, records, and other things.
This post will be the container for such goals -- refer to this as you please.

ASHEN SPIRE -- PRIME MINISTER GOALS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS

:mrgreen: REVISE SIGN-IN SHEET LAYOUT - Completed and in use 8/12/12

The existing sign-in sheet from O.R.K. is very inefficient in its use of paper and is also very cluttered. I have drafted a new sign-in sheet which is much more intuitive and allows for easier tracking/organizing of credits. This layout is based off of the O.R.K. layout, but modified to allow for easy copy/paste of the produced O.R.K. sign-in sheet from the webpage onto an excel template. The column for Fighter Practice credits has been removed along with row-to-row page breaks holding class abbreviations.

The best part about this new sign-in sheet layout is that it requires only one page for printing!!!

This document will evolve as I receive feedback on readability.

NEW 9/23/12> I will make changes to the layout itself concerning Monster, Anti-Paladin, and Paladin columns as it has come to my attention that people are confusing Monster with Monk and the columns for prestige classes are highly unused, serving only as clutter.
        :mrgreen: DONE 9/27/12
        Enjoy the new and improved sign-in sheet in amazing grayscale!
        I have taken the liberty of removing the Raider class column (who the heck actually gets credits/levels in Raider... let alone allow that?) which is nonsensical.
      THIS WILL BE THE NEW STANDARD FOR ALL FORMS (excludes the Liability Waiver):
      - All forms will employ the Ashen Spire emblem to signify that it is from our land.
      - All forms will employ a line for the date of sign-in and the name of the current Prime Minister.
      - All forms will be required to be noted and signed off by the Prime Minister when the form has been registered into O.R.K. records.
      - All forms will be filed into the Prime Minister's binder of records upon registration of information into O.R.K. records.
    :mrgreen: CREATE SEPARATE SIGN-IN FOR NEW/VISITING PLAYERS - Completed and in use 8/12/12

It is only logical to produce a separate sign-in sheet for new/visiting players rather than having a sign-in sheet wherein lines are jammed among the existing player list. It is far more readable and easier to organize. This form includes a key that goes over the different abbreviations for each class along with a quick overview on what each class is and what is available to new players. A tip for newbies is included which recommends them to choose UNDECLARED for their first credit. Each line will have blank spaces for the player's name and persona name (if existing), along with the row of the standard class abbreviations for circling.
    :mrgreen: CREATE SEPARATE SIGN-IN FOR FIGHTER PRACTICE - Completed and in use 8/12/12

It is only logical to produce a separate sign-in sheet for fighter practice as it makes it much more easier to organize and keep track of Warrior Quarters. The sign-in sheet itself is reduced in sign and allows for a total of 8 sign-in pages per sheet of paper (front and back printing).
    :mrgreen: BUY PM MATERIALS (clipboard/box, binder, receipt book, notepads) - Completed and in use 8/12/12

Due to the lack of materials being passed down to me, I have taken initiative in obtaining some myself. I have bought a metal clipboard/container, receipt books, notepads, and other organization tools/materials.

I consider this my donation to the betterment of our park upon taking up the office and will not tie it to our land's funds.
    :mrgreen: UPDATE/CHECK RECORDS - Completed 8/12/12

A fairly challenging task, which has sparked my main objective towards organizing many of the functions of this officer position. Transition of the seat for this office should be smooth and painless so that it may appeal to those who would like to run for office in the future. I have made many efforts towards that objective and look forward to the future wherein all things I establish are kept and practiced as standards.

NEW STANDARD: 6 MONTHS = INACTIVE, NOT DEAD
      All players who have not received credits in the past 6 months will be moved to INACTIVE.
      The Corpora states you shall be stored in the Book of the Dead if you have not received credits in the past 6 months.
      I am much nicer and merciful than this, so you will instead be kept in the list of inactives indefinitely or until evidence has been produced that you no longer exist in our society of Amtgard!

This will be strictly enforced to keep our sign-in sheet compact and free of clutter.

If you happen to find yourself missing from the sign-in sheet, you will have to go through the standard procedure:

1) Fill-out a waiver.
        2) Sign-in on the Newbie/Visitors list.
    :mrgreen: MASS PRINT> LIABILITY WAIVERS + V7.7 RULEBOOK - Completed and in use 8/12/12
    :mrgreen: BEGIN REGULAR ANNOUNCEMENTS/REMINDERS OF PARK DAYS, EVENTS, AND ETC IN FB - Completed and in effect 8/12/12
    :arrow: INCREASE FORUM USE - GOAL CONVERTED TO INCREASE FORUM AWARENESS 12/16/12

This idea was proposed by Drenth and I will follow-through as FB can only contain so many words/posts until it becomes flooded and ignored
    :mrgreen: INCREASE FORUM AWARENESS - Completed 12/17/12

Conversion of item performed due to lack of interest among regular members. Facebook will be used as primary mode of communication among Ashen Spire members as it provides conveyance of information WITHOUT interference/misinterpretation by members from other parks. Awareness of important threads within these forums is deemed "good enough".
    :mrgreen: DRAFT WRITTEN PASS-DOWN OF FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY OVER ASHEN SPIRE FUNDS - Completed 1/27/14

This is an idea I have come up with after issues over the transfer of records and money from previous PM along with conversations over the topic of bank accounts and so forth. I believe this will be a very important document to enforce and will help in tracking money upon transfer of Prime Minister office. This document will also grant flexibility over who is in charge of money for our land rather than sole responsibility be upon the Prime Minister, which will be highly beneficial if the current office holder is deemed irresponsible or whose accountability is questionable. Additionally, this will allow for the transfer of money holding responsibility if the holder of the Prime Minister office chooses to opt for such.

As Prime Minister and representative speaker of finances for the land of Ashen Spire, our stand on the idea opening a bank account is a firm NO.
      We, the people who work and hold much financial competence, refuse to open such an account due to tax concerns and will opt instead for activities maintenance of a cash-box/banker's-bag.
    :idea: INCREASE NUMBERS + ATTENDANCE - In Progress 9/23/12 (forever)

A standard goal of any land. My role in this will be to provide advertisement to prospective newbies along with introductory information along and enforce sign-in and forms completion when they decide to participate.

:mrgreen: 8/6/12 -- Advertise and establish recognition of the existence of Amtgard at SCA Twin Creeks Fighter Practice
      :mrgreen: 11/20/12 -- Fighter Practice relocated and established at Twin Creeks Sports Complex every Tuesday from 7PM til late
    :mrgreen: GET UP TO SPEED ON EVENT HOLDING (ALTHINGS, QUALS, ETC) - Completed 12/9/12 (hell yeah buddy)

Declarations have been called for in our land. I will be following Westmarch activity closely and learn from there.
      10/7/12 -- I now understand Tithes and Dues-Paid periods
      10/7/12 -- I now understand how Althings are held
      10/7/12 -- I now understand when Quals and Elections are held

This is only the beginning, I will add more goals as they come about during my reign -- Order will soon be in place.
Feel free to pitch in your ideas as I may consider adding them to my list if they are feasible and make logical sense.

Your Prime Minister,
- Se Virux
(AS-PM: Aug-2012 - Feb-2012)
Last edited by Se Virux on Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:42 pm, edited 14 times in total.

I am not affected by negative remarks or opinions for I know and am better than you outside this game, this recreational activity, this imagined realm called "Amtgard".

I show no respect for you if you have none to show.
Se Virux

Re: Prime Minister Goals

Postby Drenth » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:06 pm

Se Virux wrote:lots of good stuff

If elected as Monarch, I will continue working with Se Virux to help boost this park overall.

We have a good group of core players, but we have an untapped potential of SJSU, which I am looking into harnessing at the moment.

News of us being able to either set up a club/fighter practice at SJSU will be forth coming both on these forums, and at the park.

-Drenth
Odinmadr
Drenth

Postby SirEuric » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:48 pm

COOL! Good job guys, get that ball rolling!
Sir Euric Bloodstone
SirEuric

Postby Se Virux » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:36 am

Update:
Added note about players who have not received credits in the past 6 months (inactive).
Players will be moved to inactive rather than the Book of the Dead as per Corpora.

Players missing on our land's sign-in sheet must assume they have been deemed inactive and therefore must go through normal sign-in procedure for newbies/visitors (waiver + newbie/visitor sign-in sheets).
Player info will be reactivated upon successful sign-in.

As an FYI, many people have been moved to inactive since my takeover of the seat.
So keep this in mind if you are returning to Ashen Spire and haven't been around for a long time.

- Se Virux
(AS-PM: Aug-2012 - Feb-2012)

I am not affected by negative remarks or opinions for I know and am better than you outside this game, this recreational activity, this imagined realm called "Amtgard".

Se Virux

Postby Fiks » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:50 pm

Se Virux wrote:Update:
Added note about players who have not received credits in the past 6 months (inactive).
Players will be moved to inactive rather than the Book of the Dead as per Corpora.

It's important to note, in case you hadn't been instructed about or noticed prior, that the Book of the Dead on the ORK is for players who have passed away in real life. Which is unfortunate when old school Amtgarders (or those who parrot them) still refer to the inactive list by the same moniker.
"How harmful overspecialization is. It cuts knowledge at a million points and leaves it bleeding."—Hari Seldon
Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brotha', I hurt people. Bonk!
Fiks

Postby Se Virux » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:59 am

Fiks wrote:It's important to note, in case you hadn't been instructed about or noticed prior, that the Book of the Dead on the ORK is for players who have passed away in real life. Which is unfortunate when old school Amtgarders (or those who parrot them) still refer to the inactive list by the same moniker.

Thanks for the FYI -- I was not made aware or told this.

Se Virux

Postby Se Virux » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:10 am

Sign-in sheet has been upgraded into the amazing world of grayscale!

Organized class columns to highlight STANDARD classes (Archer - Wizard), SPECIAL "class" columns (UD, Reeve, Color, Monster), and KNIGHT only class columns (AP/Pa).

I've also removed the Raider column since that makes no sense at all... and honestly, four credits/weeks is extremely easy to track.

Se Virux

Re: Prime Minister Goals - Updated 1/27/14

Postby Se Virux » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:44 pm

Much was done and I am, at this point, glad that I will be stepping down from the office position.

I look forward to seeing the great things that Ephraim will do and provide as Prime Minister and I will continue to assist as I'm sure the rest of you will :)

Again, please forward all Prime Minister related information to Ephraim from here onward.

Se Virux

Return to Shire of Nymyr's Sanctum - Santa Clara, CA