PARK DAY ATTENDANCE TBD - DEC 23, 2012

Discussion/Information about the Shire of Ashen Spire

PARK DAY ATTENDANCE TBD - DEC 23, 2012

Postby Se Virux » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:20 pm

:::::ANNOUNCEMENT FOR SUNDAY - DEC. 23, 2012:::::
If you will be at the field, please state that you will.
A minimum of 2 members must state that they will be present AND must produce physical proof of attendance on that day.

Regular Park Day for DEC 23, 2012 WILL be cancelled if ANY of the following conditions ARE NOT met:
1) Minimum attendance count of TWO (2) members
2) Stated TWO (2) members must propose on either FB Group or Forum Thread that they will be attending on DEC 23, 2012.
3) Statement must include the phrase "I will be there on DEC 23, 2012 and will remember to have physical proof of presence" or statement is considered null/ambigious/vague/trolling/unsure as to ensure that prospective attendee has read this announcement in full and is aware of what day they will be present.
4) Physical proof of attendance MUST be produced
5) Physical proof of attendance MUST be scanned and emailed to me

tl;dr:
If you don't read this, you're S.O.L. and day is cancelled :)
No really though, we're not expecting much people so we're probably just going to cancel the day... but feel free to show up at the park if you like.

I propose Holiday credits to be distributed for that day for everyone (YAY); though this will be under the discretion of the current local Monarch (Drenth).

Though in all honesty I don't care about em and it'd make things easier for me not having to deal with credit distribution :P

Your Prime Minister,
- Se Virux



:::::NOTICE TO ALL FORUM LURKERS:::::
If you're simply here to post hate and criticism -- get a sense of humor and chill.
DEC 23, 2012 was discussed at OUR park by OUR members and monarchy and I simply decided to re-iterate the fact that we're unlikely to have anyone around and will likely cancel due to that fact. In fact, I was reluctant to post on these forums because it is almost never used by OUR members; HOWEVER, I had posted on these forums as per suggestion and agreement made between me and our current Baron, Drenth, to increase forum utilization.

Furthermore, it is likely that it will rain on that day -- we have Rain Days declarable for a reason.

Your overreaction is likely the reason why Ashen Spire folk are discouraged and don't bother utilizing these forums; in fact -- this is perhaps why there is more reliance on Facebook for our communication needs.

I understand my role and limits as a Prime Minister, but I also understand the park I hold office in and what its needs are and frankly, we have communication, organization, and other fundamental issues. I am addressing these issues in a manner that I see most fit and it has so far been effective. I actually discuss these issues and actions with Ashen Spire members so there is no need for external, uninformed criticism.

On that note, notice that I did NOT state that I will, without approval of the Ashen Spire Monarch, distribute FREE credits for that day.
Please. Read fully before you assume.

We were lacking direction and leadership. I chose to step up and get the ball rolling.
My first act was taking on the most unwanted and most neglected Officer position at OUR park and cleaning up the mess it had become/accumulated.
From there on I have increased awareness of park attendance, revamped/streamlined sign-in sheets and records, increased enforcement/awareness of rules/corpora, helped maintain/relocate fighter practice, etc.
Please keep this all in mind before going about labeling me as one who "takes fun away" or "makes it all about my office" or other synonyms for selfishness.

I may only be Prime Minister, but I will NOT choose to do nothing when my park is falling apart simply because I'm not "allowed" to or does not fall under "administrative decisions" (AKA beyond the scope of the position).
Last edited by Se Virux on Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:11 am, edited 10 times in total.

I am not affected by negative remarks or opinions for I know and am better than you outside this game, this recreational activity, this imagined realm called "Amtgard".

I show no respect for you if you have none to show.
User avatar
Se Virux
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 2:41 am

Re: PARK DAY ATTENDANCE TBD - DEC 23, 2012

Postby Grimbold » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:54 am

Way to make Amtgard not about fun and all about your office....

Let me fix that for you...

"Hey, I am not coming to amtgard on the 23'rd. If you are playing that day, please turn in a sign in sheet to me after the fact. Ignore anything i said about posting in advance that your going. I was just being a dick."
vincit qui se vincit
vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
User avatar
Grimbold
 
Posts: 1215
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:48 pm
Location: Aegir's Hall

Re: PARK DAY ATTENDANCE TBD - DEC 23, 2012

Postby Etah » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:17 am

I think you are a bit confused on the office of the Prime Minister. What does and doesn't meet the standard of a park day and what credits are or are not awarded is up to the Monarch and if they are not present, the Regent.

Prime Minister is a tedius and involved job, but the only decisions the PM makes should be administrative ones. The park decisions are made by other officers.
~Baronet Squire Etah Landshark
Corsair
Shire of Aegir's Hall

"Hate is a strong word, but I found out if you say it backwards what appears is a bald nerd." - MC Nameloc
User avatar
Etah
 
Posts: 999
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:25 pm
Location: In the Halls of Aegir

Re: PARK DAY ATTENDANCE TBD - DEC 23, 2012

Postby Se Virux » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:26 pm

Thank you all for your criticisms and advice; however, I'm well aware of what the office position can and cannot do.

My proposal for Holiday credits was nothing more than a proposal and is, as I stated, under discretion of the local Monarch (currently Drenth).

This post was intended as an FYI to all others who may not be in our FB group page.
It is also intended to be humorous/not-serious within our group of regulars.

I am not affected by negative remarks or opinions for I know and am better than you outside this game, this recreational activity, this imagined realm called "Amtgard".

I show no respect for you if you have none to show.
User avatar
Se Virux
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 2:41 am

Re: PARK DAY ATTENDANCE TBD - DEC 23, 2012

Postby caliban_tempest » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:27 pm

Se Virux wrote:.
It is also intended to be humorous/not-serious within our group of regulars.

It certainly did not come across that way. My only thought was how much I was thankful my PM didn't do that
LIVE. LOVE. LEARN. DIE.
User avatar
caliban_tempest
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:20 pm
Location: Diablo's Cauldron

Re: PARK DAY ATTENDANCE TBD - DEC 23, 2012

Postby Se Virux » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:22 am

caliban_tempest wrote:
Se Virux wrote:.
It is also intended to be humorous/not-serious within our group of regulars.

It certainly did not come across that way. My only thought was how much I was thankful my PM didn't do that

Hence my clarification of such to people viewing this who are not part of our (Ashen Spire) Facebook group and are not aware of how we (Ashen Spire) joke around by acting like dicks to each other.

In either case, I'll simply keep our announcements to our (Ashen Spire) Facebook page to avoid future misinterpretations.

I am not affected by negative remarks or opinions for I know and am better than you outside this game, this recreational activity, this imagined realm called "Amtgard".

I show no respect for you if you have none to show.
User avatar
Se Virux
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 2:41 am

Re: PARK DAY ATTENDANCE TBD - DEC 23, 2012

Postby Azus » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:55 pm

I offer hugs to my poor abused minions of Ashen Spire.
User avatar
Azus
 
Posts: 1903
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:10 pm

Re: PARK DAY ATTENDANCE TBD - DEC 23, 2012

Postby Drenth » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:59 pm

Azus wrote:I offer hugs to my poor abused minions of Ashen Spire.


Your shield is a great treasure we shall keep here in Ashen Spire. We shall use it to clean the mud off of all of our shoes.
Odinmadr
User avatar
Drenth
 
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:43 pm
Location: Santa Rosa

Re: PARK DAY ATTENDANCE TBD - DEC 23, 2012

Postby Grimbold » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:38 pm

Well, at least he admitted to being a dick about it. We all get a laugh and move on....
vincit qui se vincit
vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
User avatar
Grimbold
 
Posts: 1215
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:48 pm
Location: Aegir's Hall

Re: PARK DAY ATTENDANCE TBD - DEC 23, 2012

Postby Se Virux » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:16 pm

Drenth wrote:
Azus wrote:I offer hugs to my poor abused minions of Ashen Spire.


Your shield is a great treasure we shall keep here in Ashen Spire. We shall use it to clean the mud off of all of our shoes.

Wait, wait, wait-- Drenth, you're telling me we were supposed to wait until you said we could do that?
Woops... guess we all jumped the gun on that one.

I am not affected by negative remarks or opinions for I know and am better than you outside this game, this recreational activity, this imagined realm called "Amtgard".

I show no respect for you if you have none to show.
User avatar
Se Virux
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 2:41 am

Re: PARK DAY ATTENDANCE TBD - DEC 23, 2012

Postby Hannoske » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:56 pm

You are all dumb, the PM has it right.
Hannoske
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:29 pm
Location: Thor's Refuge

Re: PARK DAY ATTENDANCE TBD - DEC 23, 2012

Postby Niveus » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:23 pm

Hannoske wrote:You are all dumb, the PM has it right.


+1
Baronet Niveus Esq.
Squired to Sir Nakita
User avatar
Niveus
 
Posts: 577
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:16 am

Re: PARK DAY ATTENDANCE TBD - DEC 23, 2012

Postby Azus » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:31 pm

I just realized something - you wont call it an Amtgard Day if only one person shows up and forgets their own signin sheet? Sheesh! You could take their word that they fought a tree or something! ;)
User avatar
Azus
 
Posts: 1903
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:10 pm

Re: PARK DAY ATTENDANCE TBD - DEC 23, 2012

Postby Fiks » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:16 pm

"Amtgard is two people touching each other honestly."

I know people's definition of "people" tends to get looser every year... but I don't think we're at the point where trees are people too, maaaaan. :P Mebbe the sole sojourner gets a bonus credit on the next weekend they attend for holding the fort? Monarch's discretion.
"How harmful overspecialization is. It cuts knowledge at a million points and leaves it bleeding."—Hari Seldon
Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brotha', I hurt people. Bonk!
User avatar
Fiks
 
Posts: 2542
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 9:57 pm
Location: Wavehaven

Re: PARK DAY ATTENDANCE TBD - DEC 23, 2012

Postby Azus » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:49 pm

I've been attacked by trees enough time to know they, or at least some of them, are conscious!

Or was it squirrels in the trees?
User avatar
Azus
 
Posts: 1903
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:10 pm

Next

Return to Shire of Ashen Spire - San Jose, CA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron