Althing Summary - 9/15/13

Discussion/Information about the Shire of Nymyr's Sanctum

Althing Summary - 9/15/13

Postby Se Virux » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:37 am

Summary of Althing held on September 9, 2013
Organizer/Host: Se Virux - Prime Minister of Ashen Spire.

A copy of the Althing meeting outline was distributed to those present and will be provided electronically via Ashen Spire Facebook page.
This summary will follow the outline provided.

I. Missing Attendance Records and ORK-3

• All attendance records have been found to have been received upon review.

• Aug. 25, 2013 has been clarified as "Westmarch Midreign" hence lack of attendance records for the local park as most (if not all) members were present at the Westmarch event.

• ORK-3 has been evaluated by several of the chapter's members and all have expressed shared concern over it's ease of use and overall release as a "Final Product". Reviews and commentary by those experienced among our members with regards to programming/coding have been asked to be submitted to the ORK-3 feedback facebook page.

Overall, ORK-3 was ultimately deemed "NOT RELEASE WORTHY AND RAGE-INDUCING" ... However, efforts will be made to attempt to "work" with it.

II. Hosting Westmarch Crown Quals

• Poll: "Ashen Spire to accept the task of holding Westmarch Crown Quals?"
    Result: YES

Nomination of Autocrat to coordinate Westmarch Crown Quals was held as a result.
    Result: Dia and Dizzy (Autocrat Team)

Details
    Dia and Dizzy have both accepted being nominated for the role of coordinating the event.
    They have proposed to work together as a team to ensure the event goes well to the best of their ability.
    It goes without saying that the rest of the members of Ashen Spire will provide aid whenever needed.

III. Participation in on-going Westmarch Events

• Poll: Ashen Spire to participate in "Amtgard Food Fight"?
    Result: NO

• Details
    There was much concern regarding the chapter's resources and interest in taking part in the event.
    Previous involvement was primarily driven by Ranvier who had ample time and connections to expend on the endeavor.
    As a result, it is not in our best interest to be involved; however, individuals are free to aid the other chapters in their philanthropic pursuits.

• Poll: Ashen Spire to participate in "Hunger Games for Artisans"?
    Result: NO

Details
    Those within our chapter who have skill to participate showed no interest in participating due to lack of time and other commitments.
    As result of the vote -- Ashen Spire will not nominate or present a candidate to these events.
    Individuals who are interested in supporting the event by providing aid to its hosts are free to do so, BUT are NOT allowed to represent Ashen Spire without prior permission or notice as to avoid any confusion.

IV. Clarification of Ashen Spire Monarchy

• Poll: Motion to appoint Pro-Tem Officers?
    Result: YES

Auryn (Skye) as our current Regent and Monarch, by extension through Order of Precedence due to the vacancy of the position, had given authority to allow adoption of a Pro-Tem Monarch in her position to retain role solely as Regent.
    Result: Dizzy is now our Pro-Tem Monarch

Those who were Reeves qualified were asked to nominate a Pro-Tem Officer for Guildmaster of Reeves role.
    Result: Dandrab is now our Guildmaster of Reeves

• Clarification results in the following ...

Ashen Spire Monarchy
    Monarch - Dizzy (Pro-Tem)
    Regent - Auryn
    Prime Minister - Se Virux
    Champion - Tevas
    Guildmaster of Reeves - Dandrab (Pro-Tem)

V. Optional Dues + Tithes to Westmarch

• Dues will be collected on September 22nd and 29th, 2013

• Tithes to Westmarch will be delivered in person at Feast of Mars by Lord Jareth - King of Westmarch

VI. Passing Down Prime Minister Role

I cannot express how important it is for a chapter to scrutinize the individuals they choose to become Prime Minister for they are essentially handing off a role that is arguably the Heart of their chapter. I would rather maintain my role and request for extension than to surrender it to someone who is definitely not capable.

A Prime Minister who is not trustworthy is a potential thief.
    A Prime Minister who is not responsible is a potential audit nightmare.
    A Prime Minister who is not both is a potential chapter killer ... quite literally -- they have the power to DELETE after all!

The role of a Prime Minister is an arduous one and arguably the only role that does any legitimate work at all.
    However, it is also a role that can garner much respect and command the most authority since the individual is expected to be the most aware of the chapter's situation and the events that occur around it.

In my honest opinion, the Prime Minister is the "Shadow Leader".
    One who is not only able to provide advice and direction to the Monarchy, but also capable of taking charge and leading responsibly when none are present or capable to do so.
    They are much more than the "credit logger" or "money holder" and certainly deserve much more respect than that.

With all of the above stated in mind, I have deemed the following members to be capable of taking on the role of Prime Minister:
    • Dizzy
    • Ephriam

These individuals have shown an adequate sense of responsibility in executing tasks they are delegated to the best of their ability.
    They have also proved to be trustworthy, especially with money, which I deem to be the most important trait when nominating a Prime Minister.

Given that Dizzy has been elected as Pro-Tem Monarch ... Ephriam will be the one to succeed me.
    As such, I will be working with Ephriam in ensuring that the transition to becoming Prime Minister is smooth and the work is painless.

Any and all those who are interested in being Prime Minister are free to approach me with their interest and I will work with you in determining if you are capable.

This Althing was concluded promptly and no further questions or concerns were brought up aside from compliments regarding the organized manner of execution.

THAT IS ALL.

Se Virux - Prime Minister of Ashen Spire
"Remember kids, say 'No' to Politics"

I am not affected by negative remarks or opinions for I know and am better than you outside this game, this recreational activity, this imagined realm called "Amtgard".

I show no respect for you if you have none to show.
Se Virux

Re: Althing Summary - 9/15/13

Postby Guyvas » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:09 am

While I agree with pm being the hardest job and it needing someone responsible, you don't get to decide who become PM unless you are the only dues paid member (in that case you have no monarchy). PM is run by a vote because anyone who is qualified can run, its up to all the dues paid members to select the right person (not just you)

That's the way it is in our corpora
Guyvas
Crimson Marauders
Bloodfog
Wu Tang Clan ain't nothin' to fuck with
Guyvas
Mr. Tittyface

Postby Lady Tamara » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:54 am

Thank you for posting the minutes of your meeting
Last edited by Lady Tamara on Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wife to Collin the Red
http://www.meetup.com/amtgard-sacramento
Tamara on the AmtWiki
O.R.K.
Facebook
Woman at Arms to Sir Francis of Ravensholm
Lady Tamara

Postby Drenth » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:56 pm

Guyvas wrote:While I agree with pm being the hardest job and it needing someone responsible, you don't get to decide who become PM unless you are the only dues paid member (in that case you have no monarchy). PM is run by a vote because anyone who is qualified can run, its up to all the dues paid members to select the right person (not just you)

That's the way it is in our corpora

I'm pretty sure se virux meant that ephrium is going to run next reign for pm. He hasn't done anything wrong. He just seems to respect the position of pm.
Odinmadr
Drenth

Postby Drenth » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:03 pm

Lady Tamara wrote:I am so disappointed that no one stepped up to help with the food fight. This is not something trivial. As Westmarch's non profit is classified as "mutually beneficial" to the community, this is a way to uphold that commitment. How long does it take to hold a pie in the face or dollar level up? Why did this all fall on the shoulders of just one person? EVERY person in the land can contribute in one way or another. This just makes me sad that Ashen Spire has disconnected from the rest of the Kingdom by deciding not to participate in things that were built to bring us all together. Just very sad. :|

I think you have some valid points Tamara, but I also think you are incorrect on others. I have run fund raising events, and have helped with food fight for Crimson Wood in the past, but because of school, I am unable to do either this year. I wasn't at this althing, but from what I hear, our populous couldn't give the time necessary to make the event happen. As far as I am concerned, Ashen Spire hasn't disconnected from anything, they are just unable to participate in this event at this time, which is fine.

I personally have given money to food fight activities put on by other Westmarch citizens, and so have other members of Ashen Spire. So you are partially correct, Ashen Spire, as part of Westmarch is helping the food fight event, just not organizing a person to spear head it here for one reason or another...and that is OK.
Odinmadr
Drenth

Postby Lady Tamara » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:04 am

You are right, I didn't get all the facts first. I apologize to Ashen Spire for jumping to conclusions. Thanks for supporting the Food Fight this year. I believe we are in fourth place. :D Not too bad for a new kingdom, right?
Wife to Collin the Red
http://www.meetup.com/amtgard-sacramento
Tamara on the AmtWiki
O.R.K.
Facebook
Woman at Arms to Sir Francis of Ravensholm
Lady Tamara

Return to Shire of Nymyr's Sanctum - Santa Clara, CA