Declarations

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Crimson Wood

Moderators: Drenth, bill the nun

Declarations

Postby Drenth » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:14 pm

I hereby declare my intent to run for Regent for Crimson Wood.
Miles, If you could bring a reeves test next week, I would appreciate it. I can take the corpora and reeves test the day of quals if that is easier for you as well.
Odinmadr
Drenth

Re: Declarations

Postby Miles » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:23 am

I have received the new Westmarch-wide Reeve tests and shall be printing a batch of them for the use of you and other interested parties, Drenth.

While declarations for positions are due this coming weekend, 10/29 (a week before Crown Quals), candidates need not necessarily have passed the Reeve- and Corpora-exam prior to declaring intent. As long as the exams are completed before Crown Quals are over, a candidate may remain eligible to run--provided all other qualifications are also met, of course.

Please note that all positions up for election in this phase require Reeve testing. All Monarchy positions must also pass the Corpora test. Guildmasters, both for classes and Reeves, need only pass a Reeve exam.
Note also that in order to run for or vote for a class guildmaster, you must be a voting member of that class's "guild," which is automatic if you are dues-paid and one of the following applies to you:
1) You have earned one or more credits in that class in the last six months; or
2) You have achieved sixth level in that class; or
3) You have achieved class masterhood in that class (how you might do this while under sixth level is beyond me).

To run for or vote for the position of GMR, you must be a voting member of the Reeve's Guild, meaning:
1) You have passed a Reeve examination during or since the last Time of the Crown;
2) You have served as a Reeve during this reign; and
3) You are dues-paid.

Other positions, such as the Ducal Guard, the Regent's Defender, the Court Herald, the Scribe, the GMs of Garbers, Engineers, Smiths, and so on are appointed rather than elected positions. You may of course declare interest in the positions, but declarations are not necessary, and the incoming monarchy (primarily the new Duke/Duchess and Regent) will ultimately determine who to appoint--if anyone is appointed at all.

On a side note, I would like to here declare my intent to run for two class Guildmaster positions--namely, the classes of Bard and Monster.
Inspiration. Exuberance. Synergy. ~
Miles

Re: Declarations

Postby Drenth » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:29 am

Thanks Miles
Odinmadr
Drenth

Return to Duchy of Crimson Wood - Rohnert Park, CA