Service and Sacrifice

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Crimson Wood

Moderators: Drenth, bill the nun

Service and Sacrifice

Postby Baernoir » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:06 pm

Certain events I have gone to in the past, and quests I have tried to run, have brought a certain quirk of human nature into my thoughts concerning Amtgard. Well, this actually applies to all LARPing events. Simply put: "Everyone wants to be the Hero." I cannot find fault in this for it is amiable, and yet this poses a problem for most Stories, Adventures and battles. If everyone is the good guy then why would anyone fight? For good to excel and shine an opposing force is needed. So many times I have seen a quest/event that would have been excellent if only for one glaring flaw. There were not enough NPCs, Story Tellers and volunteers to see the story carried out in an engaging manner that did not require railroading the players/questers.
To this end I intend to form a household focused on sacrificing for the greater good. The focus will be on the flurbier side of things but ultimately it comes down to everyone else having a good time even if we don't what ever it takes within reason.
Now it comes down to you all. What I am looking for is players who are willing to be a quester's punching bag. Yup that's it. To join all I ask is that a person have monster garb that is a bit more elaborate than a simple pair of goblin "ears." That and to be a member if one is attending an event/quest/just playing around with the more role-playing side of Amtgard one need only to volunteer to be the "bad guy," the monster, the NPCs that make such days exciting. Ultimately I imagine the higher escelons to be people who create awesomeness for others by running quests, and playing memorable villains and NPCs. In return for these small sacrafices this house will provide some simple services: Keeping track of monthly monster credits, aid and assistance in making/getting monster garb, free household emblem patches for the bling, and if the name I've come up with sticks I have a themed treat in mind.
With that in mind I'm searching for a few good LARPers to be the bump in the night, the troll's under the bridge, and the shakers and makers of fantastic realms.
"Shiny. Let's be bad guys." -- Jayne Cobb
"Read like a butterfly, write like a bee."
-Philip Pullman
Baernoir

Re: Service and Sacrifice

Postby GALE StrongHammer » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:30 pm

Sign me up! This sounds like a fantastic idea, and, man, do I want to be a part of it!
Time to sharpen my claws and practice my dramatic deaths.
:twisted:
"Just because I can't do it today, doesn't mean I'm not going to be able to do it someday."
GALE StrongHammer

Postby ShadowSword » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:27 pm

Ill join to be a story teller or npc.
It just as simple as that...
ShadowSword

Postby Norm » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:50 am

I would love to play as an npc/monster, sighn me up!
The non-factor park Member.
Norm

Postby Stone » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:22 am

You have MY axe.

And the me it's attached to.
The Fightin' Flurb

http://www.amtwiki.org/amtwiki/index.php/Stone

Azus wrote:"The sun rose, Stone got muddy, and the birds were scared by the roaring"
Stone

Return to Duchy of Crimson Wood - Rohnert Park, CA