As the cold creeps. (NIGHT AMTGARD)

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Crimson Wood

Moderators: Drenth, bill the nun

As the cold creeps. (NIGHT AMTGARD)

Postby Norm » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:38 am

So this winter I would like to run a night game at the park. NOW BEFORE YOU GO OFF AND SAY, "UUUU, ITS TO LATE, UUUUU IM TO TIRED, UUUUU ITS TO COLD", let me just say, I KNOW LOL. But...

By the time I would like to run the game, it would be mid November, the sun would be setting at around 5 ish, making so its dark enough to have fun, but early enough so people don't call the cops.

Now it will be cold, so wearing armor and other warm things would be good, and we will all be runny around so ya.

Lighting, tea candles in brown bags, and lamps hanging from trees (electric of course)

Now I can see that, yes, we might be tired after amtgard and might just want to go home and rest, but what if we didn't push our selves that Saturday, and leave around like 2ish, get a shower and something to eat and meet back at around 4ish.

I know im young and have the energy to do such a thing, but lets give it a shot.

inb4 bad spelling
inb4 bad grammar
inb4 op cant inb4
The non-factor park Member.
Norm

Re: As the cold creeps. (NIGHT AMTGARD)

Postby GALE StrongHammer » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:41 pm

I like it. Maybe make it a special quest/event thing so that others could come out and enjoy.
"Just because I can't do it today, doesn't mean I'm not going to be able to do it someday."
GALE StrongHammer

Postby Norm » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:52 pm

GALE StrongHammer wrote:I like it. Maybe make it a special quest/event thing so that others could come out and enjoy.

Exactly.
The non-factor park Member.
Norm

Postby Happy » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:19 am

I'd be in.
Happy

Postby Baernoir » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:02 pm

Point 1) I love the idea of playing at night when visibility is lessened. It makes the game very interesting and tends to make wacky thing happen more. :twisted:
Point 2) Just a reminder. Our field is known as the Briney Deep for a reason. In winter it turns to slush. Just keep this in mind.
Point 3) Late at night it gets misty and dew covers the ground making it more slippery (Just speaking as someone who has actually run games long into the night)
Point 4) Why make a break in between with people leaving? If you want to let people get diner, either provide one or have something minor going on (like a ditch) and announce that such time would be good for the fetching of food.
Point 5) I like enumerated points. Don't know if this has any relevance but there you go.
"Read like a butterfly, write like a bee."
-Philip Pullman
Baernoir

Return to Duchy of Crimson Wood - Rohnert Park, CA