Recruitment event

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Crimson Wood

Moderators: Drenth, bill the nun

Recruitment event

Postby Mannanan » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:13 pm

It has been too long since we have had a recruitment push in CW. I propose we show up in our best garb to the opening weekend of the new The Hobbit movie. The problem that is most caught my eye is that CW coronation and opening weekend for the movie are the same weekend.

Do we show up Friday Dec. 14, Sunday Dec. 16 or another day on the flowing weekend? I do not think that the 15th would work too well as we will be holding coronation at Ladybug park, may have visitors and will have clean up to tend to.

I would also like to let the Press Democrat and Community Voice know that we will be there incase the want to help hype us again. (the Voice has run two pieces on us in the past and the Press has done one also.)

This is something I would like us to do. Please post your thoughts on which day you think will work best, even if some one has already suggested something you thought was a good idea.
- Baronet Mannanan, MaA to Baronet Torbjorn Kegslayer Esq.
Mannanan

Re: Recruitment event

Postby ShadowSword » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:48 pm

hmmm... Well, friday will have alot more people and so we would get alot more notice but some of our own people might be busy. If we do Sunday it would probebly be easier for our own people but there will probebly be less people who will notice us...
It just as simple as that...
ShadowSword

Postby Guyvas » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:43 pm

If you do Friday you could push for people to come out to coronation and that's a good starting event.
Guyvas
Crimson Marauders
Bloodfog
Wu Tang Clan ain't nothin' to fuck with
Guyvas
Mr. Tittyface

Postby Mannanan » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:26 am

We will discuss this at the park, but I am to leaning toward Friday the 14 of Dec.
Mannanan

Postby Baernoir » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:33 pm

this sound's awesome. I can't promise I'll be there. More than likely I'll be working a double shift for UPS. I'll try to come strait there and have garb in my car. It kind of depends on where they have me working that day.
"Read like a butterfly, write like a bee."
-Philip Pullman
Baernoir

Postby Courtenay » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:11 pm

To clarify a point brought up at the park today, Monarchy will assist in ticket cost for those wish to attend and can not find the funds to do so. This offer is limited and is on a first come, first serve basis.
Lady Courtenay
Woman at Arms to Sir Nakita
Courtenay

Postby Lady Tamara » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:16 am

Why not make is a several day event and fill in teams when folks are available. This way more members can participate and you do not have to choose one day.
Lady Tamara

Postby Norm » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:48 pm

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The non-factor park Member.
Norm

Postby Mannanan » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:07 pm

Update!
I just called the Rhonert Park theater and they said that they have no problem with us showing up in garb as long as no one wears a mask or brings any weaponry (even foam tube swords).
The theater asked that we not post up and hand out fliers. They feel that it would disturb other patrons, although I think passing out a flyer or card to people who come talk to us is OK.
It only looks like projected movie times are up right now, so we will need to decide on when we are going on the 14th as we get closer to the event.
Mannanan

Postby Mannanan » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:24 pm

Movie times have been posted and pre-sale tickets are available! I am not the biggest fan of 3-D but the 7:00 show looks like a good time slot for what we want to do. There is also a 9:30 showing we can probably schmooze with on our way out.
I strongly recommend buying you tickets ahead of time. The show will probably sell out, so don't plan on buying your tickets at the door.
Please wear your best garb, no weapons, no masks (not that we wear them, it is a rule at the theater) because of the no solicitation rule at the theater we will not be allowed to actively recruit, but they didn't say we cant write "ask me about Amtgard" on masking tape and past it across our backs.

Dec.14th 7pm showing in 3D. show up 6:00ish stay a little after for 9:30 recruiting.
Mannanan

Return to Duchy of Crimson Wood - Rohnert Park, CA