Get yer garb on

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Crimson Wood

Moderators: Drenth, bill the nun

Get yer garb on

Postby Baernoir » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:05 pm

My fellow Amtgarders, I have been encouraged to encourage all of Crimson Wood to make/have more garb. There is no excuse why anyone who has been playing for a while should be limited to a tabard and class sashes. Now I'm not much better off myself; having focused on weapons more than much else. But this is the chance for us all to change this. Thus I will be holding Arts and Science nights after Amtgard every week. :shock: Unfortunately I now live in Petaluma, but really it's only 15 minute drive and rides can be arranged. For directions sake: 609 Nikki Dr. just off of North McDowell. These will be much like the Barbarian house meetings me and Stone put on but please bring materials yourself (but I might have some things you forgot). Don't be surprised if there is food and drinking involved (the best way to get anything done :D )Also I will help you make other stuff like weapons, sashes, whatever Amtgard related things you'd like to work on while hanging out with friends. Don't put it off folks reigns can pass by rather quickly.
So please let me know if you will be showing up, but go ahead and show if you forget to inform me as I will be working on garb/other projects myself anyway.
"Read like a butterfly, write like a bee."
-Philip Pullman
Baernoir

Re: Get yer garb on

Postby Azus » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:35 pm

One day started with Thistledown and Myself, garbed. I had my piratey coat and hat, tossed them at Caitlin. Someone else showed up, garb-light.

Then a few people wondering by joined. Then a few more. We had a lot of people on the field, some of us well garbed.

The other LARP meeting that day, had no garb. None.

We got the walkups joining. I was talking to one gentleman taking photos, and while I couldn't get him to join in the fun, he pointed out something interesting, that we seems the more official LARP.

That's the power of garb. Transforms a bunch of geeks acting silly to an official looking gaming group / social club.
Azus

Postby Lady Tamara » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:50 am

I can make custom garb for your newbs. If you would like loaner tabards, I can do that too. Message me for more info. :D
Wife to Collin the Red
http://www.meetup.com/amtgard-sacramento
Tamara on the AmtWiki
O.R.K.
Facebook
Woman at Arms to Sir Francis of Ravensholm
Lady Tamara

Postby Norm » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:25 pm

Sounds Radical dude!!!!
The non-factor park Member.
Norm

Postby Lady Tamara » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:28 am

Azus wrote:One day started with Thistledown and Myself, garbed. I had my piratey coat and hat, tossed them at Caitlin. Someone else showed up, garb-light.

Then a few people wondering by joined. Then a few more. We had a lot of people on the field, some of us well garbed.

The other LARP meeting that day, had no garb. None.

We got the walkups joining. I was talking to one gentleman taking photos, and while I couldn't get him to join in the fun, he pointed out something interesting, that we seems the more official LARP.

That's the power of garb. Transforms a bunch of geeks acting silly to an official looking gaming group / social club.

I have some fabric laying around.. Is there a particular color you would llike for some loaner tabards??? No charge of course!!! :D
Wife to Collin the Red
http://www.meetup.com/amtgard-sacramento
Tamara on the AmtWiki
O.R.K.
Facebook
Woman at Arms to Sir Francis of Ravensholm
Lady Tamara

Postby Mannanan » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:40 pm

Thank you for the offer Lady T we apreceate it. The point of my request to Baer was to get our members to make new garb for themselves. We have loaner garb and it gets way to much use from people who have been playing too long. The winter days often get rained out and I thought it would be a good opportunity for impromptu A+S days, CW hangout outside of the rain and a chance to improove the general quality of garb on the field and for recruiting.

All of that said I will be attending A+S days as I have been playing too long to have as many made or found garb pieces as I do. Its time I make some new stuff too.
- Baronet Mannanan, MaA to Baronet Torbjorn Kegslayer Esq.
Mannanan

Postby Mathis » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:48 pm

I love my primer gray tabard :(
Mathis

Return to Duchy of Crimson Wood - Rohnert Park, CA