V8 TEST DAY!!!!!!

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Crimson Wood

Moderators: Drenth, bill the nun

V8 TEST DAY!!!!!!

Postby ShadowSword » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:54 pm

NEXT WEEK WILL BE A V8 TEST DAY!!!!!!

Please see the topic below this one to see all of the rules and print it out if you want. I will have a copy of the rule next week. You will earn 2 credits in the class you play for the V8 game.

Please post any questions here!
It just as simple as that...
ShadowSword

Re: V8 TEST DAY!!!!!!

Postby Mathis » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:10 pm

5 hour day oh yeah so great!!
We ran four games, one game that was v8. 5 life open-field shatterbattle. Mannanan reeved it. The line-up was as follows:

Note: These teams are probably a little wrong, I got turned around as I was switched halfway through.

Team 1: Sparkly Vampires
Blackthorne - 6 Paladin, 4 pts armor
Shadowsword - 6 Healer, Phoenix Tears/GUM for days
Mathis- 5 Warrior, 1 pt armor
Trog- 3 Monk
Baer - 3 Monk
Ivan- 2 Druid
Soki - 1 Assassin

Team 2: Spooky Vampires
Groo - 5 Archer - 3 Pinning Arrows
Garlock - 5 Warrior, 6 pt breastplate
Gorilla- 4 Warrior 1 pt armor
William - 4 Wizard (didn't know new spells very well, took magic bolt, lightning bolt; I didn't see any other spells happen?)
Gale - 3 Healer - Rechargeable Res!
Kallado(!) - 1 Monk ???

Summary:
Phoenix Tears used well by the Sparkly Vampires made it seem as if Sparkles would rule the Vampire Kingdom hereafter; I was swapped to the Spooky Team as the Phoenix Tears ran out and Sparkles switched to GUM while the Spooky Team Healer proceeded to use rechargeable resses to keep our life counts up for the Spooky to grind down the Sparkles and achieve glorious confusing victory.

Some comments I heard:
The armor became confusing at some moments with the Archer and the Paladin armor that resulted in some premature Paladin deaths. Both Healers seemed like the MVP for a shatter game. The Druid felt a little useless with the low-level options. I, as 5th Warrior, ended up with 4 lives remaining; I never used Shake It Off but I found that Scavenge made me feel like a tiny freight train. Paladin looked weak on paper but enjoyed the Pro-Mag.

Overall:
Some people thought the rules were not as fun as v7, others were more enthusiastic about the changes. People generally agreed it played like a different game. I think if people thought about class roles and when to use certain abilities they would be more effective. It was generally agreed that if we did this more often and got used to the rules that games would probably run smoother, people would strategically use spells/abilities, and that it would be easier to form a solid critique of v8.
Mathis

Re: V8 TEST DAY!!!!!!

Postby Mannanan » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:10 pm

Thank you, Mathis and Shadow Sword for organizing our play-test. This was the smoothest one yet. Next time I hope to get in there and fight too.
- Baronet Mannanan, MaA to Baronet Torbjorn Kegslayer Esq.
Mannanan

Return to Duchy of Crimson Wood - Rohnert Park, CA