New to Rohnert Park/Amtgard.

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Crimson Wood

Moderators: Drenth, bill the nun

New to Rohnert Park/Amtgard.

Postby JuTT » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:54 pm

Hey people, I just came out here from Maryland. Was curious as to whether or not you guys had any practices going on, weekly or non? Fought a lot of Darkon and Dagorhir, left my gear at home. So basically, if there are practices or something similar, what's the chances someone would temporarily have a spare stick or something?
JuTT

Re: New to Rohnert Park/Amtgard.

Postby Mathis » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:27 pm

We have weekly practices every Saturday at 11 am at Eagle Park! People are usually fully assembled by 12. We have loaner weapons and I also have many extra weapons. I haven't played Darkon or Dag, but this game is faster and less heavy contact than Bel (which I've heard is similar). There's also a Bel group in San Rafael that meets Tuesdays and Sundays that I've been meaning to go to. Hope to see you out at the park!
Mathis

Postby JuTT » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:38 pm

That'd be great, and appreciated. I'll be having a bunch of my cores and foam shipped over sometime within the next couple months. I also just joined a family in a way. There's a 13 year old boy that's part of it, and seems pretty interested in the idea of stickfighting/larping. What's the minimum age allowed for amtgard? Or at least your guys' chapter? We have a lot of amtgard fighters that participate in Darkon and Dagorhir and Bellegarth. The adjustment shouldn't be difficult for me, I'm pretty diverse lol. Mathis, is it okay to ask for you if/when I show up this Saturday? Also, I haven't brought garb with my either.. This saturday is just a practice? So I'm guessing no mandatory garb?
JuTT

Postby Mannanan » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:58 pm

Saturdays are actually our full game days. As of right now we don't have an established fighter practice schedule but we do have some very skilled fighters who I am sure would help you get back in to your groove.

As for our minimum age, our rules state that a player must be 14. In the case of your friend we can discus making an exception to allowing him to play if his parent was present at the field with him on the days he shows up to play.
- Baronet Mannanan, MaA to Baronet Torbjorn Kegslayer Esq.
Mannanan

Postby JuTT » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:11 pm

Okay, thanks. And sorry to keep bugging you, but is it forgiveable to go without garb for an event or two here?
JuTT

Postby SirEuric » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:32 pm

Typically first month to six weeks we are not jerks about garb/equipment. We are also having one of our bigger events on May 9-12 if you want to try to make it. Look on upcoming events for War of the Darkshore.
Sir Euric Bloodstone
SirEuric

Postby Fiks » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:30 pm

Even if you could only make it a single day, Saturday the 11th would be a good day to visit Darkshore down in King City. Check out the thread Euric mentioned, but we'll understand if you opt yourself out. Get to know the fine folks of Crimson Wood before you come to one of our big camp outs, if you'd like.
"How harmful overspecialization is. It cuts knowledge at a million points and leaves it bleeding."—Hari Seldon
Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brotha', I hurt people. Bonk!
Fiks

Postby Mathis » Wed May 01, 2013 4:05 pm

You can ask for me at the park, our attendance is something like 14 a week so I shouldn't be hard to spot. There's loaner garb, but CW is pretty lax and generally more focused on hanging out and having fun. Would definitely recommend the Darkshore event if you enjoy larger battles and camping. (It is the best thing)
Mathis

Postby SirEuric » Wed May 01, 2013 7:06 pm

Mathis is the 6'7" giant with a full beard and the HUGE double headed Battle axe. And He's usually grumpy so be warned

jk
Sir Euric Bloodstone
SirEuric

Postby JuTT » Thu May 02, 2013 10:01 am

Yeah shouldn't have too much trouble finding him. Lol.. 14 or so is fine for right now, I need to brush up a little. Most of the people in my unit have fought amtgard back in Maryland. Dagorhir hosts an event in Pennsylvania (used to be in Ohio) called Ragnarok. It's each June and has had an attendance of 1200+. I prefer and miss the campouts. Just don't currently have enough time to invest. Trying to get grounded here first before I participate in anything that lasts more than 8 hours, lol.
JuTT

Postby Water Hammer » Sun May 05, 2013 11:31 am

Since, you come from DARKON, biggest differences is Reeves replace Elders, much more informal start times, and no $5 start fee or late fee.
Baronet Water Hammer, Stalwart of Crimsonwood
Crimsonwood Rocks!!! I am humbled by your friendships.
Amtgard is the greatest thing my kids ever dragged me into.
Water Hammer

Return to Duchy of Crimson Wood - Rohnert Park, CA