CrimsonWood Food Fight Efforts!

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Crimson Wood

Moderators: Drenth, bill the nun

CrimsonWood Food Fight Efforts!

Postby GALE StrongHammer » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:37 pm

This is the place to put up ideas or dates for CW food fight.

Updated (8/30/13)Currently:

WaterHammer is looking into getting a date for CrimsonWooders to help sort and stack cans at redwood empire food bank.

Ivan has contacted his friend about us spreading the food fight word at a Friday night farmers market in Rohnert Park. This is on! Let's all go 8/30/13!

Local businesses "Outer Planes" and "Baseball Cards and Memerobilia" have graciously agreed to host collection tins on their counters throughout September.

We also have collection barrels, an additional tin, flyers, brochures, and a poster at our disposal.

General Donations are accepted all days of September.

Anyone else with an idea, or who just wants to know what they can do to help, please post here!
"Just because I can't do it today, doesn't mean I'm not going to be able to do it someday."
GALE StrongHammer

Re: CrimsonWood Food Fight Efforts!

Postby Water Hammer » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:22 pm

Crimson Wood,

Besides our direct efforts there will be three large community events that benefit the Redwoods Empire Food Bank (our chosen recipient) during the target month of September:

1. Sep 20-22, B.R. Cohen Fall Music Festival. Enjoy fabulous music in the winery’s 140 year old olive grove. Proceeds benefit the REFB. Click here for details. http://www.refb.org/html/calendar/event ... 3_BRC.html

2. Sep 21-22, Amercian Cancer Society Relay for Life, Petaluma. Overnight community fundraising event, donated food benefits the REFB. Proceeds benefit the REFB. Click here for details. http://www.refb.org/html/calendar/event ... 22_13.html

3. Sep 20-22, The 19th Annual Fall Sonoma county Home Show. Everything you need to know before you start your home improvement projects! Bring a can or box of food for the REFB and get $2 off admission. Click here for details. http://www.refb.org/html/calendar/event ... 22_13.html

If you plan on attending or assisting as a volunteer at these events let Gale Stronghammer know of your hours and effect on the drives.

We are preparing advertising flyers for Crimson Wood and for our participation in September in Food Fight in support of the Redwoods Empire Food Bank.
Baronet Water Hammer, Stalwart of Crimsonwood
Crimsonwood Rocks!!! I am humbled by your friendships.
Amtgard is the greatest thing my kids ever dragged me into.
Water Hammer

Postby Lady Tamara » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:40 am

You can get permission from store managers to put up tables outside the store and collect for your food bank. It can just be a table with a collection jar, a bake sale, or other gimmick to bring in money.

Members can donate $2.50 a week (or more)for a total of $10 each to help raise money. This can add up fast.

Restaurants have community nights where a portion of the sales go to your group. Great way to raise money.

See's Candy is having a special and you can now purchase just two cases of candy instead of five. This can also be sold at the afore mentioned tables!

Keep up the great work!! I hope to see you at the Raffle at TR at the end of the month, or at Bear-Bear's Charity wrestling match! We have some great raffle items (See images of them on TR's facebook pages), I would hate for you to miss out!!
Wife to Collin the Red
http://www.meetup.com/amtgard-sacramento
Tamara on the AmtWiki
O.R.K.
Facebook
Woman at Arms to Sir Francis of Ravensholm
Lady Tamara

Postby Mannanan » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:01 pm

I have mentioned before that being the halftime entertainment for a Cal-Skate roller derby bout could be fun. There is a bout on 9/28, we could arrange to set up a table for advertisement and collections.

I think relay for life sounds like a fun suggestion, and I know that allot of people in our prime recruiting range show up to that particular event.
- Baronet Mannanan, MaA to Baronet Torbjorn Kegslayer Esq.
Mannanan

Postby Water Hammer » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:53 pm

Try to do as many things as possible in Garb. The new recruiting flyers will be at the park this weekend. Take some, share wherever you go. Great month to get people out and hooked on Amtgard.

CALVIN BALL fundraiser. Bring quarters out on 7 September to mess with the rules.

I would like to schedule the great Calvin Ball Fundraiser for the first park day in September. The game is Calvin ball. A quarter donation gets you a rules change at the intermission. No more than ten rules changes per intermission. I will bring a dry erase board to keep track of all the rules currently in play. The goal is to raise money for food fight, but the experience can be helpful to work out the rules of other classes in your head or to experience parts of the game you have not done before. All funds go right into the can for food fight.

COIN Collections. Put a gatorade or similar jar out in your vehicle or on the counter. Drop all spare change into it during September. Keep no coins for yourself, think constantly about others this month. Bring your collected coins to the park to add to the Food Fight drive.
Water Hammer

Postby Lady Tamara » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:24 pm

Great ideas!! Keep them coming! I want to see you guys really shine! You can be the best!!!
Wife to Collin the Red
Tamara on the AmtWiki
O.R.K.
Facebook
Lady Tamara

Postby Water Hammer » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:05 pm

The results of the efforts at the Relay for Life collection: 280 hours of donated effort, 1565 items donated to REFB due to recruiting by CW AFF warriors. No cash solicitations were allowed or taken.
Water Hammer

Postby Dagny » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:20 pm

So how'd we do? Did we kick some ass and take names? :)
"Mongo only pawn in game of life." ~Mongo, Blazing Saddles
Dagny

Postby GALE StrongHammer » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:15 pm

Final count for food fight!

Cash donations: $323.42
Food item donations: $160.00

Grand total for CW: $483.42!

Good job guys!
"Just because I can't do it today, doesn't mean I'm not going to be able to do it someday."
GALE StrongHammer

Postby Collin the Red » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:40 am

Where did I leave that "LIKE" button.... :?

Good Job CW!
Baron Collin MacAbee current King of Westmarch
Squire to Sir Smiley
Collin the Red

Postby Dagny » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:23 am

After seeing the game-wide Food Fight results, Crimson Wood raised more than some *Kingdoms* did.

That's pretty damn awesome. :D
"Mongo only pawn in game of life." ~Mongo, Blazing Saddles
Dagny

Postby Lady Tamara » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:09 pm

You were all WONDERFUL!!! Thanks so much for your efforts!
Wife to Collin the Red
Tamara on the AmtWiki
O.R.K.
Facebook
Lady Tamara

Return to Duchy of Crimson Wood - Rohnert Park, CA