Reminder and clarification regarding banned members

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Crimson Wood

Moderators: Drenth, bill the nun

Reminder and clarification regarding banned members

Postby Mannanan » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:04 am

As a reminder and clarification for members, a banned members interaction on any established Westmarch/Crimsonwood communication forum (caamtgard.com, Facebook groups, Meet up sights, ect.), as well as interacting with members during park meetings or events is in violation of their ban.
A Crimson wood member has asked if Shawn Ramus had been banned from Westmarch. To clarify, yes he has and his appearances and posting are in violation of his ban.
- Baronet Mannanan, MaA to Baronet Torbjorn Kegslayer Esq.
Mannanan

Re: Reminder and clarification regarding banned members

Postby Hannoske » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:38 am

Gwendair, WM Monarch wrote:A situation has been brought to the Monarchy's attention that we are investigating. At this time Niveus is here by suspended indefinitely from Westmarch Amtgard, depending on the outcome of the investigation. Niveus respects this decision, and is fully aware of the reasons why it has to occur. Out of respect for his privacy and all that are involved, this is all of the specifics of the situation that will be made public at this time.

This decision was made unanimously by the five Westmarch officers.

Gwendair, WM Monarch wrote:Due to the findings of the investigation and the sensitive nature of the accusation, the termination of Niveus’ membership is permanent. This decision has been made unanimously by the five Westmarch officers.

Where in there does it say he can't be on the forums, social media, or at the park? It says his membership is terminated, and he is suspended from Westmarch Amtgard.

According to the current corpora:
ARTICLE X: MUNDANE LAWS
Section 1. GENERAL INFORMATION
1. Members are required to obey all federal, state, city, county, and municipal laws.
2. Violations of the law occurring at Kingdom or chapter functions that endanger members of the Kingdom or the public should be reported to the proper authorities.
Section 2. VIOLATIONS
1. In the event that an individual should be caught and/or proven guilty of (i) assault with a deadly weapon (gun, sword, knife, etc.), (ii) possession or trafficking of narcotics, (iii) serving alcohol to a minor, or (iv) any other felony offense on the premises of any Amtgard function, that individual may be punished by the kingdom.
a. Punishment may include (i) being expelled from the site of the event, (ii) an immediate call to the mundane law enforcement officials, (ii) being stripped of all titles and knighthoods as per this Corpora, (iii) termination of membership permanently or for one year, as per this Corpora, (iv) being banned from Amtgard battlegames, tournaments and events permanently or for one year, at the discretion of the Monarch, Prime Minister, and the Guildmaster of Reeves.
2. In the event that an individual should be caught and/or proven guilty of (i) assault with a non-deadly weapon (fist, stick, flagrant abuse of an Amtgard weapon), (ii) petty theft, (iii) willful destruction of property, or (iv) any other misdemeanor offense on the premises of any Amtgard function, that individual may be punished by the kingdom.
a. Punishment may include (i) being expelled from the site of the event, (ii) an immediate call to the mundane law enforcement officials, (ii) being stripped of any titles and knighthoods as per this Corpora, (iii) termination of membership for three to six months, as per this Corpora, (iv) being banned from Amtgard battlegames, tournaments and for two to six months, at the discretion of the Monarch, Prime Minister, and the Guildmaster of Reeves.
3. Any person subject to any punishment by the kingdom may appeal the decision to the Althing by presenting a petition signed by 20% of the dues-paid members to the Althing and receiving a two-thirds vote of the Althing.

I am not seeing where he can't spend time with people he knows in various media. He may not play or participate in "Amtgard battlegames, tournaments and events". We have no authority to prevent him from interacting with individuals who choose to associate with him and we cannot ban him from public locations. Banning from the official forums/social media, is a separate issue, up to the moderators of those sites. If those moderators choose to ban him in addition to his Monarchy issued ban, that is their call (I think they should, but that is up to them). I believe he should be allowed on a limited basis to present an argument, represent himself in order to properly appeal his ban, if he so chooses.
Hannoske

Postby Mannanan » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:54 pm

After reviewing our corpora it would seem that I have miss understood what a ban includes. Our corpora also looks to be woefully vague on what responses are necessary when a banned member does show up at a park they are banned from, whose responsibility it is to enforce the ban, and what methods of interactions are permissible to a banned member.

nowhere did I state that a banned member should not be allowed to contact friends who are still members in good standing, or that the forums should not be a place to start an appeals process. such things may have been inferred from subtext but were not intended.

Perhaps this is a good point to reevaluate the language in this part of our corpora.

On that note I would like to move this to important isues
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7853
- Baronet Mannanan, MaA to Baronet Torbjorn Kegslayer Esq.
Mannanan

Postby Ka'a Acklie » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:08 pm

I was recently talking to Porkins about the issue that the corpora does not take into account social media. I know many parks handle their social media themselves, but this might be the perfect opportunity to address the issue of who should control the social media (in case there is an issue with the current moderator), and what should and should not be allowed on it.
Fru Squire Ka'a F Acklie

Ego Sum Finis
Ka'a Acklie

Return to Duchy of Crimson Wood - Rohnert Park, CA