Petaluma Comic Con

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Crimson Wood

Moderators: Drenth, bill the nun

Re: Petaluma Comic Con

Postby Bodger » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:24 pm

In this picture, you can see the front grassy area, between the Behrens Park covered picnic area (center-left) and Herzog Hall (right, behind the classy car).
Herzog.jpg

There is another grassy area of comparable size "behind" Herzog and a few smaller areas. The largest single area is a concrete area that you can see the end of in this picture. This seems quite large enough for a game, provided one isn't put off by the concrete nature of it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Jolly Bodger
Bodger

Postby Ka'a Acklie » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:19 am

Water Hammer, what were the results of the discussion at your Nov Althings?
Fru Squire Ka'a F Acklie

Ego Sum Finis
Ka'a Acklie

Postby Bodger » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:55 pm

We have an indoor table! I've asked for a 12 foot table, but we might need to settle for a 6 foot. Do we have a preference as to where our table is located? I was thinking near a door, but perhaps we'd rather be in the crafts area?

Would anyone want to bring something in Arts and Sciences that folks could walk up and do?

Here's the press release:

newsreleaselumacon.docx.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Jolly Bodger
Bodger

Postby Water Hammer » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:47 pm

We will be holding our park day at LumaCon. We will have a display table indoors, two tents outdoors and an area for demonstration and fighting for those willing to waiver in.

Lets hope from some productive recruiting similar to ToyCon. We are flexible and open to assistance and efforts by all. If you play, show up, if you are interested, show up, most important, come on out and show up.
Baronet Water Hammer, Stalwart of Crimsonwood
Crimsonwood Rocks!!! I am humbled by your friendships.
Amtgard is the greatest thing my kids ever dragged me into.
Water Hammer

Postby Bodger » Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:38 pm

There will be rules regarding Costume & Cosplay at LumaCon. I'll put a copy of the draft at the end of this post, but I believe they are generally consistent with AmtGard rules and common sense. There may be some points on which the interpretation made on the spot differs from what you and I might believe to be the proper one, so I plan to, and recommend that we all plan on, being prepared to leave any disputed items in my car. This involves having a backup plan for my equipage to be sensible for the primary activity (introducing new folks to the world of AmtGard), without any controversial items, which in my case will be projectiles and pointy pieces of metal.

LumaCON Costume & Cosplay Rules

LumaCON is a family-friendly convention. Please use common sense, be considerate of other attendees, and be aware of your surroundings.

Cosplay Rules
LumaCON encourages attendees to show their enthusiasm by dressing for the occasion! Awesome costumes really add to the atmosphere. In order to make it fun and safe for all attendees, LumaCON is setting a few ground rules:
• LumaCON is family-friendly. Keep it PG.
• Cover your body parts. “No Costume” is not a costume. “Paint” is not a costume either. No intentional or unintentional wardrobe malfunctions allowed. Please make sure your costume is sturdily constructed; this includes proper undergarments. If your costume is deemed to be too revealing or offensive, you will be asked to cover up or change.
• Wear protective footwear at all times. This means some sort of hard sole – stocking feet are not sufficient. We know a lot of characters like to run around barefoot, but since they are fictional, they don’t have to worry about tetanus.
• Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate. Exhibitors should not use sexualized images, activities, or other materials. Booth Staff (including volunteers) should not use sexualized clothing/uniforms/costumes or otherwise create a sexualized environment.
• If you’re not within guidelines, you will be asked to cover up.

Military Dress.
• All military, law enforcement and other emergency service costumes should be easily distinguishable from official uniforms.
• Hate symbols, even historical hate symbols like swastikas, will not be tolerated.
• Basic rule of thumb: if your clothing could be confused with local law enforcement, please don’t wear it.

Weapons and Prop Policy
No functional weapons are allowed at LumaCON. Simulated or costume weapons are allowed as part of your costume, subject to prior approval by security and compliance with the following guidelines:
• All costume weapons must conform to state, federal, and city law.
• All simulated or costume weapons are subject to inspection by security or convention staff.
• Metal weapons are not permitted. Costume weapons should be made of lightweight materials such as foam, cardboard, or plastic.
• Metal armor or shields are only acceptable if you can demonstrate that the edges are dull and could not injure anyone. Metal tools are acceptable as long as they are 7 inches or under in length.
• Wooden or metal bats are not permitted. This includes (but is not limited to) baseball bats, cricket bats, furniture legs, golf clubs, or paddles.
• No projectile weapons (including but not limited to airsoft or paintball weapons) are allowed.
• Do not brandish costume weapons or props in a threatening manner. Be aware of how security personnel may interpret your actions, in or outside of convention areas.
• Keep costume weapons in convention areas. If you leave the LumaCON premises, please put away any costume weaponry (even if it clearly looks fake).
• If you do not want to have your costume weapons inspected and tagged, or if you are unwilling to comply with these policies, please leave them at home. Failure to willingly comply with LumaCON official cosplay rules and weapons policy may result in ejection from the convention without a refund and/or potential legal action, if necessary.
• LumaCON reserves the right to inspect all costumes and weapons on an individual basis in order to ensure that the event remains completely safe and family-friendly. Those who violate these rules assume all responsibility in the event of injury.

Other Notes.
• There will be a cosplay “first aid” location on site. Please do not bring items such as hot glue guns, scissors, needle and thread, etc., as any costuming issues will be able to be resolved by LumaCON staff or volunteers. The Cosplay First Aid Station is located next to the XXXXX.
• Consider bringing a change of clothing if your costume is restrictive or if there is danger of overheating.
• Roller blades, roller skates and skateboards will not be allowed in the convention center.
• Service animals are allowed, assuming they are wearing the proper identification and you pick up after them.
• Photography is not allowed in high-traffic areas. This includes near doors and in busy hallways. Please move to a designated photography area.
• LumaCON cannot be responsible for damage incurred to your costume during the convention, and the staff reserves the right to ask you to change if your outfit is not acceptable.
• LumaCON reserves the right to alter rules or policies to protect public safety or ensure a safe and successful convention.
• Participants found to be in violation of these rules will be subject to removal from the convention.

Draft, rev. 11-13-2014
The Jolly Bodger
Bodger

Previous

Return to Duchy of Crimson Wood - Rohnert Park, CA