Maker Faire?

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Crimson Wood

Moderators: Drenth, bill the nun

Maker Faire?

Postby Bodger » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:41 pm

I'm a big fan of Maker Faire, http://makerfaire.com/ and plan to go May 15 or 16th.

For anyone not familiar with it, it's a massive geekfest covering the entire San Mateo Fairgrounds with people who make things (mostly for themselves). The gamut runs from fire-breathing dragons (real fire, robotic dragon) to a band that plays through a giant Tesla coil. There is an entire pavilion devoted to fiber arts and the RC boat people put on a naval battle with live ammunition.

Last year, the medieval area was fairly small, perhaps a half-dozen exhibits, mostly static displays, but we could make a big splash.

Would anyone be interested in making a presentation of some sort there? If so, the deadline for entries is Sunday, February 15.

I have a sense that there is a fair overlap between AmtGard and Makers, so less of a sense as to whether this would be a good venue for CW.

This might be an occasion to join up with Ashen Spire, Wyvern's Spur or the rest of Westmarch.

If we don't end up doing a presence, would anyone else be interested in carpooling?
The Jolly Bodger
Bodger

Re: Maker Faire?

Postby Water Hammer » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:38 pm

This is the weekend after Darkshore, so very possible.
Baronet Water Hammer, Stalwart of Crimsonwood
Crimsonwood Rocks!!! I am humbled by your friendships.
Amtgard is the greatest thing my kids ever dragged me into.
Water Hammer

Postby Collin the Red » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:05 am

Tag in Wyvern Spur, I believe some of them were looking in to this as a demo last year.
Baron Collin MacAbee current King of Westmarch
Squire to Sir Smiley
Collin the Red

Postby thistledown » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:45 am

Yes, I've wanted to do a demo there for a while, but between darkshore and the memorial day cons, it's been hard to drum up interest in it.
thistledown

Postby Malachi Mortis » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:23 am

Having gone in previous years, I can vouch for how much fun it is. Not going this year due to cost and time, but totally recommend it. And see ArchAttack if you can, totally worth it. Maybe we could do some demonstrations on making swords and stuff.

Erik
Malachi Mortis

Return to Duchy of Crimson Wood - Rohnert Park, CA