Declarations for Office (Summer Reign and BoD)

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Crimson Wood

Moderators: Drenth, bill the nun

Declarations for Office (Summer Reign and BoD)

Postby Water Hammer » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:07 pm

Election Time (Time of the Crown) Announcement
for the Duchy of Crimsonwood

Our Elections in the coming month shall be conducted by the Prime Minister (me). Declarations of your intent to run for office are due by midnight 12 Apr 2015. You may declare any of the following three ways, but we prefer you do all three to provide the widest dissemination: (1) Declare on this thread in a comment below; (2) declare on Facebook on the unofficial declaration thread linked below; and (3) declare in public at the park at the all-thing that will be convened April 4, 2015.

The Board of Directors elections are overdue and so shall also be conducted at this same time. As I have an automatic seat on the BoD and am not going anywhere, I shall conduct this election as well.
The BoD, once elected shall hold its own elections for the positions of Secretary, Treasurer, President, and Vice President.

The winner of any election requires a simple plurality vote *(unless this section of the corpora is changed by the scheduled all-thing vote in Apr)*. A plurality vote is one in which the winner is determined by receiving more votes than the next highest person/item on the ballot.

In cases where a candidate is running unopposed, the candidate must pass a vote of confidence in order to win the election. If a candidate loses a vote of confidence, anyone who qualified during Crown Qualifications may declare their intent to run for that office. A second election shall be held in one (1) week by the Prime Minister. If no one is qualified to run for office, an Althing shall be held to appoint pro-tem officers. All pro-tem officers must have passed a reeves and open book corpora test. The order of precedence for pro-tem positions shall be as follows: (1) Those that entered Crown Qualifications and have passed a Reeve and open book Corpora test; (2) Those that have passed a Reeve and open book Corpora test. (3) Anyone who wishes to run for the position. (4) Only voting members may vote in an election.

Crown qualifications and tournament will be April 18, 2015 during the normal park day.

Elections shall be on April 25, 2015. Coronation and installation of officers shall be May 16, 2015.

Please contact Sir Blackthorn for Corpora and Reeves tests.

Respectfully in Service,

Baronet Waterhammer
Prime Minister
Duchy of Crimsonwood

https://www.facebook.com/groups/183571551667845/
Baronet Water Hammer, Stalwart of Crimsonwood
Crimsonwood Rocks!!! I am humbled by your friendships.
Amtgard is the greatest thing my kids ever dragged me into.
Water Hammer

Re: Declarations for Office (Summer Reign and BoD)

Postby Baernoir » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:48 pm

I Lord Baernoir the Virtuous declare for Monarch of Crimson Wood. Happy now?
"Read like a butterfly, write like a bee."
-Philip Pullman
Baernoir

Postby Water Hammer » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:03 pm

Very.
Baronet Water Hammer, Stalwart of Crimsonwood
Crimsonwood Rocks!!! I am humbled by your friendships.
Amtgard is the greatest thing my kids ever dragged me into.
Water Hammer

Postby Malachi Mortis » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:31 am

I Malachi Mortis declare for captain of the guard.
Malachi Mortis

Return to Duchy of Crimson Wood - Rohnert Park, CA