LumaCon 2016

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Crimson Wood

Moderators: Drenth, bill the nun

LumaCon 2016

Postby Bodger » Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:18 pm

It's on the 30th of January. The first one was generally thought of as successful and we've been invited back.

It'll be at Lucchesi Center this year, a much bigger building.

I spoke to one of the organizers, Diana Spaulding, and she was enthusiastic and would like to work out the details. I think she spoke to Mia, but hasn't heard anything back.

I apologize for kind of dropping the ball; there were reasons, but this isn't the best place to discuss them. I don't want to step on any toes, but I'll try to facilitate things.

The Bodger will be there regardless, in full battle array. The dragon tent didn't seem to make much difference, so I'll leave it behind, unless someone asks for it. Perhaps we can figure out a way that Water Hammer doesn't end up hoarse, are at least isn't alone. Hunt-the-Goblin was very popular, but I'm sure there are fun alternatives.
The Jolly Bodger
Bodger

Re: LumaCon 2016

Postby Drenth » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:57 am

Bodger wrote:It's on the 30th of January. The first one was generally thought of as successful and we've been invited back.

It'll be at Lucchesi Center this year, a much bigger building.

I spoke to one of the organizers, Diana Spaulding, and she was enthusiastic and would like to work out the details. I think she spoke to Mia, but hasn't heard anything back.

I apologize for kind of dropping the ball; there were reasons, but this isn't the best place to discuss them. I don't want to step on any toes, but I'll try to facilitate things.

The Bodger will be there regardless, in full battle array. The dragon tent didn't seem to make much difference, so I'll leave it behind, unless someone asks for it. Perhaps we can figure out a way that Water Hammer doesn't end up hoarse, are at least isn't alone. Hunt-the-Goblin was very popular, but I'm sure there are fun alternatives.

That is my fault, I was passed the contact info and haven't gotten back to her (that being remedied as I type). Our regent had nothing to do with me forgetting to contact Diana. The CW crown is planning on handling Lumacon this year, but if we need any help/if you have any ideas I would love to hear them.
Odinmadr
Drenth

Postby Bodger » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:11 pm

Drenth and I have been in touch with one of the LumaCon organizers; we're officially part of LumaCon. Here's what I told her:

The thinking is that we'll do stuff kind of like last year, since that
seemed to work fairly well. On that assumption, I'll talk mainly about
things that we'd like to do differently, but feel free to confirm any
points that aren't clear.

I see you've already heard that we're going to adhere closely to Amtgard
Corpora, which specifies a minimum age of 14 for battlegames. We welcome
participation in all other activities and viewing by younger folks, To
the extent feasible, if you could help set the expectations of others in
this, that would be very helpful.

Gale is working on a variant of the hunt-the-goblin quest that will
encourage the younger set to BECOME goblins.

I imagining that we would use the grassy area on the north side of
Lucchesi for battlegaming, alternating with demonstrations. I case of
inclement weather, we'd like to use the covered walkway on that side for
demonstrations, although the concrete won't be suitable for full-action
gaming.

We'd like a somewhat larger interior space, preferably 2 tables near the
north side entrance. Dagny was thinking of a larger display of medaeval
items, some of which would be for sale as a fundraiser for Crimson Wood.

There was a rumor of another LARPing activity going on that CW could take
a turn participating in. If I knew more details, I'd be glad to share
them with CW.
The Jolly Bodger
Bodger

Postby Drenth » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:31 pm

I got in contact with Diana today and we spoke on some matters concerning the convention. I will be putting out a call to get some volunteers to work our booth and help run some events other than the main demo.
Odinmadr
Drenth

CosPlay Event at Library

Postby Bodger » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:40 am

Are any of us going to participate in the CosPlay prep event this Saturday? http://sonomalibrary.org/events/2016-01 ... -lumacon-0
I'm going to go and see how I can help things out, but I'm not a brilliant costumer. This might be a good venue for some of the more costumey folks to make some valuable suggestions.
The Jolly Bodger
Bodger

Re: CosPlay Event at Library

Postby Drenth » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:25 pm

Bodger wrote:Are any of us going to participate in the CosPlay prep event this Saturday? http://sonomalibrary.org/events/2016-01 ... -lumacon-0
I'm going to go and see how I can help things out, but I'm not a brilliant costumer. This might be a good venue for some of the more costumey folks to make some valuable suggestions.

I will post this on the facebook page.
Odinmadr
Drenth

Return to Duchy of Crimson Wood - Rohnert Park, CA