Chancellor's Agenda Announcement

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Crimson Wood

Moderators: Drenth, bill the nun

Chancellor's Agenda Announcement

Postby bill the nun » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:41 am

Greetings my lovely populace of C Dubs!

As your new local chancellor, I would like to introduce myself to those of you that don't know me as I've been sparse locally for a while; and tell you a little bit of what I've got lined up as part of this tour of service.

I've been a member of the Crimsonwood chapter since it's beginning in 2003, I've served as Monarch for 2 reigns, Regent for 2 reigns, a few other monarchy roles a few times, and this would be my 2 ½ time serving as PM (I've served as pro-tem as well). Thank you for trusting me with your records, I promise not to break them! Thank you to Waterhammer for taking care of them previously as well as handing them off to me in such great shape!

On to the fun stuff-- as chancellor, I will be working closely with the other monarchy to encourage attendance and keep our land thriving. Although I will not be able to attend every Saturday as I have some other current obligations, don't fret--things have been worked out with the rest of the monarchy to make sure a sign in sheet will always be available to you so the records will still be updated every week as promised.

Now, how will we keep C Dubs as awesome as ever?

Attendance Drives
-Bring a friend to Amtgard! For any one person that you introduce to Amtgard that attends at least 6 local park day functions within 3 months, you will receive an additional class credit to be awarded in the class of your choice (normal requirements for class credit accumulation applies)! There will be an additional spot on the waiver for your friend to label you as their referral, so-- make sure they fill it out to receive credit!

-Adult Swim! Veterans of Crimsonwood will have an “Adult swim” game, level restrictions apply. This will be enacted so that those that once had a great handle on Amtgard version 7.2 or earlier will have a chance to learn the 8.0 rules set with people of similar knowledge levels. This should encourage our veterans to attend Amtgard again and boost our attendance as an added bonus. The PM will coordinate and announce any Adult Swim events. (TBD)

Attendance Maintenance
-Attendance awards: Part of my job is recording attendance, but I also wanted to find a way to show appreciation for you actively attending days and being a familiar face! I'm going to be fleshing out the idea behind this, so feedback would be appreciated. Awards would be in the form of belt favors, patches etc, and qualifying for them would be criteria such as: attendance for 1 consecutive month, 20 weeks within a reign, volunteer at an event (land fundraiser etc), volunteer to autocrat a land event, volunteer at a kingdom event, etc. Awards will be presented as part of court or potentially at althings. Again, if anyone has any ideas on what they think would be successful or haven any feedback on this topic, please send me a private message, thanks!

-Punctuality awards: I know that sometimes it's hard to get up and moving on a Saturday, but your friends are anxious to start sparing with you! If more people show up on time, we can pack more games in the day and make a great show for people that find our website and want to check us out-- being there on time will make us look even more awesome. To encourage this, I will be providing breakfast items (when I am at the park) to populace who are signed in by 11 am. Hopefully we'll see a great response to this and get a snack to start the day!

-Dues Drive: It's really important to be active in your land not only to play, but to be active in the decisions made to make your park even better as well as your kingdom. As such-- being a dues paid member enables you to have voting ability for althing topics, and everyone should participate in making C Dubs and Westmarch even better so they can thrive for years to come! To encourage more people to get involved, I will be accepting donations at any park day to go into dues funding. Once enough money has been aquired, I will then look at attendance records to see who has the most attendance in the reign and award the dues to the lucky member at the next althing. I am hoping this will also increase tithes to the kingdom so that we can all benefit from this goal.

Record maintenance
I will be requesting that every member take a moment to fill out a new waiver so that we can make sure that our records are kept up to date. I will denote the need for a new waiver to be filled out by highlighting your name on the sign in sheet-- if you see your name highlighted, please see me to get up to date.

I look forward to an awesome reign and can't wait to get better acquainted with everybody! Please let me know if there's anything in addition to the above that you think we can improve on or add to the list via a private message. Thanks :)
bill the nun

Re: Chancellor's Agenda Announcement

Postby bill the nun » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:06 am

Adult swim inaugural day! March 5th I hope to see some familiar faces and make them familiar to you if they're not. Looking forward to it :D
bill the nun

Re: Chancellor's Agenda Announcement

Postby bill the nun » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:36 am

I have updated awards listings on the ORK, please check your page for anything missing/duplicates/etc so that I can fix it for you :D Thanks!
http://amtgard.com/ork/orkui/index.php? ... rk%2Findex%
bill the nun

Return to Duchy of Crimson Wood - Rohnert Park, CA