Land Contracts

Forum for members of the Westmarch BOD

Moderator: ravenb

Land Contracts

Postby sirnakita » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:29 pm

Hello.

Not all lands have submitted Westmarch Contracts. Is there going to be a deadline to submit contracts? What are the repurcussions of not submitting contracts?

Nakita
sirnakita

Re: Land Contracts

Postby Azus » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:11 pm

Officially, they get the boot out of Westmarch. No contract with Westmarch means legally they're not affiliated with Westmarch. I don't know if Dragonspine will honor their contract; I think that contract was based on being part of Westmarch. Thus, they revert to freehold status.

When I sent the message out I didn't point out that no contract with Westmarch meant no longer part of Westmarch; however one land (I think Ashen Spire) did buzz me asking clarification about that point.

Checking my caamtgard outbox, looks like all messages have been read...

I think a followup to missing lands, pointing out that no contract means they're a freehold may be in order, and give a hard deadline of 2 months.
Azus

Postby Ka'a Acklie » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:19 pm

Who has sent theirs in? I personally dropped off TR's months ago directly at the post office
Fru Squire Ka'a F Acklie

Ego Sum Finis
Ka'a Acklie

Postby SirEuric » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:55 am

I have received: Wavehaven, thor's Refuge, Wyvern's Spur, Siar Geata and Seven sleeping Dragon's has been asked to resubmit theirs as they wrote in all B O D members names instead of leaving them blank.
Sir Euric Bloodstone
SirEuric

Postby Etah » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:18 pm

Has Grimbold of Harefor been given a contract to fill out for Aegir's Hall?
~Baronet Squire Etah Landshark
Corsair
Shire of Aegir's Hall

"Hate is a strong word, but I found out if you say it backwards what appears is a bald nerd." - MC Nameloc
Etah

Postby SirEuric » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:46 pm

It is at the back of the Kingdom Corpora to print out Found here: http://www.caamtgard.com/docs/kingdom/w ... 13-web.pdf page 107 Signatures are necessary, leave blank for BOD members and send to P o box 660992 Sacramento, Ca 95866-0992 .
Sir Euric Bloodstone
SirEuric

Postby Azus » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:43 pm

Having received a couple questions, and seen a post on I forget who's facebook page, I think we should officially clarify the status of subgroups relation to Westmarch in regards to contracts. I'll toss a suggested statement up here, if we need to perhaps we can roll this into tomorrows meeting (*sigh* like it wont be long enough), vote on it, and publicize it. It might be worth getting Jareth's opinion on this, as prior monarch, and if he agrees to have him 'sign' his name to it (mostly by posting somewhere that he agrees)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Principality, all sub groups were part of Dragonspine, with contracts signed with Dragonspine. Sub groups were considered part of Westmarch as mutual agreement via allthing. As part of accession to kingdom, existing chapters of the Principality of Westmarch were 'grandfathered' into the Kingdom and continued on this relationship per prior mutual agreement. However for corpora requirements and other reasons (nb: do we need to spell out tax reasons / use of ein?), contracts need to be updated to reflect the new reality that Westmarch has split from Dragonspine.

The corpora gives one item regarding time limits for contracts: "The Sponsored must ... sign this agreement and send it by registered mail to the receipt by Westmarch within one (1) year of the Sponsored Chapter's formation as an Amtgard group."

Obviously in many cases this timeline will cause issues - suppose Mistyvale (for example) in 3 years wishes to join Westmarch - they obviously will not sign a contract with us within 1 year of formation! And we could fill up pages with various scenarios. However I think we can use the 1 year as a guideline, setting a hard limit of 1 year from formation as Kingdom for due dates for updated contracts. Obviously we wish to have our paperwork in order sooner, and will want time to rectify any errors, so the bod will set an earlier deadline.

Any land that does not update their contract with Westmarch within a year of us becoming Kingdom (ie, they haven't updated by July 2014) will officially be in violation of corpora, and per corpora not be part of Westmarch. I doubt that any lands will actually be removed from Westmarch, and expect that every sub group will update their contracts as requested.

As prior to Kingdom ascension sub groups were considered part of Westmarch by mutual agreement, and as corpora implies a 1 year time frame, we can also consider any past elections to be official and binding.
Azus

Postby SirEuric » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:56 pm

Checked P O Box today, no new contracts.
Sir Euric Bloodstone
SirEuric

Postby Ka'a Acklie » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:45 am

Who are we missing?
Fru Squire Ka'a F Acklie

Ego Sum Finis
Ka'a Acklie

Postby SirEuric » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:58 am

All lands under Westmarch have to sign them. So far we have only received: Thor's Refuge, Wyvern's Spur, Wavehaven Siar geata, with Seven Sleeping Dragons needing to re turn theirs in. No other land has been received at this time.
Sir Euric Bloodstone
SirEuric

Postby Ka'a Acklie » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:38 pm

When is their deadline? I've just sent out reminders to every land that hasn't submitted but some of them might be defunct. Will we just shed those like old skin as we're a new kingdom?
Fru Squire Ka'a F Acklie

Ego Sum Finis
Ka'a Acklie

Postby Azus » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:56 pm

Ashen Spire emailed theirs to me end of January, I forwarded that email to Elisa and Robert (seeing how they're checking the PO Box, I sent to them so we'd have them all in one spot). So Santa Clara is good.
Azus

Postby Ka'a Acklie » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:24 pm

YAY!
Fru Squire Ka'a F Acklie

Ego Sum Finis
Ka'a Acklie

Postby Ka'a Acklie » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:34 pm

Siar Geata says they signed it in front of Porkns. Are you sure you don't have it stuffed away somewhere? Do we need to start scanning them in and keeping them on a database?
Fru Squire Ka'a F Acklie

Ego Sum Finis
Ka'a Acklie

Postby Porkins » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:51 pm

Euric has it, it is on his list of contracts received above.
In times like these, it's helpful to remember that there have always been times like these- Paul Harvey
Porkins

Next

Return to BOD