Darkshore 2014

Forum for members of the Westmarch BOD

Moderator: ravenb

Darkshore 2014

Postby Ka'a Acklie » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:08 am

Please discuss issues regarding Darkshore here

Past records of this conversation can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OSK ... sp=sharing
Fru Squire Ka'a F Acklie

Ego Sum Finis
Ka'a Acklie

Re: Darkshore 2014

Postby Dame Ailanthus » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:44 pm

I read through the old conversations, and talked to people privately as well. I'm still not sure how this is being resolved. For clarity's sake, and those, who I haven't talked to directly, I will restate my position.
This year Darkshore is being run as a Westmarch event. WH voted to try opening the bidding process and have the WM monarchy take a bigger role in the running. Mikezilla, as Duke at the time, opened bidding. The bid team was comprised of the WM, and WH monarchs and regents. The bid was awarded late in October, by the previous monarchies. Since then, I have been in contact with both the regent, and monarch of WM to confirm that DS is still being run for WM, and their desired level of involvement.
I have done all the preliminary work for the reservation, but now it is time to go back, and make sure everything is in order. The site requires insurance, and a contract. I asked Ka'a as the president to bring the contracts (insurance, and site use) to the BOD for review, and signing.
Now it gets a little hazy for me. I understood that the Liaison officer would be responsible for signing the contracts, but after a long conversation, Euric said he would not do it. Then I got an email from Nakita saying it was being handled. I'm not sure how it is being handled, and I haven't received anything else. I also saw that Azus, and Etah had volunteered to sign the contracts, but I haven't heard if that had been resolved yet. So what I would like is the name of one BOD member I can work with, who has the authority, and willingness to get this done.
Dame Ailanthus

Postby Ka'a Acklie » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:57 pm

Etah will be contacting you today to handle it since the liaison officer will not.
Fru Squire Ka'a F Acklie

Ego Sum Finis
Ka'a Acklie

Postby Grimbold » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:53 pm

So, why is the person responsible for dealing with the public refusing to deal with the public? I just want it stated here, for all to see.
vincit qui se vincit
vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
Grimbold

Postby SirEuric » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:17 pm

4. The Board of Directors shall elect from their number a Liaison Officer who shall
a. Be responsible for contact with all outside agencies.
b. Maintain a mailing and phone list of all agencies the Kingdom deals with.
c. Maintain copies of all contracts between the Board of Directors and any outside agency or
subsidiary chapter.

This is from our corpora, show me anywhere here or in ANY part of the B O D section where it says I , as Liaison officer , should sign every contract blindly especially when after review of the site contract, I pointed out issues to the autocrat she had no clue existed.

I pointed out the statement about park hours, Ailanthus said she had spoken to the park about this ...awesome 1 fear down. Then I pointed out that WE are responsible for maintenance of the port a potties and maybe even providing extra ones. she said she would speak to the park to confirm this at the next meeting.
Then I pointed out that there is NO SMOKING as this is a county park. This one could be a HUGE issue that she said she had no idea about but would speak with the park on the next meeting. If these things are not in writing, ranger A could say no big deal, Ranger B could call the police, fine us or worse.

These are all concerns I have and I asked to see the bid, which I still maintain once accepted , becomes a contract. If it is no big deal then why can't we look it over. I found issues the autocrats did not in the site contract, where is one more set of cautious eyes a bad thing. I don't want to cause the event not to happen, or take it over or whatever the other rumors are. All I want is for us to make informed choices. We are a non profit now and as such open to much more scrutiny.
Sir Euric Bloodstone
SirEuric

Postby sirnakita » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:35 pm

Just to clarify my position on this issue. I am unclear of the parameters regarding the organization of this event.

The arrangement made by the Westmarch and Wavehaven monarchy is not available for review. For now, all I can confirm is that a group of people with no authority granted by our corpora and who are not approved by any Althing are making unilateral decisions with little to no oversight.

Local land funds are involved, but the autocrats wish to use the Westmarch bod to approve contracts which require the use of those funds. When I asked for a representative of Wavehaven to contact, I was referred to the autocrats.

I am not trying to suggest anything underhanded or improper. I don't understand the refusal to provide full disclosure of the event and questions regarding the arrangement between Westmarch and Wavehaven have gone unanswered. As such, it is difficult to determine the level of liability and what liability, if any, are or should be assigned to the autocrats as the autocrats refuse to associate their names with the insurance policy.

Nakita
sirnakita

Postby Dame Ailanthus » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:35 pm

SirEuric wrote:show me anywhere here or in ANY part of the B O D section where it says I , as Liaison officer , should sign every contract blindly

You told me you had reviewed both contracts, and refused to sign in spite of the majority of the BOD being in favor of it. You were never asked to sign without reviewing the contracts.

SirEuric wrote:especially when after review of the site contract, I pointed out issues to the autocrat she had no clue existed.

Issue, one issue

SirEuric wrote:I pointed out the statement about park hours, Ailanthus said she had spoken to the park about this ...awesome 1 fear down. Then I pointed out that WE are responsible for maintenance of the port a potties and maybe even providing extra ones. she said she would speak to the park to confirm this at the next meeting.

As in, I have talked to the ranger about this already, but it was months ago, and I would be happy to confirm at the pre-event meeting.

SirEuric wrote:Then I pointed out that there is NO SMOKING as this is a county park. This one could be a HUGE issue that she said she had no idea about but would speak with the park on the next meeting.

I missed seeing the one sentence on the 3rd page of the addendum. I am happy to admit that. This is one of the reasons I asked the BOD to review the contract. I'm pretty resentful of how you've handled this. I was trying to do the right thing by having the BOD check the contract, and as far as it went the process worked, in that they found something I missed. Great. I have now heard from 3 different sources that you've told, how I screwed up, and it's been implied pretty strongly that I failed to do my job because of it.

SirEuric wrote:If these things are not in writing, ranger A could say no big deal, Ranger B could call the police, fine us or worse.

Not quite how it works. The paperwork all comes from an office, and they have little contact with the park. If there are any questions about the site itself, or exceptions to any rules, they have told me to address it with the ranger. There is a pre-event meeting with the ranger in charge. I already met with the ranger for the August campout, so I have an idea of how they do things. It's always a good idea to check back, and confirm. All my responses to all your concerns were that I would confirm it with the ranger, not because I had no clue, but because I was trying to be extra careful.

SirEuric wrote:These are all concerns I have and I asked to see the bid, which I still maintain once accepted , becomes a contract.

Section 3. LIMITATIONS OF THE BOARD
The Board has no status in the order of precedence and no jurisdiction over any internal club or local
chapter functions except as noted above.

There is no signed contract to run the event. There is a verbal agreement between the monarchs, regents, and autocrats to run the event. To help with planning we tried to give them as much information as we could about our ideas for the event. There is absolutely no reason the BOD needs to know about the feast menu, schedule of events, or battlegames. The BOD was given access to all contracts, and supplementary materials to those contracts. They were also given the names of the autocrats that the monarchies asked to run the event.

It has been mentioned to me that there is a fear that there is a secret contract between the monarch and the autocrats limiting our liability, and making any possible problems that come up the responsibility of the BOD. I could be wrong, but I don't see how there could be a binding contract to that effect that one party (the BOD) has not signed, or even seen?

SirEuric wrote:If it is no big deal then why can't we look it over. I found issues the autocrats did not in the site contract, where is one more set of cautious eyes a bad thing. I don't want to cause the event not to happen, or take it over or whatever the other rumors are. All I want is for us to make informed choices. We are a non profit now and as such open to much more scrutiny.

In fact, when we asked for money from the althing, we did publish the bid. I did not release the bid to you because it is very specifically outside the scope of the BOD.
Dame Ailanthus

Postby Laoric » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:42 pm

I'm chiming in as a moderator and only as a moderator. This forum is closed to posting for anyone not on the BoD. Anyone can read it, but only a select group can post. Ailanthus is a moderator which is why she can post.

I would suggest, in the interest of having free dialogue, ya'll move this discussion to a forum where other people can chime in.
“I wanna live 'til I die, no more, no less.”
Laoric
Robbie Suxxorz

Postby Azus » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:16 pm

And I misspoke on that facebook thread, yes we did discuss insurance options last year for the Midreign campout and vote to accept one proposal. ><
Azus

Return to BOD