Fal Dare Audit Summer 2014

Forum for members of the Westmarch BOD

Moderator: ravenb

Fal Dare Audit Summer 2014

Postby Ka'a Acklie » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:11 am

Due to some of our members concern about how they will just be arriving home from SKBC when the last audit meeting is scheduled I have moved to bring this item to the forum to ensure that it is public.

We have received a corrected ledger for Fal Dare and with this item they qualify for a pass. The ledger can be viewed here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzd6VK ... sp=sharing

I'd like to put forward the motion to raise their grade to a pass. Will anyone second it?
Fru Squire Ka'a F Acklie

Ego Sum Finis
Ka'a Acklie

Re: Fal Dare Audit Summer 2014

Postby Etah » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:16 am

I will second it
~Baronet Squire Etah Landshark
Corsair
Shire of Aegir's Hall

"Hate is a strong word, but I found out if you say it backwards what appears is a bald nerd." - MC Nameloc
Etah

Postby Ka'a Acklie » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:36 am

Ka'a Votes Aye
Fru Squire Ka'a F Acklie

Ego Sum Finis
Ka'a Acklie

Postby Etah » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:12 am

Paul votes aye
~Baronet Squire Etah Landshark
Corsair
Shire of Aegir's Hall

"Hate is a strong word, but I found out if you say it backwards what appears is a bald nerd." - MC Nameloc
Etah

Postby Porkins » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:44 pm

That ledger seems remarkably like the one they put in their audit file to begin with.
In times like these, it's helpful to remember that there have always been times like these- Paul Harvey
Porkins

Postby Azus » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:47 pm

Were no funds gathered and spent, or did the past monarchy spend money and gather dues and simply not record it? From what I hear, the prior monarchy didn't do paperwork.

If the latter case, we're still missing that information...
Azus

Postby Porkins » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:56 pm

Where do you hear from? I talked with their Monarch and he said that they just did not have any expenses or income since November.

Of course I still feel they should not have been dinged for no crown quals results, as they filled out everything they had done, it just so happened everyone pro-tem'ed this time around so they had no results to post. Holding local crown quals is optional by corpora, it doesn't make sense to punish them for choosing one option over the other.
In times like these, it's helpful to remember that there have always been times like these- Paul Harvey
Porkins

Postby SirEuric » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:01 pm

I too have a difficult time believing that a barony had not a single penny of income or outgo in five months., however if Brian States he verified no income or outgo I will vote pass also.
Sir Euric Bloodstone
SirEuric

Postby Porkins » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:20 pm

I think more discussion is probably needed but if we are voting again, I will change my vote to excellent since holding crown quals is optional and the ledger was verified.
Porkins

Postby Ka'a Acklie » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:24 am

With correction they can only get a pass
Fru Squire Ka'a F Acklie

Ego Sum Finis
Ka'a Acklie

Postby Porkins » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:38 am

It was all there to begin with, the land shouldn't have a pass maximum because the BoD was skeptical the first time round. That would be holding the land accountable for the BoD's mistake.
Porkins

Postby Ka'a Acklie » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:07 pm

Upon review I agree with you. I'll move for an excellent.
Fru Squire Ka'a F Acklie

Ego Sum Finis
Ka'a Acklie

Postby SirEuric » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:21 am

Since when is holding quals optional? Also they did not have full amount of sign in sheets. I vote pass.
Sir Euric Bloodstone
SirEuric

Postby Porkins » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:04 am

Corpora Article VI Section 1.2.b wrote: Each chapter may host its own Crown Qualifications on the same weekend, or within a week of
Kingdom Quals.

That suggests to me that holding quals is optional. It could be that it was meant every land was supposed to hold quals and that only refers to the timeframe. However the Audit section only asks for the results of the most recent quals, but I can't find anything that says they have to hold a quals themselves. So long as they are fine with Pro-tem officers, which they were and is reflected in the Audit.

I could be incredible wrong. If so, then it seems like the corpora could use better wording to make itself more explicit, and I wouldn't be willing to hold a land to it until it was.

Edited to add this: I don't remember any missing sign-ins, you sure that was Fal Dare?
Porkins

Postby Porkins » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:23 am

Upon further review (with comments from a member cough*Deimos*cough) I will vote pass as well. If they had at least one member submitting quals,subpar quals, or even just proof that they held quals but nobody participated, I believe good faith could apply. As that is not the case and there is at least one place in the corpora that states quals must be held every 6 months Fal Dare is missing that item, but not anything else. (I double checked the scans, all sign-ins were present.)
Porkins

Next

Return to BOD