AI contact RE Skyfire Bay Hawaii

Forum for members of the Westmarch BOD

Moderator: ravenb

AI contact RE Skyfire Bay Hawaii

Postby Collin the Red » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:19 pm

Contacted by Diana Winsor of Amtgard International (AI)
Subject: Skyfire Bay and their "FarGaurd" playtesting

Copy pasta:
Diana Winsor
Hey who are the powers that be in west march right now?

Collin MacAbee 2:48pm
Kalevra aka Bryan Wheeler is King. Azuz aka David Zucker is PM. Balias, aka Brody Cross is champion, and Fiks aka Ian Crawford is Regent and BoD president. I'm BoD VP and PM of my local park. Anything else I can help you with?

Diana Winsor 2:49pm
an issue with skyfire bay was brough to me I wanted to bring it back to you all since you sponsor this group

Collin MacAbee 2:50pm
GMR is Gail Stronghammer, aka Olivia Wilson-James
Contract or member?
We are working on getting a person over 18 to sign the contract as the original signer was under 18.
Or is this a different issue.
So per our corpora, contract take it to Fiks, Code of Conduct start with Kalevra.

Diana Winsor 2:56pm
different issue. have you been on their site recently there a a few who are trying to develop and playtest something called "farguard"

Collin MacAbee 2:58pm
I'll look

Diana Winsor 3:02pm
so they at this time do not have a legal contract with westmarch?

Collin MacAbee 3:03pm
Not legal yet to my knowledge, but it might be our failure to sign at the moment.
Do you want me to alert the BoD as this is a contract issue? The king is on the BoD so he will be notified as well.

I found the issue Diana was referring to on both https://m.facebook.com/HawaiiAmtgard/ and https://m.facebook.com/groups/461714920666739

The thread started by Goloka Bernal, if I'm reading this correctly, is very pro-leave amtgard. The RoP they are are testing is Amtgard heavy
FARGUARD BATTLE GAMING
Wound System:
Same As Amtgard.

Weapon System:
Under 1­2’ Light.
Over 2’­4’ Medium
Over 4’ Heavy
Throwing (max 3/player)
Arrows (no max)
*Throwing weapons or spells may not be picked up from the ground except between lives or to
throw them to the base.
*One may return to base and count to 10 to mend a broken weapon or shield or to heal a
wound.

Armor System: Same as Amtgard

Class System
ClericWhite (Saint, Paladin, Druid)
Preferred Weapon: Shield, shields carried by Clerics are indestructible
­ Heal:Touch anyone and say “Healing” x10/7/5. Heals one wound or any effect.
­ Smite: say “Smite” before a melee hit. That weapon has armor destroying and wounds
kill for 5 seconds. 1/2/3/life
­ Lost: “I make thee lost”x3, 10’ Target must move directly to their base, where the effect
is ended.
Choose 1 at 8th level
*Saint: Healing now has a range of 10’
*Paladin: Immune to smite
*Druid: Immune to Lost

AI will be getting back to us soon as to how they wish to proceed.
We should discuss if we should recommend to the King to hold a new althing to recind the invite to SFB or at least have the discussion with them prior to signing the new contract.
Baron Collin MacAbee current King of Westmarch
Squire to Sir Smiley
Collin the Red

Return to BOD