April BoD Meeting 4/23 @ 7:00PM

Forum for members of the Westmarch BOD

Moderator: ravenb

April BoD Meeting 4/23 @ 7:00PM

Postby Fiks » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:03 pm

The Board of Directors for the Kingdom of Westmarch shall be meeting on Saturday the 23rd of April at 7:00PM for our monthly meeting. This meeting shall be conducted on Google Hangouts and can be viewed by anyone interested at this link: YouTube Broadcast. Shortly after the meeting, a video recording can be watched at that link. The agenda for this meeting shall be as follows:

Adjournment and Roll Call

Old Business
Aureus Saltus petition to use WM EIN
WM Tax Filing Status
WM PO Box Keys
BoD Audit of Mistyvale Financials
WM Land Contracts (BF and SfB)

New Business

Open Floor

Meeting Close
"How harmful overspecialization is. It cuts knowledge at a million points and leaves it bleeding."—Hari Seldon
Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brotha', I hurt people. Bonk!
Fiks

Re: April BoD Meeting 4/23 @ 7:00PM

Postby ravenb » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:37 am

Westmarch BOD Meeting April 23, 2016

715 pm call to order
Ian Crawford (Fiks) BOD President
Angel Traub (Vidya) BOD liaison
Baylis Weaver (Ubrik) BOD Treasurer
David Zucker (Azus) Westmarch PM
Jodi Begley (Raven) BOD secretary
Mark James (Waterhammer) BOD alternate
Not in attendance: Brian Wheeler (Kalevra) Westmarch Monarch
Marcus Bergman (Collin MacAbee) BOD Vice President

OLD BUSINESS
I. Aureus Saltus petition to use Westmarch EIN#
They were going to provide information as to what they needed the EIN# for and to whom specifically they were going to submit the # to. As did provide a website with information on the Farmers Market. Looks like you do need to register using the site. They are not collecting funds, demo only, no sales, no donation jar out. Pro: one of our groups gets a chance to do a demo. Cons: Potential for fraud? Someone else gets the number and uses it illicitly. With enough digging, anyone could find the EIN# and use it fraudulently. Looks like they need it to prove they are part of an NPO in order to apply, similar to what is done at Cons and demos.
They have not filled out an actual request form yet. Notes from last meeting: contact AS Monarchy to provide form with data filled in.
Motion to approve letting Aureus Saltus use Westmarch EIN# but without the form filled out for BOD review at this time. Nothing specifically in Corpora that this is a definite requirement, it is decided on a case by case basis.
Vote to offer EIN information and permission without the form now, with the stipulation they then need to fill out the required form and submit it to the BOD.
Angel Y
Baylis Y
David Y
Ian Y
Jodi Y
Mark Y
Motion passes.

II. Westmarch tax filing status
Federal form 990N has been filed. CA 199-N has been filed with Franchise Tax Board. SI100 which needs to filed with the Secretary of State has not been filed yet. Deadline is mid-April. There is a $20 filing fee. If there is a late fee, Baylis will pay. It can be filed online, and needs the names of the principle officers.
Suggestion by Baylis to create a document that outlines this process for the next BOD, e.g. how to create logins, like a “cheat sheet”, with as much information as securely possible. Screenshots will be taken and sent to David for archiving.
Motion to table as there is still one form outstanding, which will be done and posted immediately after this meeting. Follow-up will be done on the forums when it is completed to close this item out completely.
A Y
B Y
D Y
I Y
J Y
M Y
Motion to table WM tax filing status passes.

III. Westmarch PO Box keys
David still does not have a key, but two keys have been distributed to Collin and Kalevra. Euric still has one key, which might be able to be passed to David at Darkshore. A statement provided by Collin “I and Bryan Wheeler have a PO box key, and I have checked the mail twice, and will be mailing the contents to David prior to the meeting on the 23rd. I have scanned all contents and sent that for now; will check the PO Box once more before the meeting”.
Motion to table the issue of key distribution
A Y
B Y
D Y
I Y
J Y
M Y
Motion to table key distribution passes.

IV. BOD Audit of Mistyvale financials
BOD Treasurer Baylis was requested to do a financial audit of Mistyvale, as their current PM Lady Tamara had found some issues with the financials left by the previous 2-3 PM and possibly Monarch. Summary of findings and all data were shared in the forums and is public. In general, the ledgers do not match up well. The proper ledger, detailed by Lady T, back calculates an ending balance for 2015 that does not match the audit and is a higher significantly based on a box total handoff that happened in November. In November, expenses of the Monarchy well exceeded the possible 20% combined amount allowable for PM/Monarch spending. There was no althing confirmed by discussion with Lady T at Flurbtastic. Also in November, there were two charges for coronation feast that appear to have been reimbursed by MV, $8.72 and $35.93, purchased with EBT account which is possibly a legal issue for MV and that party. Exchanging food stamps for cash is illegal. If they had been donated and not reimbursed there would not be this issue. The second half of 2015 audit showed a $27.35 item missing. Mera Jade’s item in ledger showed a line item of $27 average in June for water. A full transcript and link to records is in the forum.
The information has been turned over to Kalevra, the Kingdom Monarch, and he takes it from there. This has occurred, both in person to Kalevra, as well as electronically.
Motion to close this item:
A Y
B Y
D Y
I Y
J Y
M Y

V. LAND CONTRACTS
Bremen’s Fortress: Baylis and David still to sign, then Collin.
Skyfire Bay: We got signatures from their PM and Sherriff, and should be in the mail. Ian got a message from their current PM. We provided confirmation on our POB number so the contract will be sent soon. The Farguard was an individual thing that one gentleman wanted play tested, and not something the park was doing so it is not a concern. The land is playing Amtgard.
Belial Peaks: They will be filling out their form soon. Not as urgent as their deadline date is a way out, since they only recently became a land.
Valley of the Fallen: Haven’t heard back, but they’re working on it.
Motion to table and revisit at next meeting:
A Y
B Y
D Y
I Y
J Y
M Y
Motion passed.

NEW BUSINESS
None. Motion to close meeting:
A Y
B Y
D Y
I Y
J Y
M Y

Meeting adjourned.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ravenb

Re: April BoD Meeting 4/23 @ 7:00PM

Postby Collin the Red » Sun May 01, 2016 7:45 pm

Skyfire Bay Contract received. Signed by Marcus, Jodi and Bryan. In transit with Kelsey to WS.
Can all contracts be brought to Darkshore to get remaining signature items dealt with?
Baron Collin MacAbee current King of Westmarch
Squire to Sir Smiley
Collin the Red

Return to BOD