August 2018 Meeting (Land Audits!)

Forum for members of the Westmarch BOD

Moderator: ravenb

August 2018 Meeting (Land Audits!)

Postby Fiks » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:39 pm

The Board of Directors for the Kingdom of Westmarch shall be meeting on Friday the 17th of August at 7:00PM for our monthly meeting. This meeting shall be conducted on Google Hangouts and can be viewed by anyone interested at this link: YouTube Broadcast. Shortly after the meeting, a video recording can be watched at that same link. The agenda for this meeting shall be as follows:

Call to Order and Roll Call

Reading of the Last Meeting's Minutes

Old Business
  • WMW Contracts
New Business
  • Nymyr's Sanctum Contract
  • FoM XIV Insurance
Land Audits
Open Floor

Schedule September Meeting

Meeting Adjournment
"How harmful overspecialization is. It cuts knowledge at a million points and leaves it bleeding."—Hari Seldon
Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brotha', I hurt people. Bonk!
Fiks

Re: August 2018 Meeting (Land Audits!)

Postby Fiks » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:40 pm

"How harmful overspecialization is. It cuts knowledge at a million points and leaves it bleeding."—Hari Seldon
Fiks

Postby Fiks » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:26 pm

Siar Geata Facebook post with results
Westmarch Facebook BoD meeting post with complaints in the comments

We have received a complaint about the results we voted for the Duchy of Siar Geata. After looking over the information included in the complaint, it does appear that Siar Geata did in fact hold an A&S portion to their Crown Quals. If you recall during the meeting, several of us interpreted that with the way the letter was phrased in regards to Quals being held as "a pizza party" and with the lack of A&S Crown Quals results for the elected officers, we felt that their Crown Quals results were incomplete. After the meeting though, Rose Thorn provided screenshots of a Facebook post made by their official group account listing the results of their Cultural results for Crown Quals and provided a link said post, which I've linked above. As surmised by at least one of the Board to my recollection during the meeting: it does appear that they had a Cultural portion to Quals; just none of their elected monarchy participated.

Having now been provided that information, I feel compelled to ask the Board if we would like to reconsider our results for Siar Geata in regards to their Crown Quals results as required by the Corpora. A change this requirement being completely fulfilled would change their audit rating from a "fail" to a "pass." I will ask that we discuss this matter and post any changes in opinion within a week so that the record for the audit results can be amended and the results for all the groups be posted before the one month deadline. With next weekend being Westmarch Wars though, I will push the deadline to Monday, the 27th of August.

Let me know what you all think and vote.

*edit* Also let me know if you cannot see the Facebook post linked above and I will quote it here.
Fiks

Postby SirEuric » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:42 pm

think all of the people who just don't do quals should have some repercussions, however not our purview. I vote to move them to pass.
Sir Euric Bloodstone
SirEuric

Postby ravenb » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:52 pm

I would vote pass. I think they obviously held Quals, and conducted the A and S portion. Hopefully a learning curve that they need to make sure all their I's are dotted and their T's crossed. In time.
ravenb

Postby sirnakita » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:06 am

Hello.

Here are my thoughts:

1. I think that all pertinent information should be included in the audit. We have too much information to review to search for information in a forum that may or may not be there.
2. I think that a lot of lands find it acceptable to skip the quals process or modify it beyond the requirements outlined in the Corpora. However, Monarchy will have a hard time implementing corrective action as the Corpora doesn't outline consequences.
3 With the additional information, I vote on Pass for Siar Geata..

Nakita
sirnakita

Postby ElSpeth Sharrisselva » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:19 am

Here are my thoughts on it, though I was unable to attend this BoD audit meeting. Submitting the audit material is important. It must be complete and clear or it does no good for the land or the BoD members looking it over. With so much to go over, we don't have time to look for details beyond what is submitted in the audit. I also feel strongly that lands should submit audits, even if they are late (resulting in an automatic fail) because the reason for audits is to see how each land is doing. It tells us where they need help and what they're strengths are. It's not homework, folks. It's a health check-up. I urge every single land to take their audits seriously; train their new Prime Ministers on what needs to be sent and when.

I vote to allow Siar Geata's rating to change to a pass. They've already seen what happens and, hopefully, they will be more clear and concise in their future audits.

ElSpeth
ElSpeth Sharrisselva

Postby Collin the Red » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:49 am

First we need to add a line for the winner of the Cultural Event and their score so if all monarchy are running protem the audit can still pass. Although, if a land is running all protem monarchy, I feel the best they should get is a Pass.

Second, Absolutely change my vote to Pass.
Baron Collin MacAbee current King of Westmarch
Squire to Sir Smiley
Collin the Red

Postby Fenra » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:11 pm

I do not believe the audit paperwork is clear on what should be done if no officers entered the arts and science portion of crown quals. As such, I vote to amend their result to pass.

I believe an addition to the audit should be considered: either a section to note the crown champion and their score, and/or side instructions to include arts and science information with the rest of the required additional documentation.
Fenra

Postby Fiks » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:36 am

It is my intense hope that the apparent trend of lands not fully qualifying their candidates for office is just a convergent blip on the radar and doesn't lead to an actual trend with staying power. The point of Crown Qualifications is to qualify your officers. The scenario where a group would hold quals and their elected candidates would not participate in the A&S portion at all was just plainly un-thought of. With all that said, I do agree that there is sufficient evidence to allow that the group held an A&S portion to their Crown Quals and as such I will vote to upgrade their rating to a pass.

I've plans in adding reminders to attach scans/screenshots of corroborating information to the audit packets in the worksheet. Hopefully that will allow for the likelihood of this scenario repeating itself in the future to be less likely.
Fiks

Return to BOD