Feast of Mars X (Oct 9-12, 2014)

Information about upcoming local and nation Amtgard events

Re: Feast of Mars X (Oct 9-12, 2014)

Postby deimos » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:52 am

In case you missed it, or just wanted to be reminded of a weekend that was packed full of awesomeness, here is the wrap-up:
This year, Feast of Mars X had 148 kick-ass attendees, and even had two walk-ups from the King City area (one hell of a first-day, that's for sure)

Battlegame 1, Tribute to Mars
Team captains Mesreth and Quiet led their teams in a central control-point battlegame. The back and forth affair was largely dominated by Captain Quiet's battle team, but in the end it was Captain Mesreth's choice of Build Captain Karissa D'ann's who lead her build team to win the favor of the judges.
Winner: Team Mesreth/Karissa

Battlegame 2, Thermopylae:
Three teams took turns as the ill-fated Spartans facing off against the two other teams working together as the Persians. Enemies clashed at the Hot Gates while others took the hidden goat path around to crush the flanks. In the end, all three teams managed to hold out for the required 20 minutes. So the winner was decided by fewest number of Spartan deaths.
Winner: Team Aella

Battlegame 3, The Sack of Rome
The Romans and Visigoths fought viciously for every inch of field. Roman senators escaped the clutches of the barbarians, but the Romans failed to rescue kidnapped citizens before they could be drug away. Things looked grim for the Visigoths until a late capture of the Roman high command sparked a comeback. Alas, the spark could not ignite a fire, and the Romans held out to rout the Visigoths and send them packing.
Winning team: The Romans, led by Royal Guard Azus

Saturday saw a full docket of Feast of Mars games, but this time Minerva (portrayed by Dame Sindari) was in charge. She made a grand entrance being wheeled throughout the arena on a chariot pulled by gladiator slaves. Classic Feast of Mars events, such as Drawn & Quartered, Arm Bind, and Last Stand/Rescue, mingled with the new - Ganymede's Run and Medusa's Wrath - and ended with the return of the grand school melee and, of course...chariot races.

As the sun went down, the tables were stocked with fruits, vegetables and bread. Later feasting upon sliced tri-tip and potatoes. The prize table was stocked, winners were announced, and many went home with awesome prizes (in fact, the prize table was stocked so well this year, all gladiators and trainers received a pick!)

The night was capped off by a wedding cake surprise for newlyweds Azus and Ydurna, a few awards and titles bestowed upon worthy individuals, and dancing until late.
In short. Best Feast of Mars. Ever.

In case you were wondering who the big winners were:

Champion of Mars = Exile of Andor (Belegarth)
Top Trainer = Dagny of CW
Team MVPs, as chosen by their respective trainers:
Yellow: Lykos Oberon of Seven Sleeping Dragons
Green: Draven of Seven Sleeping Dragons
Red: Belias of Thor's Refuge
Purple: Sir Quiet of Northern Holdfast (Iron Mountains)
Orange: Eggman of Iron Mountains
Blue: Kalevra of Thor's Refuge

The overall placings for the Special division (by number of points) were:
1st (Tied): Purple and Green
3rd (Tied): Yellow and Red
5th: Orange
6th: Blue

More winners!
Archery Tourney = Sir Quiet of Northern Holdfast (Iron Mountains)
Quest Tent = Rusty of Wavehaven
A&S Tourney = Sir Deimos of Seven Sleeping Dragons
Early Bird Tourney winner = Mathis of Wavehaven
Winner of the Impromtu Wedding Cake to Face Throwdown: Ydurna, via cake-slide.

But the real winners of Feast of Mars was everyone who loves good fighting, good company, and/or good food and drink.

A big thank you to everyone who traveled (especially those who traveled great distances) to come support our event. At the end of the day, its you who make the event great.
Deimos
GMR of SSD
deimos

Postby deimos » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:43 pm

Feast of Mars lost and found:
The following is a list of items left orphaned after Feast of Mars. Please send me a private message describing one of the objects in the list if you believe it to be yours:

Bucket o' tools
Quilted tunic
Black Athletic Works t shirt
Nike hooded sweatshirt
Folding chair
Navy colored ladies tank top
Long jacket
Small rip stop bag (likely for holding folding tent poles)
Long sash with black frilly things on the ends
Deimos
GMR of SSD
deimos

Postby SirEuric » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:58 am

Thank you again to all the crats, that made this a great event. Huge thank you to Keluric and Gwendair who carried this passion for ten years providing money, labor, creativity and everything else that has gone to evolve this into California Amtgard 's best attended event. Thank to to everyone that put blood, sweat and tears into making this a great event. Hopefully the next team will make you all proud with their efforts.
Sir Euric Bloodstone
SirEuric

Postby Griffin » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:34 pm

So, there are a couple people out there with handwriting that I can't quite translate to the ORK. If you or your PM can please let me know if you are one of these people, I can try to resolve the issue:

Aegir's Hall:
Johnnie Rodrigues, Persona: Iron/Iroh [No Result]

Crimson Wood:
Stephen Blu?e, Persona: Jo?? [No Result]

Siar Geata:
Persona: Exile

Thor's Refuge:
Adam Pfaunkuche, Persona: Volstagg [No Result]
Aryah Carr, Persona: Zaya [Noodle] Kat [No Result]
Cameron Begley, Persona: Little Monkey [No Result]

Wavehaven:
Persona: B. Sugah
Last edited by Griffin on Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Griffin
Squire to Sir Deimos
Griffin

Postby Scorch Flamedancer » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:36 am

I'll take care of Exile's credits
My body is my sword, my mind is my blade. Without them, I would be nothing.
Scorch Flamedancer

Postby Misty » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:13 pm

For Wavehaven, David's name is still under vaddix

Also if you check against the master list you might be able to double check spelling of mundane names. I can check when we come down this weekend.
Lady Misty of Wavhaven
Misty

Previous

Return to Upcoming Events