Feast of Mars X (Oct 9-12, 2014)

Information about upcoming local and nation Amtgard events

Re: Feast of Mars X (Oct 9-12, 2014)

Postby Katnchains » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:06 pm

I would like to volunteer as an owner for this year. Blue if possible.
Katnchains

Postby Azalin » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:23 pm

I would like to volunteer as Green trainer again, if that hasn't been taken (I'm open to other colors if Green's been taken).

Azalin
Azalin

Postby Dagny » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:27 am

I'd like to volunteer for Ownership of Purple please!
"Mongo only pawn in game of life." ~Mongo, Blazing Saddles
Dagny

Postby deimos » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:01 am

The (tentative) schedule!

Thursday
3 PM: Site Opens (This means you are not permitted on site until 3pm)
7 PM: Early Bird Tourney
7:30 PM – ?: Lit Ditch
8:00 PM - ?: Open Cocktail Bar (21 and over) (Brought to you by R.E.D.)

Friday
8 AM: Breakfast (Pancakes & Eggs, Bacon/Sausage)
10 AM: Archery Booth Opens
10 AM: Battlegame (Glory of Mars)
12:30 PM: Lunch (Dirty Rice and Cornbread)
1:30 PM: Battlegame (The Battle of Thermopylae)
4:00 PM: Battlegame (The Sack of Rome)
6:00 PM: Dinner (BBQ Chicken, Fettuccine Alfredo, Brocoli, Rolls and a Special Trainer Dinner)
7:30 PM: A&S Tourney
7:30 PM: Wheel of Fate Speed Tourney
8:00 PM – ?: Lit Ditch
8:00 PM - ?: Open Pub (21 and over-alcohol/18 and over cigars) (Brought to you by Westmarch Gentlemen's Club)

Saturday
8:00 AM: Breakfast (Breakfast Burritos)
(9:30 AM: Trainer Briefing, Slave Ditch
10:00 AM: Slave Auction (Team Selection)
11:30 AM: Bronze Division
12:30 PM: Lunch (Cold Cuts, Fruit)
1:00 PM: Silver Division
2:30 PM: Gold Division
3:30 PM: Special Event!
6:00 PM: Dinner and Prize Distribution (Tri-tip, French Bread, Fruits, Salad, Baked Potatoes, and a Special Desert)
7:00 PM: A Special Dessert!
8:00 PM – ?: Lit Ditch

Sunday
Cleanup and vacate site by 11am
11:01 - late : Be melancholy about how much you miss people from FOM
Last edited by deimos on Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deimos
GMR of SSD
deimos

Postby Fiks » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:48 pm

11:11 is the saddest time. A bunch of lonely numbers.
"How harmful overspecialization is. It cuts knowledge at a million points and leaves it bleeding."—Hari Seldon
Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brotha', I hurt people. Bonk!
Fiks

Postby Katnchains » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:21 pm

Mythandril would like to volunteer as a trainer, red if possible.
Katnchains

Postby GALE StrongHammer » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:27 pm

If orange trainer is available, I would very much like to do it!

(I'm thinking of a Pict/Barbarian theme for the team this year. If It's still available.)
"Just because I can't do it today, doesn't mean I'm not going to be able to do it someday."
GALE StrongHammer

Postby Dagny » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:45 pm

It looks like there's a volunteer for each trainer spot. Can we get confirmations? I have stuff I want to get for my people. :)
"Mongo only pawn in game of life." ~Mongo, Blazing Saddles
Dagny

Postby Griffin » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:01 am

I'll work out the final list and post sometime... ugh. Today. Accursed midnight...
Griffin
Squire to Sir Deimos
Griffin

Postby deimos » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:27 am

Here is the moment that several of you have been waiting for! The list of selected participants for the Battlebuddy program is as follows:

Vidya & Freyir
Belias & Guyvas
Porkins & Jareth
Azus & Ydurna
Luna Jinxx & Bill of Tiny Fluff
Fox & CJ

Congratulations, and may many fall before your respective awesomenesses.
Deimos
GMR of SSD
deimos

Postby Griffin » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:31 am

Alright, after reviewing PMs and emails, I'm ready to announce this year's trainers.

Red: Sir Euric Bloodstone
Green: Azalin d'Vraxria
Blue: Katnchains
Yellow: Torbjorn Kegslayer
Orange: Mythandril
Purple: Dagny
Last edited by Griffin on Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Griffin
Squire to Sir Deimos
Griffin

Postby deimos » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:57 pm

These are the planned battlegames for Friday at Feast of Mars. Details are subject to change if necessary.

Tribute battlegame
The game features opposing spawn points and a single control point in the middle. At regular intervals, supplies will be divvied out to the build teams based on who controls the center point. In some cases the items might be equal, in other cases they will not be (for example, the team currently holding the center might receive scissors, where the losing team receives child's safety scissors). Build teams are non-combat and may not be attacked or interfered with.

The build teams will have some truly random stuff to work with. It will challenge your imagination and your technical abilities.

Full class battlegame

Objective:
The build team will attempt to create a Tribute to Mars from the varying items presented to them. This tribute can take any form, and is not expected to be permanent. The game ends at 30 minutes, or when one team calls to Mars to present their tribute (minimum 15 minutes have passed). If time expires, both tributes will be presented and Mars will choose which he favors. If one team presents early, Mars will only judge that item. If he approves, that team will be declared the victor. However, if the tribute is unsatisfactory, the other team will automatically win.
Mechanics:
Battle teams: Respawn when two people are in nirvana. Unlimited lives/no life pools.
After the battle team selection, the team captains will select their build teams. People who do not normally participate in battle games are encouraged to participate in the build teams. The team captain will select a build team captain, who will have the authority to present their tribute early, if they so choose.
Build teams may not bring any of their own equipment or materials and must only use what is provided (aside from their skills and imagination).
Build teams will be given items based on who controls the center point at regular intervals.

TL;DR version for fighters who hate rules:
Respawn at 2 or more people in nirvana. Unlimited lives. Control the center point for your team. Do not attack or interfere with build teams. Rinse/Repeat.
The Battle of Thermopylae
This year, the popular Thermopylae battle is leaping out of Mars' arena into a full-fledged battlegame. Can you survive against the odds and rewrite history? Can magic and abilities swing the tide in favor of the Greeks, or are the Persians just too powerful?
Full class battlegame.

Objective: As the Spartans, your objective is to hold out as long as possible.
As the Persians, your objective is to destroy the Spartans as fast as possible.
The victor will be decided by:
Spartan team that lasts the entire 15 minutes (Ties broken by number of lives remaining at the end of 15 minutes)
If no team lasts 15 minutes, the team that lasts the longest will win the day.

Mechanics:
3 teams will be chosen. 1 team will represent the Spartans, the other two are the Persian team. The teams will rotate so that each team has a run as the Spartans.
Time limit of 15 minutes per round.
Spartan team will respawn when 3 players are present in nirvana. Persian team will respawn after a 30 second death count.
Spartans will have 300 lives. Persians will have unlimited lives.
The Seige of Rome
Those no-good Visigoths are at it again! They have amassed a battle camp outside of Rome and are looking to destroy it once and for all. Rome, having grown rather fond of her buildings, possessions, and inhabitants, is not looking to back down.
The time for politics and treaties has passed, now there is only battle!

Full class battle game.

Objective: Hold the capture points to deplete your opponents tickets.

Additional objectives:
Capturing leader of the other team adds 5 tickets to your total. This is achieved by bringing the dead leader back to your main base. In order to move a dead body, one must place an empty hand on their shoulder and walk with them back to base. The dead body must move at a walking pace, no faster, no slower. When the hand on the shoulder is removed, they drop. This must be completed within 30 seconds of death (the dead leader should keep audible count for convenience).
Special timed objectives:
Visigoths: Kidnap the senators. At a pre-specified point, there will be a short time period where the Visigoths can acquire additional tickets by kidnapping Senators before they can flee. Your team captain will be advised when this period beings.
Romans: Free the captured citizens. At a pre-specified point, there will be a short time period where the Romans can acquire additional tickets by rescuing kidnapped citizens before they absconded with by the Visigoths. Your team captain will be advised when this period begins.

Mechanics:
Each team will have X points/tickets to start the game. At regular intervals, each team will lose points/tickets based on the number of flags held by the opposing team (example: team A holds 4 flags, team B holds 1 flag - Team A loses 1 point, Team B loses 4). When your team runs out of points/tickets, your team no longer respawns. The remaining team must then capture all hold points in order to win.
Respawn will occur at your main base when 3 teammates are present.
Deimos
GMR of SSD
deimos

Postby Griffin » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:47 pm

The trainer list has been updated.
Griffin
Squire to Sir Deimos
Griffin

Postby deimos » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:32 pm

VERY IMPORTANT

Feast of Mars has a zero tolerance policy for underage drinking. Anyone in violation of this policy will be removed from site by the King City Police Department. There will be no warnings and no alternative punishment.
If you are under 21 (or if you are under 18, then your parent) then you will be required to sign the waiver found here http://goo.gl/bFhq42
Please print this waiver, sign (and have your parent sign) and bring to gate when you sign in.

Neither the event nor Westmarch is equipped or trained to deal with under-age drinking, however, the police department is.

Please remember that this is an event in Westmarch, not a Westmarch event. That means the event staff does not need WM permission to have you removed from site.

This is a great event, please keep it that way by not having to spend most of it in a holding cell.
Deimos
GMR of SSD
deimos

Postby Griffin » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:14 pm

I've heard murmurings of this detail maybe getting a little lost in the general flow of information, so I'd like to reiterate that no Amtgarders are allowed on site before 3 PM.

Thanks, and see (some of) you tomorrow!
Griffin
Squire to Sir Deimos
Griffin

PreviousNext

Return to Upcoming Events