Scale armor?

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Wavehaven

Moderators: Misty, mikezilla

Re: Scale armor?

Postby Mantis » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:33 am

That's a big thing to consider with armor: one lands 4 is another lands 3 or 2. The process of heavy mix'n'match could make it to 6 points in wavehaven and 75% of the other lands, but 5 or 4 in rest. It would suck more if said lands were hosting a big gathering, you got there, and bam you're in 4 points instad of 6.

Another issue I have with iron-chef'd (mix'n'matching) your armor is actual combat. You want people to know that you have 6-7 points without asking. When I wear iron-chef'd chain (4pt chain, 1 pt cloth, 1pt warrior buff) people will frequently ask why i'm still alive and stuff during/after a fight. Furthermore, 20% of my battlegame deaths are from armor queries. When you come out in plate and a purple sash, it's self explanatory, fight on!!!

Ultimately, the fewer steps you take getting to 6, the better (in my opinion.) Plate is the fastest.

PS...breast plate is way easier than it gets credit for! The tools are the pain in the ass.
http://www.armourarchive.org/patterns/b ... ndrewward/
Guest: mantis wahts so good about warrior?
Mantis: Guess What! I got a FEVER; And the only prescription, is more Armor.
Mantis

Postby Azus » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:40 am

To get started, tools don't have to be a pain. A hammer, something for an anvil (stump, railroad, or actual small anvil), something to cut metal (angle grinder works), a drill (not just for holes, with the right attachments you can polish as well) is enough to get started. Not enough to do fancy stuff mind you.

A decent punch, different anvils, a half dozen hammers, hazardous chemicals to remove the latest failed experiment at anti-rust coatings, welding machines, that all comes later.
Azus

Postby Decoy » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:42 pm

Decoy

Postby Garuda » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:56 pm

I could see how you might be confused, but the topic here is actually Garuda-mesh. See below for a visual aid to your understanding.

Garuda

Previous

Return to Duchy of Wavehaven - Santa Cruz, CA